Appreciate one of the best video games of all time through our collection of Dark Souls quotes.
Dark Souls is a role-playing action game released in 2011. The game is about collecting your enemies’ souls and using them to improve your abilities and weapons.
It is an exciting game that makes death a learning experience and a motivation to do better next time.
So, if you are on the lookout for more knowledge to improve your gameplay, then you’ve got to check this out!
Learn more by reading the full collection below.
Best Dark Souls Quotes
1. “You’ve got a heart of gold. Don’t let them take it from you.” – Stockpile Thomas
2. “Use this to summon one another as spirits, cross the gaps between the worlds, and engage in jolly cooperation!” – Solaire of Astora
3. “The sun is a wondrous body like a magnificent father!” – Solaire of Astora
4. “Life is a journey, and every journey eventually leads to home.” – Crestfallen Saulden
5. “Now that I am Undead, I have come to this great land—the birthplace of Lord Gwyn, to seek my very own sun!” – Solaire of Astora
6. “So, what do you say? Why not help one another on this lonely journey?” – Solaire of Astora
7. “I am a warrior of the sun! Spot my summon signature easily by its brilliant aura.” – Solaire of Astora
8. “What’s wrong? Get a bit of a scare out there? No problem. Have a seat and get comfortable. We’ll both be hollow before you know it.” – Crestfallen Knight
9. “The flow of time itself is convoluted, with heroes centuries-old phasing in and out.” – Solaire of Astora
10. “If I were told that by killing you I would be free from this curse, I would draw my blade without hesitation.” – Lucatiel of Mirrah
Related: Mass Effect Quotes
Proud Dark Souls Quotes That Will Leave You in Awe
11. “I am Solaire of Astora, an adherent to the Lord of Sunlight.” – Solaire of Astora
12. “This is the only real direction in the story you’re ever going to get.” – Crestfallen Knight
13. “If you miss it, you must be blind!” – Solaire of Astora
14. “Only in truth, the Lords will abandon their thrones, and the Unkindled will rise. Nameless accursed Undead, unfit even to be Cinder, and so, it is that ash seeketh embers.” – Narrator
15. “Feeble cursed one! Let’s hope the magnificence of my spells does not deter you!” – Straid of Olaphis
16. “The way I see it, our fates appear to be intertwined.” – Solaire of Astora
17. “I’ve seen your kind, time and time again. Every fleeing man must be caught. Every secret must be unearthed. Such is the conceit of the self-proclaimed seeker of truth. But, in the end, you lack the stomach for the agony you’ll bring upon yourself.” – Sir Vilhelm
18. “Once, the Lord of Light banished dark, and all that stemmed from humanity and men assumed a fleeting form. These are the roots of our world. Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite, a lie will remain a lie!” – Aldia
19. “My blade may break, my arrows fall wide, but my will shall never be broken. Those who live by the sword will die by it, and I, Drummond, won’t go down without drawing mine!” – Captain Drummond.
20. “Bearer of the Curse, seek souls—larger and more powerful souls. Seek the King. That is the only way. Lest this land swallows you whole, as it has so many others.” – Emerald Herald
21. “In Twilight Blighttown, where else might my sun be? Lost Izalith or the Tomb of the Gravelord? But I cannot give up. I became Undead.” – Solaire of Astora
22. “Not enough for you? Well, let’s not be stingy now.” – Knight Lautrec
23. “The First Flame quickly fades. Darkness will shortly settle, but one day, tiny flames will dance across the darkness. Like embers, linked by Lords’ past.” – Narrator
24. “The beings who possess these souls have outlived their usefulness, or chosen the path of the wicked. Let there be no guilt—let there be no vacillation.” – Kingseeker Frampt
25. “Noble Lords of Cinder—the fire fades, and the Lords go without thrones. Surrender your fires to the one true Heir. Let them grant death to the old gods of Lordran, deliverers of the First Flame.” – Fire Keeper
Dark Souls Quotes to Take Your Game to the Next Level
26. “When the Ashes are two, a flame alighteth.” – Ashes of Ariandel
27. “We are amidst strange beings, in a strange land.” – Solaire of Astora
28. “There is a darkness within man, and I am afraid you will peer into it. Whether the fear will spark self-reflection or a ruinous nostalgia is up to you entirely. Fear not, your choice will bring you no scorn.” – Karla
29. “There’s no telling how much longer your world and mine will remain in contact.” – Solaire of Astora
30. “Death is equitable, accepting. We will all, one day, be welcomed by her embrace.” – Grave Warden Agdayne
31. “Oh, are you lost on your journey? No matter, today’s lost are conquerors tomorrow. It only demonstrates the making of a champion, and besides, it will not change my sense of gratitude, or how I think of you.” – Karla
32. “In a land brimming with Hollows, could that really be mere chance?” – Solaire of Astora
33. “There is no path. Beyond the scope of light, beyond the reach of dark, what could possibly await us? And yet, we seek it insatiably. Such is our fate.” – Aldia
34. “Is this the blood? The blood of the Dark Soul?” – Slave Knight Gael
35. “I, Siegward of the Knights of Catarina, have come to fulfill my promise. Let the sun shine upon this Lord of Cinder.” – Siegward of Catarina
36. “Every age, it seems, is tainted by the greed of men. Rubbish, to one such as I, devoid of all worldly wants! I don’t know. Maybe it’s just the way we are. I’ll stick you in my prayers. A fine dark soul, to you.” – Unbreakable Patches
37. “Yet, another stands before us, then so be it. For the curse of life is the curse of want, and so, you peer into the fog, in hope of answers.” – Ancient Dragon
38. “Where have you gone, sweet child? It’s cold outside. It’s awfully cold. Where have you run off to?” – Birch Woman
39. “The very fabric wavers and relations shift and obscure.” – Solaire of Astora
40. “Brave Undead, you have proven yourself to me. Now, be one with the Dark.” – Nashandra
Badass Dark Souls Quotes
41. “We’ll build a high wall, and we’ll make the Unkindled pay for it.” – Prince Lorian
42. “Of course, we are not the only ones engaged in this.” – Solaire of Astora
43. “Our gracious Lord made Londor whole.” – Narrator
44. “Here you have a man who stopped at nothing to change the world. He mastered sorceries of frost, miracles of the moon. He partnered with a kingdom-ending flame and took advantage of the Deep. He used all of this, plus social and political manipulation, to usurp an age-old kingdom, rising within the ranks of its knights, twisting its Deacons to feed a god to a Lord of Cinder and supplant the Age of Fire. The tyrant, Sulyvahn, tore apart many bonds but was undone himself by a mere Unkindled. Proof that no champion is more powerful than the fire linking curse. So, if this man can’t change the world, what hope do we have?” – Vaati Vidya
45. “We Unkindled are worthless, can’t even die right. Gives me conniptions.” – Hawkwood the Deserter
46. “I can see it in your eyes. If you didn’t invade, didn’t pillage, whatever would you do?” – Ringfinger Leonhard
47. “Oh, dear, another dogged contender. Welcome, Unkindled One, purloiner of Cinders. Mind you, the mantle of Lord interests me none. The fire linking curse, the legacy of Lords, let it all fade into nothing. You’ve done quite enough, now have your rest.” – Prince Lothric
48. “I beg of thee, the spread of the Abyss must be stopped.” – Artorias the Abysswalker
49. “Surely mankind are more than pure dark, for I have availed you nothing. All of you, forgive me. Whatever thou art, stay away.” – Artorias the Abysswalker
50. “Soon, I will be consumed by them—by the Dark.” – Artorias the Abysswalker
51. “Hello there. Forgive me. I was just pondering about my poor fortune. I did not find my own sun, not in Anor Londo.” – Solaire of Astora
52. “They’d have us seek the Lords of Cinder and return them to their molding thrones. But we’re talking true legends with the mettle to link the fire. We’re not fit to lick their boots, don’t you think?” – Hawkwood the Deserter
53. “I’ll provide whatever service you need. For a fair price, of course!” – Stone Trader Chloanne
54. “This spot marks our grave, but you may rest here too if you would like.” – Prince Lothric
55. “In the end, he never sat on the true throne.” – Nashandra
Dark Souls Quotes That Will Touch Your Heart
56. “I get such a warm feeling inside when I get the chance to help others!” – Laddersmith Gilligan
57. “Oh, hello there. I will stay behind to gaze at the sun.” – Solaire of Astora
58. “I am grateful for these peaceful days. But such contentment lies only in the here and now. Why must life be so confounding?” – Vengarl of Forossa
59. “You were at my side, all along.” – Ludwig the Holy Blade
60. “The Queen brought peace to this land, and to her King. A peace so deep it was like the Dark.” – Chancellor Wellager
61. “May the Dark shine your way.” – Darkdiver Grandahl
62. “I prefer a more cautious approach. It’s hard to know who to even trust these days.” – Mild-Mannered Pate
63. “To pursue this! But when I peer at the sun up above, it occurs to me. What if I am seen as a laughing stock, as a blind fool without reason?” – Solaire of Astora
64. “If only I could be so grossly incandescent!” – Solaire of Astora
65. “You really are fond of chatting with me, aren’t you? If I didn’t know better, I’d think you had feelings for me! Oh, no, dear me. Pretend you didn’t hear that!” – Solaire of Astora
Other Dark Souls Quotes for Game Lovers
66. “You know, I was thinking about leaving for another round of thieving. There must be something of use in Lothric Castle.” – Greirat of the Undead Settlement
67. “Thought you could outwit an onion?” – Unbreakable Patches
68. “Well, I suppose they wouldn’t be far off!” – Solaire of Astora
69. “I’m aware of the danger. That castle is a death trap. Not a single man has returned from the castle unscathed, even back in the day. But I don’t want to sit around and die a petty rat, and I consider myself your friend.” – Greirat of the Undead Settlement
70. “You, who link the fire. You, who bear the curse. Once the fire is linked, souls will flourish anew, and all of this will play out again. It is your choice to embrace or renounce this. Great Sovereign, take your throne. What lies ahead, only you can see.” – Emerald Herald
Which Dark Souls Quote Is Your Favorite?
One decade after its release, Dark Souls remains to be a game every player loves. No matter how frustrating it is that we keep being defeated, it is rewarding to feel how we get better every time.
Somehow, it is a metaphor for how life works. Our obstacles test our patience and willpower on every loss, but it is also why we keep going for our dreams.
If we are always badly affected by our mistakes and our worst points then it will be harder to overcome our fears. Dark Souls is a game that challenges us the same way life beats us up. Hopefully, our quote collection motivated you to conquer life.
So, what is your main takeaway from this collection? Do you have more Dark Souls quotes to add? Leave a comment down below.