Whether you grew up with this movie or not, we’re sure there are countless life lessons you can learn from this list of the best Dumbo quotes!
Dumbo is an animated movie that was released in 1941. On the surface, it may appear like it’s just a cute animated film, but it’s more than that. Dumbo is definitely one of those Disney classics that we can never forget because of the wisdom they tried to impart.
Indeed, Dumbo is an old film, but it has lessons like acceptance, bullying, and many more that are still very much relevant to what we experience today. So, if you want to know more about the movie and its characters, make sure you read through the complete list below!
Continue to the collection below.
Best Dumbo Quotes
1. “Embrace what makes you different.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
2. “Don’t just fly, soar!” – Dumbo
3. “The very things that held you down are gonna carry you up and up and up.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
4. “I know how you feel, Dumbo, but you’ll have to pull yourself together. What would your mother think of you, if she saw you crying like this? Remember, you come from a proud race.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
5. “You have something very rare. You have wonder. You have mystique. You have magic.” – V. A. Vandevere
6. “Friends, young and old, you have a home at our circus, where anything is possible and miracles happen. Believe me, they do.” – Max Medici
Dumbo Quotes to Inspire You
7. “Cast your doubts aside and fly.” – Dumbo
8. “You’re standing on the threshold of success. Don’t look down, it’ll make you dizzy.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
9. “Nothing stops him, he’ll get through.” – Narrator
10. “You oughta be proud. You’re a success.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
11. “You’re a miracle elephant, Dumbo.” – Milly Farrier
12. “You can do it, Dumbo; show ’em.” – Milly Farrier
Dumbo Quotes That Will Warm Your Heart
13. “Straight from heaven up above, here is a baby for you to love.” – Mr. Stork
14. “Rest your head close to my heart, never to part, baby of mine.” – Mrs. Dumbo
15. “I’m gonna take care of your future.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
16. “A mother’s love is the ultimate comfort.” – Narrator
17. “What’s the matter with his ears? I don’t see nothing wrong with them. I think they’re cute.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
18. “Your mother’ll be so proud of you, I’ll be proud of you, too. The whole circus be proud of you.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
19. “Your children don’t need you to be perfect. They just need you to believe in them.” – Colette Marchant
Sad Dumbo Quotes That Will Make You Emotional
20. “They’re giving him the cold shoulder. Poor little guy. There he goes, without a friend in the world. Nobody to turn to.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
21. “Just because he’s got those big ears, they call him a freak. The laughing stock of the circus. And when his mother tried to protect him, they threw her into the clink.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
22. “What’s the use of talking to you cold-hearted boys? Go ahead! Have your fun! Laugh at him! Kick him now that he’s down! Go on! We don’t care.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
23. “You oughta be ashamed of yourselves! A bunch of big guys like you, picking on a poor little orphan like him. Suppose you was torn away from your mother when you was just a baby. Nobody to tuck you in at night. No warm, soft, caressing trunk to snuggle into. How would you like being left out alone, in a cold, cruel, heartless world?” – Timothy Q. Mouse
Also read: Elephant Quotes
Short Dumbo Quotes to Think About
24. “Your ma ain’t crazy. She’s just broken-hearted.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
25. “Some days deserve an extra dose of cute.” – Dumbo
26. “Dumbo! Look! Have I got it! The magic feather! Now you can fly!” – Timothy Q. Mouse
More Dumbo Quotes for Everyone Who Grew up With This Movie
27. “Must have overdid it in there, don’t know my own strength sometimes.” – Timothy Q. Mouse
28. “Dumbo! The ninth wonder of the universe! The world’s only flying elephant!” – Timothy Q. Mouse
29. “I seen a peanut stand and heard a rubber band. I’ve seen a needle that winked its eye, but I been done seen about everything, when I see an elephant fly.” – Jim Crow
30. “Dumbo! You flew! Boy, am I stupid. Why didn’t I think of this before? Your ears! Just look at them, Dumbo! Why, they’re perfect wings!” – Timothy Q. Mouse
Are There Any New Lessons You’ve Learned From Dumbo Now That You’re Older?
Dumbo, an elephant in the circus, was born differently from the others. He was born with giant floppy ears that were quite unusual for elephants. Because of this, Dumbo was bullied by the others in the circus except for Timothy Q. Mouse, who became his friend, mentor, and guardian after Mrs. Dumbo passed away.
With the help of Timothy Q. Mouse, Dumbo was slowly able to accept what made him different. Through time, he learned that he could fly and rise above all the circus’s challenges with his unique qualities.
Through Dumbo, we learn the value and importance of accepting what truly makes us ourselves. Remember that you wouldn’t be you without your quirks. So, even when someone tries to target and bring you down, don’t listen to them; instead, believe in yourself and find comfort in your genuine friends!
Have you watched Dumbo before? Which quote reminded you of the movie the most? List them down below!