If you’re looking for some inspiration and lessons on friendship, music, and youth, these top 60 Glee quotes are perfect for you!
Glee is a musical comedy-drama series that piqued the interest of viewers worldwide. It focuses on the fictional glee club that competes as a show choir. No doubt, you’ve heard at least one of your favorite songs sung by members of the club!
Aside from the great tunes it offers, the glee club also has diverse members. Characters like Rachel, Santana, and more give us a sneak peek of how they deal with sexuality, race, teen relationships, and more!
The show ended with its final episode in 2015. But, in true Glee fashion, the characters’ words contain truth that is still relevant today.
So, what are you holding out for? Read through our collection below to learn more about Glee, its characters, and the music!
Best Glee Quotes
1. “All great changes come from people who refused to get used to what was accepted but wasn’t right.” – Will Schuester
2. “Glee, by its very definition, is about opening yourself up to joy.” – Lillian Adler
3. “Sometimes if you want to make a change you gotta make a little noise.” – Blaine Anderson
4. “There comes a moment in every performer’s life that defines him or her, sometimes for the rest of their career. This is our moment. We’ve struggled. We’ve endured. And now we must triumph.” – Will Schuester
5. “Don’t lose track of who you are just because it might be easier to be someone else.” – Will Schuester
6. “If there is one thing I’ve learned from Finn it’s that shame is a wasted emotion.” – Kurt Hammel
7. “And as soon as I did that, as soon as I started believing that maybe I was smart after all, I think the whole world did too.” – Brittany Pierce
8. “Nowadays being anonymous is worse than being poor. Fame is the most important thing in our culture now.” – Rachel Berry
9. “No matter how talentless, misshapen, ugly, miserable, or sexually ambiguous you are, glee will still love you unconditionally.” – Sue Sylvester
10. “See the world not as it is, but as it should be.” – Finn Hudson
Famous Glee Quotes
11. “We’re all losers. Everyone in this school! Hell, everyone in this town. Out of all the kids who graduate, maybe half will go to college—and two will leave the state to do it! I’m not afraid to be called a loser, because I can accept that’s what I am, but I am afraid of turning my back on something that actually made me happy for the first time in my sorry life.” – Finn Hudson
12. “Life only really has one beginning and one end, and the rest is just a whole lot of middle.” – Will Schuester
13. “There’s not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They’re both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they’re cheering for you. You do that, and someday they will.” – Sue Sylvester
14. “We sing and that’s all we ever do.” – Artie Abrams
Glee Quotes That’ll Inspire You
15. “Who cares what happens when we get there when the getting there has been so much fun?” – Will Schuester
16. “Being part of something special does not make you special; something is special because you are a part of it.” – Rachel Berry
17. “Ms. Sylvester, I want to thank you for teaching me a valuable life lesson: when you really believe in yourself, you don’t have to bring other people down.” – Quinn Fabray
18. “You can’t change the past, but you can let go and start your future.” – Quinn Fabray
19. “The only life worth living is one that you’re really passionate about.” – Emma Pillsbury
20. “Don’t wish away your life, you’re exactly where you’re supposed to be.” – Shelby Corcoran
Also read: The Greatest Showman Quotes
Glee Quotes From Santana Lopez
21. “Just because I hate everyone doesn’t mean they have to hate me too.” – Santana Lopez
22. “I’m gonna be famous if it’s the last thing I do.” – Santana Lopez
23. “No one’s forcing me to be here, and if you tell anyone this I’ll deny it, but I like being in glee club. It’s the best part of my day.” – Santana Lopez
24. “What difference does it make? Everyone knows my role here is to look hot.” – Santana Lopez
25. “I just try to be really, really honest with people when I think that they suck! You know? No one gets it.” – Santana Lopez
26. “I’ve tried so hard to push this feeling away and keep it locked inside, but everyday just feels like a war. And I walk around so mad at the world, but I’m really just fighting with myself. I don’t want to fight anymore. I’m just too tired. I have to just be me.” – Santana Lopez
27. “I mean, it’s a win-win for me. It’ll be great for the image and Coach Sylvester will totally promote me to Head Cheerleader.” – Santana Lopez
28. “Holy sweet hell! They’re fooling around! I know what cheating looks like, I do it all the time.” – Santana Lopez
29. “You know what, I used to love coming here. But now this just reminds me of everything that I’ve lost.” – Santana Lopez
30. “I will hit you so hard that you won’t be able to wake up until you’re old enough to be a funny lady.” – Santana Lopez
Also read: La La Land Quotes
Glee Quotes From Kurt Hummel
31. “I don’t know why I find his stupidity charming. I mean, he’s cheating off a girl who thinks the square root of four is rainbows.” – Kurt Hummel
32. “Trust is a choice.” – Kurt Hummel
33. “I swear to you I will never change, I’m proud to be different. It’s the best thing about me.” – Kurt Hummel
34. “Every moment of your life is an opportunity for fashion.” – Kurt Hummel
35. “Did I miss the election for queen? Because I didn’t vote for you.” – Kurt Hummel
Glee Quotes From Rachel Berry
36. “You may laugh because every time I sign my name I put a gold star after it, but it’s a metaphor, and metaphors are important. My gold stars are a metaphor for me being a star.” – Rachel Berry
37. “What I love the most about you is that you don’t try to do or be what anyone else is doing, okay? You make your own path.” – Rachel Berry
38. “I realized being a star didn’t make me as special as being your friend.” – Rachel Berry
39. “You are a star, Rachel Berry. And in just two days from now, you are going to shine so bright on that stage that the sun is gonna cry with envy. You know when your time is and it’s now.” – Rachel Berry
40. “I’m perfectly capable of accessing my pain. I cry every time I sing a solo.” – Rachel Berry
41. “Have you ever liked someone so much you just wanna lock yourself in your room, turn on sad music, and cry?” – Rachel Berry
42. “Being thrown up on, it just does something to a person.” – Rachel Berry
43. “I know I may not be a typical beauty, and no one’s ever gonna pay me to walk the runway at fashion week or I’m not gonna cure cancer, or write the great American novel, but if you give me a stage to sing on, I know in my gut, there’s no one that can beat me.” – Rachel Berry
44. “I’m only really generous if there’s something in it for me.” – Rachel Berry
45. “I can’t give myself to someone who isn’t—brave enough to sing a solo. If you don’t have the guts to do that, then how are you going to be bold enough to deal with the ups and downs of loving an admittedly high-maintenance girl?” – Rachel Berry
Glee Quotes From Quinn Fabray
46. “Now, remember, if the balloon pops, the noise makes the angels cry.” – Quinn Fabray
47. “I’m your daughter, who loves you; and I know this must be really hard for you, but I just need my daddy to hold me and tell me that it’s gonna be okay.” – Quinn Fabray
48. “Status is like currency. When your bank account is full, you can get away with doing just about anything, but right now, we’re like toxic assets.” – Quinn Fabray
49. “I really don’t know what I’m going to do anymore. My mind is pretty messed up about everything.” – Quinn Fabray
50. “When you start eating for somebody else so that they can grow and be healthy, your relationship to food changes. I realized that if I’m still willing to eat right to take care of this baby, why am I not willing to do it for myself?” – Quinn Fabray
Glee Quotes on Love
51. “As if in every lifetime that you and I have ever lived we’ve chosen to come back and find each other and fall in love all over again, over and over, for all eternity.” – Blaine Anderson
52. “I want to be with you. But I’m afraid of the talks and the looks. I mean, you know what happened to Kurt at this school. I’m so afraid of what everyone will say behind my back. Still, I have to accept that—I love you. I love you and I don’t want to be with Sam or Finn or any of those other guys. I just want you. Please, say you love me back. Please.” – Santana Lopez
53. “And I just feel so lucky that I found you so soon in this lifetime because all I want to do, all I’ve ever wanted to do, is spend my life loving you.” – Blaine Anderson
Funny Glee Quotes
54. “I don’t trust a man with curly hair. I can’t help picturing small birds laying sulfurous eggs in there, and I find it disgusting.” – Sue Sylvester
55. “My personality is like a radioactive asteroid. Spend too much time with it and it could kill you.” – Sam Evans
56. “Family is like fudge. It’s mostly sweet, but with a bunch of nuts.” – Sam Evans
57. “This isn’t violent. This is clever. I taped it to my under boob.” – Santana Lopez
58. “This is what we call a total disaster, ladies. I’m going to ask you to smell your armpits. That’s the smell of failure, and it’s stinking up my office. I’m revoking your tanning privileges for the rest of the semester.” – Sue Sylvester
59. “I’m not interested in any labels unless it’s on something I shoplift.” – Santana Lopez
60. “The English language lacks the requisite words to express just how much I dislike you.” – Sue Sylvester
What Insightful Message Did Glee Leave You With?
Even though Glee is a show full of dancing and singing, it also contains many pearls of wisdom. If you’ve watched the show, you’ll agree with the following lessons that everyone can learn from it.
People who dislike and alienate others are prevalent in groups. But, we must never let anything or anyone stand in our way of achieving our goals. Remember, we can do anything if we believe in ourselves; our own insecurities are the only thing hindering us.
Also, there were many instances where the characters just wanted to give up on their dreams, love, and passion. But, through their determination, they were able to shake off these doubts in their minds. Instead, they fought through challenges with understanding and acceptance.
Glee is, without a doubt, one of the best-written musical shows of all time. Its humor is excellent, the drama adds to the show’s juicy conflict, and its writing style gives it a unique flair that no other performance can match.
Feel free to go through this collection again whenever you miss your favorite series. Learn to accept your flaws, be confident, and pursue your passions just like our beloved characters!
Did you enjoy reading our collection? Which quotes piqued your interest? Drop them down in the comments section.