These hope quotes will inspire you to stay optimistic and persevere in the face of adversity.
Hope is a driving force that propels you forward in life. Despite the many failures you will face, hope will assure you that, in one way or another, your future will turn out well.
By holding onto hope, you will be redirected to a positive mindset that will motivate you to work harder to achieve your goals.
Hope is something intangible, but it’s enough to encourage us to do better in life.
Check the complete list below if you want to know more about hope!
Best Hope Quotes
1. “Hope is not the conviction that something will turn out well but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.” – Vaclav Havel
2. “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” – Christopher Reeve
3. “Hope lies in dreams, in imagination, and in the courage of those who dare to make dreams into reality.” – Jonas Salk
4. “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.” – Desmond Tutu
5. “Hope is outreaching desire with expectancy of good. It is a characteristic of all living beings.” – Edward S. Ame
6. “He who has health has hope, and he who has hope has everything.” – Thomas Carlyle
7. “Never give up. Have hope. Expect only the best from life and take action to get it.” – Catherine Pulsifer
8. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear hardship today.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
9. “Remember, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.” – Stephen King
Famous Quotes About Hope
10. “Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future.” – Robert H. Schuller
11. “If it were not for hope, the heart would break.” – Thomas Fuller
12. “Hope means hoping when everything seems hopeless.” – G.K. Chesterton
13. “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” – George Chakiris
14. “Hope is the feeling that the feeling you have isn’t permanent.” – Jean Kerr
15. “Hope is the pillar that holds up the world. Hope is the dream of a waking man.” – Pliny the Elder
16. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
17. “Hope is one of the principal springs that keep mankind in motion.” – Thomas Fuller
18. “Hope is not an emotion; it’s a way of thinking or a cognitive process.” – Brené Brown
19. “Hope is a renewable option: if you run out of it at the end of the day, you get to start over in the morning.” – Barbara Kingsolver
20. “Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” – Epicurus
21. “I think it’s a mistake to ever look for hope outside of one’s self.” – Arthur Miller
22. “Hope sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.” – Helen Keller
23. “Hope is not about proving anything. It’s about choosing to believe this one thing, that love is bigger than any grim, bleak shit anyone can throw at us.” – Anne Lamott
24. “There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonic so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow.” – Orison Swett Marden
Also read: Famous Quotes
Hope Quotes to Inspire You
25. “A strong mind always hopes, and has always cause to hope.” – Thomas Carlyle
26. “There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.” – John Green
27. “Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever.” – Roy T. Bennett
28. “Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering ‘it will be happier.’” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
29. “Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us.” – Samuel Smiles
30. “Hang on to your hat. Hang on to your hope. And wind the clock, for tomorrow is another day.” – E. B. White
31. “Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don’t give up.” – Anne Lamott
32. “Strange as it may seem, I still hope for the best, even though the best, like an interesting piece of mail, so rarely arrives, and even when it does it can be lost so easily.” – Lemony Snicket
Also read: Inspirational Quotes
Powerful Hope Quotes for a Better Life
33. “Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all they have.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
34. “Hope itself is like a star, not to be seen in the sunshine of prosperity, and only to be discovered in the night of adversity.” – Charles Haddon Spurgeon
35. “Hope can be a powerful force. Maybe there’s no actual magic in it, but when you know what you hope for most and hold it like a light within you, you can make things happen, almost like magic.” – Laini Taylor
36. “Hope is that thing inside us that insists, despite all the evidence to the contrary, that something better awaits us if we have the courage to reach for it and to work for it and to fight for it.” – Barack Obama
Positive Hope Quotes to Keep You Going
37. “We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
38. “Even if the hopes you started out with are dashed, hope has to be maintained.” – Seamus Heaney
39. “It is because of hope that you suffer. It is through hope that you’ll change things.” – Maxime Lagacé
40. “A positive statement propels hope toward a better future, it builds up your faith and that of others, and it promotes change.” – Jan Dargatz
Short Hope Quotes to Encourage You to Never Give Up
41. “While there’s life, there’s hope.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
42. “We need hope, or else we cannot endure.” – Sara J. Maas
43. “The most hopeful and the most enduring will prevail.” – Maxime Lagacé
44. “Hope will never be silent.” – Harvey Milk
45. “Hope is a waking dream.” – Aristotle
46. “Extreme hopes are born from extreme misery.” – Bertrand Russell
47. “May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.” – Nelson Mandela
48. “Hope is a passion for the possible.” – Søren Kierkegaard
49. “Fear never builds the future, but hope does.” – Joe Biden
50. “Hope is the last thing ever lost.” – Italian proverb
51. “To live without hope is to cease to live.” – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
52. “I am prepared for the worst, but hope for the best.” – Benjamin Disraeli
53. “The miserable have no other medicine but only hope.” – William Shakespeare
54. “In all things, it is better to hope than to despair.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
55. “All human wisdom is summed up in two words; wait and hope.” – Alexandre Dumas
Also read: Short Quotes
Hope Quotes That Will Make You Think
56. “In fact, hope is best gained after defeat and failure, because then inner strength and toughness is produced.” – Fritz Knapp
57. “Hope is a double-edged sword. Use it and you’ll suffer until you reach your goal. Don’t use it, you’ll fall into despair.” – Maxime Lagacé
58. “When you have lost hope, you have lost everything. And when you think all is lost, when all is dire and bleak, there is always hope.” – Pittacus Lore
59. “Hope is the companion of power and mother of success; for who so hopes strongly has within him the gift of miracles.” – Samuel Smiles
60. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller
61. “It’s always something, to know you’ve done the most you could. But, don’t leave off hoping, or it’s of no use doing anything. Hope, hope to the last.” – Charles Dickens
62. “The very least you can do in your life is figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof.” – Barbara Kingsolver
63. “Hope is a state of mind, not of the world. Hope, in this deep and powerful sense, is not the same as joy that things are going well, or willingness to invest in enterprises that are obviously heading for success, but rather an ability to work for something because it is good.” – Vaclav Havel
64. “Hope itself is a species of happiness, and, perhaps, the chief happiness which this world affords; but, like all other pleasures immoderately enjoyed, the excesses of hope must be expiated by pain.” – Samuel Johnson
Hope Quotes From the Bible to Uplift Your Spirit
65. “You will be secure because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety.“ – Job 11:18-19
66. “To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.” – Colossians 1:27
67. “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” – Isaiah 40:31
68. “Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain faith, hope, and love; but the greatest of these is love.” – 1 Corinthians 13:13
69. “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” – Romans 15:13
70. “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” – Jeremiah 29:11
Also read: God Quotes
Did These Quotes Encourage You to Keep Holding on to Hope?
Hope is essential in life; it keeps you sane when everything appears to be falling apart. More than that, hope instills confidence in people that things will get better in time.
There will be countless obstacles to face before we reach our dreams, but with hope, we are motivated to keep moving forward. However, hoping and believing alone will not get you far. When faced with all the trials and tribulations of life, we must then act actively to pursue what we aspire to have.
Life indeed is something we cannot fully comprehend. But, if we’re optimistic and keep holding on to hope, then someday, we will find the light at the end of the tunnel. The next time you feel like giving up, make sure you go through this list of the best hope quotes again!
Which of these hope quotes resonated with you the most? Please, leave them in the comments section.