Though advice from a pirate is not something that would first come to mind, these Jack Sparrow quotes have some insightful and wise messages you and I will surely learn from.
So, if you need a bit of inspiration to brighten up your day, these humorous words of wisdom from the world’s beloved pirate are something you shouldn’t pass without reading.
Here are his top 35 quotes.
And don’t forget to check out these Pirates of the Caribbean quotes.
Best Jack Sparrow Quotes
1. “Keep a weather eye on the horizon.”
2. “The world’s still the same. There’s just less in it.”
3. “I’m in the market, as it were.”
4. “I just need to understand something. So, you will fight against them. They will fight against you. All on account of him wanting to kill him? I say, let them fight each other! While we lay back, watch, have a drink, place some wagers!”
5. “A gentleman would give me a pair of pistols.”
6. “This girl, how far are you willing to go to save her?”
7. “Just close your eyes and pretend it’s all a bad dream. That’s how I get by.”
8. “Why fight when you can negotiate?”
9. “You forgot one very important thing, mate—I’m Captain Jack Sparrow.”
10. “I want you to know that I was rooting for you, mate. Know that.”
11. “What do you say to three shillings—and we forget the name?”
12. “Wherever we want to go, we go.”
Famous Jack Sparrow Quotes
13. “You can sit there waving that bone all day, but the dog is not going to come.”
14. “A wedding? I love weddings! Drinks all round! Oh, right. Lock him in the brig?”
15. “There’ll be no living with her after this.”
16. “How much do you know about Davy Jones?”
17. “I can let you drown.”
18. “The last time you left me a pistol with one shot.”
19. “All hands to the boats! Sorry. You give the orders.”
Jack Sparrow Quotes on Personality and Character
20. “I’m dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest.”
21. “Honestly, it’s the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they’re going to do something incredibly stupid.”
22. “Crazy people don’t know they’re crazy. I know I’m crazy, therefore I’m not crazy, isn’t that crazy?”
23. “I do that quite a lot, yet people are always surprised.”
24. “I regret nothing, ever.”
25. “The seas may be rough, but I am the Captain! No matter how difficult, I will always prevail.”
26. “You’ve stolen me and I’m here to take myself back.”
27. “You may kill me, but you might never insult me.”
28. “You can mistrust me less than you can mistrust him. Trust me.”
29. “The only rules that matter are these: What a man can do and what a man can’t do.”
Jack Sparrow Quotes on Friendship and Companionship
30. “My tremendous intuitive sense of the female creature informs me that you are troubled.”
31. “You lied to me by telling me the truth?”
32. “Mate, if you chose to lock your heart away, you’ll lose her for certain.”
33. “Take what you can, give nothing back.”
34. “Did no one come to save me just because they missed me?”
35. “This is the day you will always remember as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow.”
Did These Jack Sparrow Quotes Inspire You to Live Life for Yourself, First?
You may view Captain Jack Sparrow as someone who has quirky mannerisms, suave, and a lot of misadventures. But underneath all these things, he’s actually someone who has a lot of wisdom we can all get life lessons from. For Jack Sparrow, what’s most important is that we get to love ourselves and put ourselves first whenever we need to. It doesn’t matter whether you’re an expert on something or not. If you need to do something to survive, you’ve got to fake it ‘till you make it. It’s all about self-preservation; because you can only love and take care of others once you’re sure your own self is loved and taken care of.