Free your mind with these top Jaden Smith quotes that will bring out your most authentic self.
Jaden Smith is an actor and songwriter.
His first acting project was a 2006 film called The Pursuit of Happyness, where he acted with his father, Will Smith.
He is also well-known for his roles in The Day The Earth Stood Still, The Karate Kid, and After Earth.
Jaden never falls short in expressing his creativity through music. He released three albums since 2017 titled Syre, Erys, and CTV3: Cool Tape Vol. 3.
The musician actor grew up in a free and open environment with his sister and parents.
His experiences shaped his beliefs and unique standpoints where he learned a lot from.
So, if you are a fan of his or curious about his unique points of view, then don’t miss out on reading the full collection below!
Let’s get started.
Best Jaden Smith Quotes
1. “The moment that truth is organized, it becomes a lie.”
2. “If everybody in the world dropped out of school, we would have a much more intelligent society.”
3. “People tell me to smile. I tell them the lack of emotion on my face doesn’t mean I’m unhappy.”
4. “How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren’t real?”
5. “If newborn babies could speak, they would be the most intelligent beings on planet Earth.”
6. “I’m going to imprint myself on everything in this world.”
7. “They want you to believe the sun is hot. I urge you to ask yourself, ‘Have they ever touched it?’ Think about it.”
8. “Your mind has a duality to it. So when one thought goes into your mind, it’s not just one thought. It has to bounce off both hemispheres of the brain. When you’re thinking about something happy, you’re thinking about something sad. When you think about an apple, you also think about the opposite of an apple. It’s a tool for understanding mathematics and things with two separate realities.”
9. “You can discover everything you need to know about everything by looking at your hands.”
10. “Anything that you can shock somebody with. The only way to change something is to shock it. If you want your muscles to grow, you have to shock them. If you want society to change, you have to shock them.”
11. “All the rules in this world were made by someone no smarter than you, so make your own.”
12. “I feel like a serious revolution needs to take place in order for human beings to evolve in a way where we can truly exist as a society.”
13. “Being born was the most influential thing that’s ever happened to me, for myself.”
14. “We want to create a society that is working for us and with us—and we’re working for society, not against it.”
15. “When life gives you big problems, just be happy you forgot all your little problems.”
Also read: Chadwick Boseman Quotes
Famous Jaden Smith Quotes
16. “Kids who go to normal school are so teenagery, so angsty.”
17. “I want to be the most durable person on the planet.”
18. “I’ll never read every single book or go to every single place, but I’ll die in the trying of it.”
19. “Instagram is not the answer.”
20. “No one believed Galileo either.”
21. “People say, ‘Be safe,’ and I hate that, so I go to Skate Lab with no pads.”
22. “I should just stop tweeting. The human consciousness must raise before I speak my juvenile philosophy.”
23. “We need to stop teaching the youth about the past and encourage them to change the future.”
24. “I have a goal to be just the most craziest person of all time, and when I say craziest, I mean, like, I want to do like, Olympic-level things.”
25. “Unawareness is the only sin, and if you were aware, you would know.”
26. “The melancholiness of the ocean. The melancholiness of everything else.”
27. “My whole goal is to heal the entire planet. People say, ‘I want to change the world.’ You can change the world for better or for worse. I want to heal the whole world like a superhero would do.”
28. “If a cupcake falls from a tree, how far away will it be from down?”
29. “When you live your whole life in a prison, freedom can be so dull.”
30. “Be careful with how you make the world perceive you because they’ll perceive you like that for the rest of your life.”
Jaden Smith Quotes That Will Open Your Mind
31. “We can only see three base colors, but there’s so much more on the electromagnetic spectrum of light that we could see, but our eyes are just not capable of seeing, which brought me to the realization that what we see on an everyday basis is not actually what’s there. It’s actually only what we can take in.”
32. “As soon as me and Willow started releasing music, that’s one thing that the whole world took away is, okay, they unlocked another step of honesty. If these guys can be honest about everything, then we can be more honest.”
33. “That was like an abstract painting in the form of words. The visuals that get created in your mind when you say that sentence, I created those visuals in your mind.”
34. “You never learn anything in school. Think about how many car accidents happen every day. Driver’s ed? What’s up? I still haven’t been to driver’s ed because if everybody I know has been in an accident, I can’t see how driver’s ed is really helping them out.”
35. “I watch, like, Steve Jobs interviews. I don’t really watch TV. I stopped watching TV when I turned like, 10, because my parents were like, ‘TV’s really bad for you.'”
36. “You can be a pharaoh. Like, a pharaoh means, that which you will become.”
37. “I’m not gonna be categorized as a human. Oh, humans are supposed to do this or act like this, or people are supposed to act like this, or people are supposed to be this. I’m my own thing. Don’t judge me off some standards that were made up before I was born. I’m doing my own thing.”
38. “People think a relationship makes you whole, that it’s two 50% coming together to make 100% when it should be two 100% making 200%.”
39. “Trees are never sad. Look at them every once in a while. They’re quite beautiful.”
40. “Here’s the deal—school is not authentic because it ends. It’s not true. It’s not real. Our learning will never end.”
41. “I also took in another study, that our eyes are kind of like mirrors in a sense to where they perceive things and then they flip. We take in the information upside down and then the brain flips it right side up so that we can see it right side up, and I was like, if we take in the raw visual information upside down and mirrors portray things in reverse, then they’re not real. We’re living in the Matrix.”
42. “What is the definition of ‘light?'”
43. “When someone leaves, that’s when everybody starts to care about them.”
44. “I used to not be really honest with girls, and then I dropped a song called Starry Room, and then I started turning over a new leaf.”
45. “It really was a cathartic experience. There was so much, ‘Ugh! Ugh Ugh!’ There’s so much yelling, and throwing, and smashing. That’s why it’s like a thing we do when you’re upset about something sometimes.”
Wise Jaden Smith Quotes to Broaden Your Perspective
46. “It’s proven that how time moves for you depends on where you are in the universe. It’s relative to beings and other places, but on the level of being here on earth, if you are aware in a moment, one second can last a year. And if you are unaware, your whole childhood, your whole life can pass by in six seconds. But it’s also such a thing that you can get lost in.”
47. “Everything that I talk about in my music is pretty much just trying to evolve consciousness in the world and help everything become better and brighter.”
48. “People used to ask me, ‘What do you wanna be when you get older?’ And I would say, ‘What a stupid question, the real question is what am I right now.’”
49. “I hope it doesn’t take for me to die for you to see what I do for you.”
50. “I just want to teach people how to be comfortable. Stop being so scared.”
51. “My dad once told me, he was like, ‘The only time you should lie is when someone’s holding a gun to your head and says, ‘Okay, lie or I’m going to shoot you.’ And that really stuck with me.’”
52. “When the first animal went extinct, that should’ve been a sign.”
53. “The more time you spend awake, the more time you spend asleep.”
54. “It’s good to be happy, and tell us how cool your life is, and how awesome you are on social media. That’s great because it inspires other people to be happy too. But a lot of times, people are trying to be happy in the wrong ways—with money or with different things that are not true happiness.”
55. “Stop gossiping, reflect internally. You will find yourself a neglected part of yourself.”
Progressive Jaden Smith Quotes
56. “I would love for there to be a female president.”
57. “They distract you with us, so you don’t pay attention to the missing girls in Nigeria.”
58. “Right now, we do not act as a true society. We act as a world under terror, just scrambling to survive.”
59. “Whenever you disagree with somebody, just remember the dress and accept that you guys are seeing two different things.”
60. “Currently going through customs, even though I was born on this planet.”
Jaden Smith on His Relationships
61. “Since we’re family, we both have wins, and we don’t really go against each other, like, ‘I’m gonna kill you.'”
62. “I would love to work with Christopher Nolan, 100%.”
63. “My parents are definitely my biggest role models.”
64. “Having girlfriends is—I can’t do it. It doesn’t mean I don’t hang out with girls. It just means that I don’t like being in a relationship because it makes things very complicated. The one piece of advice that I listen to adults on—because I don’t listen to adults when it comes to most things—is that I’m too young to have a girlfriend.”
65. “I thought my dad was a scientist when I was young. Seriously, because people would come up to me, and they would be like, ‘Your dad is the smartest person that I’ve ever met.’ And I was so young, so I’d be like, ‘Well, he just put me on a time out, so I don’t agree.'”
Jaden Smith About Art and Creativity
66. “Whenever I’m making songs, I am pretty much, quote-unquote, freestyling them into existence.”
67. “People think, for some reason, that I don’t care about creativity and art, or helping people. So, I would say that the biggest misconception is, when you think about me, when you think about my name, I don’t want you to think about design, or clothes, or music. I want you to think about a person that’s just trying to help people.”
68. “I like to make music because I’ve been making music since I was seven. I can get across the things that I want to say in my music so that I don’t have to say anything. I don’t have to speak out about the things I believe. I can say them in my music.”
69. “I will always give you the truth. I will never lie to you in my music. If you can’t handle my feelings and emotions, please unfollow me.”
70. “It was fun having that experience with my dad ’cause he really taught me a lot of the stuff that he knows. Almost everything he knows about acting in that one movie.”
71. “I like all types of music. Even though rap music is 80% of what I listen to, it’s not the only thing I listen to.”
72. “I build pyramids constantly.”
73. “It’s leading people down a rabbit hole that actually doesn’t exist. So people think like, ‘Yo, once I get this money and these cars and stuff, I’mma be so happy.’ But that’s not true, and I feel like that’s why it’s very important to educate people on different things while you are actually on social media.”
74. “My all-time favorite movie ever is definitely the ‘Twilight’ series.”
75. “The world is going to keep bashing me for whatever I do, and I’m going to keep not caring.”
Jaden Smith Quotes That Will Make You Think
76. “A question I would like to present to the world is—where is the love? And what are we doing? Who’s making the decisions that are putting us in the predicaments that we are in with all of these people losing their lives around the world in so many different ways?”
77. “I’m glad that our distance makes us witness ourselves from a different entrance.”
78. “If a bookstore never runs out of a certain book, does that mean that nobody reads it, or everybody reads it?”
79. “Everything you say is something that you can’t reverse. Something that you can’t rehearse.”
80. “Being aware in the moment—of right now—is just the most important thing. All of our issues come from us not being aware enough or not seeing through our problems to the depths of the issues.”
81. “I don’t think I’m as revolutionary as Galileo, but I don’t think I’m not as revolutionary as Galileo.”
82. “Every seven years, your body is completely replaced with entirely new cells, so just because you look the same doesn’t mean you are.”
83. “It’s prana energy because they still breathe through their stomach. They remember, babies remember.”
84. “Once you go in, you always come out alive.”
85. “I want kids that look up to me to know that I’m a vegetarian, and I want to help them find alternatives to meat. I’m not gonna tell everyone that they should be vegetarian, even though they should be. I’m more gonna say, ‘You don’t have to be fully vegetarian. Just don’t eat meat every other day.'”
More Jaden Smith Quotes on His Career and Fans
86. “I just love the fact that whenever I tweet in Portuguese it gets so much more views than anything else.”
87. “I’ve tweeted about a lot of things that have to do with myself musically or creatively or saying, ‘Oh here’s my plans or here’s what I’m gonna do.’ I’ve hinted at starting a vision clothing line. I’ve hinted at going on major tours.”
88. “You know what I’m saying? I feel like that’s all been coming true in 2018, so that’s exactly what I was talking about. Music, the Vision, coming to fruition, and that’s what’s happening.”
89. “My favorite stuff is when I just tweet in Portuguese. That’s my vibe. My Portuguese fans just like me. It feels like they like me more than my American fans, honestly.”
90. “One thing that’s coming true is me going on tour with J. Cole. I’ve never said specifically that I wanted to be on tour with J. Cole, but I’ve always said that I do love J. Cole, and I want to be on tour, and I wanted to be in different arenas and play Staples Center. I’m sure even if I didn’t tweet it, I have an internal circle of homies where I talk about things like this. I’ve talked about performing at Staples Center, performing my new album on tour.”
Which Jaden Smith Quote Made You Admire His Lifestyle?
Despite being young, Jaden Smith has forward advocacies that most celebrities never talked about. His desire to heal the world and encourage people to bring out their authentic selves is what made him loved.
The culture of social media is a fast-paced, ever-changing platform that affects many people’s well-being. We are so distracted by conforming to society’s standards that we forget to love and take care of ourselves.
Jaden Smith expands the mindset that helps us to be kinder and more open about the world. He is one of the few people who try to be real and use their influence to better society.
Are you a fan of Jaden Smith? Which quote from the collection is your personal favorite? Let us know in the comments section below.