We’ve compiled a list of mental health quotes to provide you with some helpful information to fill your minds with clarity and peace.
Maintaining good mental health is as important as keeping yourself physically healthy and strong. It has a significant impact on how we move through life, see ourselves, and interact with others.
These are only a few reasons why it’s essential to discuss our mental health with professionals to nurture a healthy mindset. It might be hard to have peace of mind during these trying times, but cultivating a healthy mind is crucial to thriving in life.
Check out our list below to understand how important mental health is to every one of us!
Best Mental Health Quotes
1. “Mental health problems don’t define who you are. They are something you experience. You walk in the rain and you feel the rain, but you are not the rain.” – Matt Haig
2. “Mental health affects every aspect of your life. It’s not just this neat little issue you can put into a box.” – Shannon Purser
3. “Mental health needs a great deal of attention. It’s the final taboo and it needs to be faced and dealt with.” – Adam Ant
4. “Being able to be your true self is one of the strongest components of good mental health.” – Dr. Lauren Fogel Mersy
5. “It’s up to you today to start making healthy choices. Not choices that are just healthy for your body, but healthy for your mind.” – Steve Maraboli
6. “What mental health needs is more sunlight, more candor, and more unashamed conversation.” – Glenn Close
7. “Mental health is not a destination, but a process. It’s about how you drive, not where you’re going.” – Noam Shpancer
8. “You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.” – Dan Millman
9. “Anything that’s human is mentionable, and anything that is mentionable can be more manageable. When we can talk about our feelings, they become less overwhelming, less upsetting, and less scary.” – Fred Rogers
10. “The acknowledgment of having suffered evil is the greatest step forward in mental health.” – Stefan Molyneux
Famous Mental Health Quotes
11. “Mental health is something that we all need to talk about, and we need to take the stigma away from it. So let’s raise awareness. Let’s let everybody know it’s okay to have a mental illness and addiction problem.” – Demi Lovato
12. “Mental health is just as important as physical health and deserves the same quality of support.” – Kate Middleton
13. “It is okay to have depression, it is okay to have anxiety and it is okay to have an adjustment disorder. We need to improve the conversation. We all have mental health in the same way we all have physical health.” – Prince Harry
14. “Increasing the strength of our minds is the only way to reduce the difficulty of life.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
15. “Mental health is an important topic and should be discussed more frequently. It’s not ‘attention-seeking.’” – Brien Blatt
16. “Being vulnerable is actually a strength and not a weakness—that’s why more and more mental health is such an important thing to talk about. It’s the same as being physically sick. And when you keep all those things inside, when you bottle them up, it makes you ill.” – Cara Delevingne
17. “To shine a light on mental illness, to be vulnerable about the days I let it take control and paid dearly for it, and to tell anyone fighting a similar battle: you are not alone. You are not broken.” – AJ Lee
18. “The advice I’d give to somebody that’s silently struggling is, you don’t have to live that way. You don’t have to struggle in silence. You can be un-silent. You can live well with a mental health condition, as long as you open up to somebody about it, because it’s really important you share your experience with people so that you can get the help that you need.” – Demi Lovato
19. “Balancing time you spend with or without people is crucial for mental health.” – Amy E. Spiegel
20. “There isn’t anybody out there who doesn’t have a mental health issue, whether it’s depression, anxiety, or how to cope with relationships. Having OCD is not an embarrassment anymore—for me. Just know that there is help and your life could be better if you go out and seek the help.” – Howie Mandel
Mental Health Quotes to Inspire Others Who Are Distressed
21. “Self-esteem is as important to our well-being as legs are to a table. It is essential for physical and mental health and for happiness.” – Louise Hart
22. “Protect your time, energy, and mental health by being selective about when and how you engage.” – Thema Bryant-Davis
23. “Start prioritizing your mental health instead of adjusting to toxic spaces.” – Thema Bryant-Davis
24. “Loving thoughts and actions are clearly beneficial for our physical and mental health.” – Dalai Lama
25. “Lying in bed thinking about what makes you anxious is terrible for your mental health. Get up. Start your day. Get out of the house. It won’t make your problems disappear but it makes you feel better immediately. And that helps you solve them.” – Mel Robbins
26. “Say no without shame. Don’t feel guilty for preserving your own mental health.” – Matt Haig
27. “Knowing how little you matter is very important for your mental health and your happiness.” – Naval Ravikant
28. “We take care of our dental health. We don’t take care of our mental health. I think the solution to making this world better is if we would just be healthy mentally.” – Howie Mandel
29. “The highest level of mental health cannot be achieved without a high level of physical health. Train both.” – Gal Shapira
30. “Asking for help is the first step. You are more precious to this world than you’ll ever know.” – Lili Reinhart
31. “You will emerge from this nightmare like the powerful, beautiful, resilient person that you are. It can be hard to remember this when you feel like a shell of the person you once were. But trust me: you are capable of overcoming so much more than you think.” – Elite Daily
32. “Your mental health is a priority. Your happiness is essential. Your self-care is a necessity.” – Anonymous
Quotes for People Suffering From Mental Health Issues
33. “Mental health sufferers are not crazy. They have special insight. You better recognize that setting aside your interest people to stay asleep and show empathy towards God’s imperfect creations, otherwise the world has no meaning to exist.” – Maria Karvouni
34. “It’s okay to feel unstable. It’s okay to disassociate. It’s okay to hide from the world. It’s okay to need help. It’s okay not to be okay. Your mental illness is not a personal failure.” – Anonymous
35. “There’s no shame in dealing with these things. There’s no shame in having to fight every day.” – Jared Padalecki
36. “I do not sleep because I am not only afraid of the monsters at my door, but also of the monsters my own mind can conjure. The ones that live within.” – Samantha Shannon
Funny Mental Health Quotes to Lift Up Your Mood
37. “My imaginary friend thinks you have serious mental health issues.” – Anonymous
38. “I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous—everyone hasn’t met me yet.” – Rodney Dangerfield
39. “Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined.” – Samuel Goldwyn
40. “I quit therapy because my analyst was trying to help me behind my back.” – Richard Lewis
41. “Insanity doesn’t run in my family. It strolls through, taking time to get to know each of us personally.” – Anonymous
More Mental Health Quotes
42. “The experience I have had is that once you start talking about experiencing a mental health struggle, you realize that actually, you’re part of quite a big club.” – Prince Harry
43. “There’s a mental health problem in the sense that people are so afraid of the stigma that they don’t get help. But there’s absolutely a gun control problem in the country.” – Rosalynn Carter
44. “There is no health without mental health; mental health is too important to be left to the professionals alone, and mental health is everyone’s business.” – Vikram Patel
45. “There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.” – John Green
46. “Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own unguarded thoughts.” – Buddha
47. “The biggest benefit of exercise isn’t your physical health, it’s your mental health.” – Matthew Kobach
48. “It is not the bruises on the body that hurt. It is the wounds of the heart and the scars on the mind.” – Aisha Mirza
49. “I have never seen battles quite as terrifyingly beautiful as the ones I fight when my mind splinters and races, to swallow me into my own madness, again.” – Nicole Lyons
50. “Diseases of the mind can be more torturous than the diseases of the body.” – Abhijit Naskar
Did Our Collection Teach You the Importance of Mental Health?
In life, mental health is essential. You must have a healthy mindset to reach your full capabilities, achieve success, and live a more fulfilling life.
But, as there are ups in life, there are also lows. These occurrences and struggles are uncontrollable, but it is up to us to decide how to deal with them.
We are bombarded with countless information every day; while some are good, we can’t avoid the negative. Because of this, we should be mindful of how we intake knowledge and opinions. Otherwise, we will feed our minds with anxiety, depression, and sadness.
Remember that our physical, emotional, and spiritual states will be stable if our mental state is stable. We hope these mental health quotes were able to remind you that you are not alone in this life. Feel free to reread the list whenever you need a helping hand!
Which quotes are your favorites? Drop them down below.