Whether you’re feeling stuck or just need a little motivation to keep going, these progress quotes are for you!
The timeline for the progression of our success may differ. You shouldn’t compare your progress to others’ development because it all boils down to our commitment and determination to persevere.
Sometimes, the greatest impediment to our progress is none other than ourselves.
There may come a time in your life when you feel stuck with no clear path ahead of you. You may be stuck in a job or with people who make you feel lost and unworthy.
So, to help you out, we’ve gathered these quotes to encourage you to keep moving forward to break through your plateau to success.
Check the complete list here.
Best Progress Quotes
1. “Small progress is still progress.” – Anonymous
2. “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” – Frederick Douglass
3. “A little progress every day adds up to big results.” – Satya
4. “There are only two options: make progress or make excuses.” – Tony Robbins
5. “Progress always involves risk; you can’t steal second base and keep your foot on first.” – Frederick James Wilcox
6. “Progress is not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be.” – Khalil Gibran
7. “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
8. “If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.” – Barack Obama
9. “Progress is man’s ability to complicate simplicity.” – Thor Heyerdahl
10. “Actively recognizing progress towards your goal will ultimately end up inspiring you and have you pushing even harder.” – Denzel J. Wellington
11. “Don’t compare your progress to that of others. We need our own time to travel our own distance.” – Anonymous
12. “Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” – Frank Zappa
13. “Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” – Benjamin Franklin
14. “Remember that progress would be impossible if we always did things the way we always have.” – Wayne Dyer
15. “Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.” – Plato
Famous Progress Quotes
16. “Step by step, progress is made.” – Commodus
17. “Unless we progress, we regress.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
18. “Today’s progress was yesterday’s plan.” – Anonymous
19. “Strive for progress, not perfection.” – Anonymous
20. “Always be a work in progress.” – Emily Lillian
21. “Progress is not inevitable. It’s up to us to create it.” – Michael Bloomberg
22. “Progress is man’s indifference to the lessons of history.” – Len Deighton
23. “Make measurable progress in a reasonable time.” – Jim Rohn
24. “Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.” – Gandhi
25. “The purpose of fear is to raise your awareness not to stop your progress.” – Steve Maraboli
26. “Progress is not an illusion; it happens, but it is slow and invariably disappointing.” – Orwell
27. “We must always set the bar high, otherwise, we do not progress.” – Kylian Mbappe
28. “Progress requires setbacks; the only sure way to avoid failure is not to try.” – Henry Spencer
29. “Progress comes at a price. You have to be willing to make tough calls and take the hits.” – Aja Brown
30. “Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress.” – Alfred A. Montapert
Progress Quotes That Will Inspire You
31. “Focus on your progress, not your goals.” – Anna Barnes
32. “Slow, steady progress is better than daily excuses.” – Robin Sharma
33. “You are a work in progress; which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once.” – Anonymous
34. “When you set out to accomplish something, recognize that slow, steady progress over time can lead to big success.” – Erica Hudson
35. “Allow yourself to be proud of yourself and all the progress you’ve made. Especially the progress that no one else can see.” – Anonymous
36. “The condition of all progress is experience. We go wrong a thousand times before we find the right path.” – Felix Adler
37. “It is often easier to make progress on mega ambitious dreams. Since no one else is crazy enough to do it, you have little competition.” – Larry Page
38. “The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
39. “Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.” – Winston Churchill
Motivational Progress Quotes
40. “Work hard for you and your own goals. Progress will come.” – Anonymous
41. “Restlessness and discontent are the necessities of progress.” – Thomas Edison
42. “A person with a clear purpose will make progress on even the roughest road. A person with no purpose will make no progress on even the smoothest road.” – Thomas Carlyle
43. “Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable. Every step toward the goals requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.” – Martin Luther King
44. “Don’t let pride ever cause you to stumble. Baby steps are still progress and keep us humble. It’s better to move slowly than to turn or hide. Keep your eyes focused, let God be your guide.” – J. Allen Shaw
45. “It doesn’t matter which side of the fence you get off on sometimes. What matters most is getting off! You cannot make progress without making decisions.” – Jim Rohn
46. “Have you ever needed to do a thorough cleaning of your home, only to find out that you just can’t get inspired until you start a bit of it? That’s because progress is going to help you improve your motivation, and in truth, progress is the greatest motivator.” – Monica Bell
Quotes About Making Progress
47. “To make progress, to reach towards our dreams, we need supporters, role models who are encouraging.” – Rebecca Jane
48. “Every time we made progress we did it by challenging the conventional wisdom.” – Ed Miliband
49. “Progress isn’t made by early risers. It’s made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” – Robert Heinlein
50. “All progress is initiated by challenging current conceptions and executed by supplanting existing institutions. Consequently, the first condition of progress is the removal of censorship.” – George Bernard Shaw
51. “If you’re climbing the ladder of life, you go rung by rung, one step at a time. Don’t look too far up, set your goals high but take one step at a time. Sometimes you don’t think you’re progressing until you step back and see how high you’ve really gone.” – Donny Osmond
52. “We all want progress. But progress means getting nearer to the place where you want to be. And if you have taken a wrong turning, then to go forward does not get you any nearer. If you are on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive man.” – C.S. Lewis
Quotes About Change and Progress
53. “Change is the parent of progress.” – Steve Maraboli
54. “Changes call for innovation, and innovation leads to progress.” – Li Keqiang
55. “The world hates change, yet it is the only thing that has brought progress.” – Charles Kettering
56. “Part of life is understanding that real change and progress comes with dedicated perseverance but also realizing that challenges, obstacles, and roadblocks will appear from time to time.” – Robert Rivers
57. “Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator. And change has its enemies.” – Robert Kennedy
58. “Changes and progress very rarely are gifts from above. They come out of struggles from below.” – Noam Chomsky
59. “He who rejects change is the architect of decay. The only human institution which rejects progress is the cemetery.” – Harold Wilson
60. “You need to place the right people in your life, and you need to make sure that the way in which you live your life and the environment in which you do is in and of itself is one that is conducive to your progress, and if it’s not, you need to do everything within your power to change it.” – Rachel Rebecca Wisdom
What Usually Impedes Your Progress in Life?
Making progress in life can be difficult, especially if you lack the motivation to keep going. You can begin working on your goal, but what will set you apart from others is your purpose. Having a clear purpose will then motivate you to progress and never remain stagnant.
Everyone wishes to advance in life and be successful in their endeavors. Many people admire successful people but fail to recognize the sacrifices and hard work they’ve put in to get there.
Keep in mind that life will never be easy, but you must persevere and never give up. Allow these progress quotes to inspire you to make positive changes in your life. We hope you found these quotes helpful in guiding you along your path to success.
Which of these progress quotes is your favorite? Please, join the discussion below!