These rainbow baby quotes will show you how a miracle will lighten up your world after your darkest times.
A rainbow baby is a healthy baby born after suffering a miscarriage or neonatal death. They are the babies that shed light and hope after a dark experience.
But even if a new life was gifted, it can still be hard to move on from the past and process what happened.
These rainbow baby quotes will accompany you toward healing to face a brighter future that will come.
Start reading here.
Best Rainbow Baby Quotes
1. “Through the darkness comes the light, and you, my rainbow baby, shine oh so bright.” – Anonymous
2. “Those we have held in our arms for a little while, we hold in our hearts forever.” – Anonymous
3. “When we lose one blessing, another is most often unexpectedly given in its place.” – Clive Staples Lewis
4. “A rainbow baby is a miracle that lights your world with hope after a storm.” – Anonymous
5. “A rainbow baby is welcomed with love and hope.” – Anonymous
6. “It is called a rainbow baby because it is like a rainbow after a storm—something beautiful after something scary and dark.” – Jennifer Kulp-Makarov
7. “She is the gold at the end of our rainbow.” – Anonymous
8. “Rainbow babies are treasures of heaven and earth.” – Anonymous
9. “We made a wish, and my sweet rainbow baby, you came true.” – Anonymous
10. “An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby’s birth. Then whispered as she closed the book, ‘Too beautiful for earth.'” – Anonymous
11. “How very softly you tiptoed into our world, almost silently, only a moment you stayed. But what an imprint your footsteps have left upon our hearts.” – Dorothy Ferguson
12. “Rainbow babies fill our hearts with renewed hope and boundless love.” – Anonymous
13. “A rainbow baby is a special kind of miracle that only exists because of your loss, not instead of it.” – Anonymous
14. “Dreams really do come true, my sweet rainbow baby, I’ve been waiting for you.” – Anonymous
15. “When I look at my rainbow baby, I know a little bit of heaven is looking back at me.” – Anonymous
Short Quotes About Rainbow Babies
16. “Having a rainbow baby brings hope and love to everyone.” – Anonymous
17. “Handpicked by our angel above for us to cherish and love.” – Anonymous
18. “You’re our rainbow after the storm.” – Anonymous
19. “Nobody had ever had a rainbow baby until they had the rain.” – Jim Croce
20. “Thank you for answering the prayers for this child.” – Anonymous
Cute Rainbow Baby Quotes to Fill Your Heart With Love
21. “A rainbow baby reminds us to hold hope and love in our hearts.” – Anonymous
22. “I believe that God sent you into my life to give me something to fight for, to show me there is love in this world, to give me hope and bring me joy. All the proof in God I need is in you. You are a gift from the heavens.” – Anonymous
23. “A rainbow baby marks the beginnings of all things—wonder, hope, and a beautiful dream of possibilities.” – Anonymous
24. “It’s true that somewhere over the rainbow, dreams actually do come true because we have you.” – Anonymous
25. “Even though I am carrying another child, my first child will always be in my heart.” – Anonymous
Quotes About Rainbow Babies to Give You Hope
26. “I never knew the gold at the end of a rainbow could be my baby.” – Anonymous
27. “The birth and newborn stages of a rainbow baby are different for parents who have suffered a loss. They can expect a rush of strong and complicated emotions.” – Jennifer Kulp-Makarov
28. “A rainbow baby doesn’t negate your loss. It doesn’t mean it didn’t happen or that it doesn’t still hurt. They are their own special miracle sent from heaven above to bring love, joy, and healing into your life.” – Anonymous
29. “For this child, I have prayed.” – 1 Samuel 1:27
30. “It’s okay to feel overwhelmed with emotions by the birth of your rainbow baby. You can feel saddened by your loss and overjoyed by your little miracle. You are allowed to feel both.” – Anonymous
Rainbow Baby Quotes to Comfort Anyone Experiencing a Loss of a Baby
31. “You never arrived in my arms, but you will never leave my heart.” – Zoe Clark-Coates
32. “You were carried for only a moment but are loved for a lifetime.” – Anonymous
33. “There’s a unique pain that comes from preparing a place in your heart for a child who never comes.” – David Platt
34. “All told, probably more women have lost a child from this world than haven’t. Most don’t mention it, and they go on from day to day as if it hadn’t happened, so people imagine a woman in this situation never really knew or loved what she had. But ask her sometime, ‘How old would your child be now? And she’ll know.'” – Barbara Kingsolver
35. “After a storm, there is a rainbow of hope.” – Anonymous
Rainbow Baby Quotes That Will Cast Positive Vibes
36. “You’re our rainbow baby sent from heaven above for us to cherish and love.” – Anonymous
37. “I will not cause pain without allowing something new to be born.” – Isaiah 66:9
38. “I have never received such a blessing in life as you, my baby girl, have.” – Anonymous
39. “Where one thing falls, another grows. Maybe not what was there before, but something new and wonderful all the same.” – Anonymous
40. “But I do understand that your soul was destined to come into contact with mine. What I do know is that you blend in so well with our family that it’s as if you’ve always been there.” – Anonymous
Quotes for When You’re Expecting a Rainbow Baby
41. “You can’t compare the pain you have been experiencing with the joy that is yet to come.” – Romans 8:18
42. “As you danced in the light with joy, love lifted you. As you brushed against this world so gently, you lifted us.” – T.C. Ring
43. “The dark clouds are lifting, a rainbow has appeared, and the sunshine is on its way.” – Anonymous
44. “Whenever I see a rainbow, I am saddened by my loss and ever so grateful for my blessings to come.” – Anonymous
45. “No more teardrops now that I’ve found a love so true. I got a pocketful of rainbows, got an armful of you.” – Elvis Presley
Quotes About Rainbow Babies to Help You Overcome Grief
46. “May you always know you were wished for, prayed for, and will be forever loved.” – Anonymous
47. “Sweet little flower of heavenly birth, you were too fair to bloom on earth.” – Anonymous
48. “Even those that never fully blossom bring beauty into the world.” – Anonymous
49. “Perhaps they are not stars in the sky, rather openings where our loved ones shine down to let us know they are happy.” – Eskimo Proverb
50. “Some say you are too painful to remember. I say you are too precious to forget.” – Anonymous
More Rainbow Baby Quotes
51. “A rainbow baby is the understanding that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravage of the storm.” – Anonymous
52. “We loved you before we knew you. Even when there was just a hope for you, we loved you.” – Anonymous
53. “You are the rainbow that adds colors to my gray skies.” – Avijeet Das
54. “When a rainbow appears, it doesn’t mean the storm never happened or that the family is not still dealing with its aftermath. What it means is that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds.” – Anonymous
55. “Handpicked for the earth by my sibling in heaven.” – Anonymous
56. “Walk on a rainbow trail; walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail.” – Robert Motherwell
57. “Out of difficulties, we grow miracles.” – Jean de la Bruyère
58. “Every day, you will be able to breathe a little bit deeper. Every day, you’ll love your babies—all of them—just a little bit more, until one day, that love overtakes the pain. Congratulations on your beautiful rainbow.” – Heather Spohr
59. “Just when you think you will never see the light again, a rainbow so beautiful and precious comes along to remind you just how bright your world can be.” – Anonymous
60. “Just as the name would suggest, the message was clear: rainbow babies are magic. I wanted that. I wanted to feel that type of deep, full-to-the-brim joy once again.” – Chaunie Brusie
Did These Rainbow Baby Quotes Help You Appreciate the Beauty of Life?
A rainbow baby is a silver lining, and it is a chance to connect again and move forward for a better life. Yet, it doesn’t mean that we forget our baby angel. Instead, it is a form of acceptance of life and loss.
Moreover, our past experiences test our strength and help us to do better for our rainbow baby. By ensuring proper health and care, families can better give the baby a happy life.
We hope that our collection was able to help you heal from the past and focus on the present. Rainbow babies are a gift and delicate beings that need extra care, attention, and love.
Which rainbow baby quote is your favorite and why? Let us know what you think in the comment section below.