If you feel like you’re going nowhere, then this list of the best Steve Jobs quotes will help you carve your path to success!
Steve Jobs was an American businessman and innovator who left an indelible mark in the world. His works’ influence reached all corners of the globe, and there’s no doubt that his life’s legacy is something we can all look up to for advice.
Though the road to success is bumpy and filled with numerous curves and U-turns, Steve Jobs was never deterred. He remained faithful to what he believed were the secrets to success—curiosity, perseverance, and passion.
To get more advice from this remarkable individual, make sure you go through our complete list below.
Start reading here.
Best Steve Jobs Quotes
1. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.”
2. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
3. “It’s only by saying no that you can concentrate on the things that are really important.”
4. “People who know what they’re talking about don’t need PowerPoint.”
5. “One way to remember who you are is to remember who your heroes are.”
6. “Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice.”
7. “I think the things you regret most in life are the things you didn’t do.”
8. “You have to trust in something—your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever.”
9. “Let’s go invent tomorrow rather than worrying about what happened yesterday.”
Famous Steve Jobs Quotes
10. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.”
11. “You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backward. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future.”
12. “We’re here to put a dent in the universe. Otherwise, why else even be here?”
13. “Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose.”
14. “No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there.”
Steve Job Quotes That Will Inspire You
15. “Sometimes, life is going to hit you in the head with a brick. Don’t lose faith.”
16. “Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn’t matter to me. Going to bed at night saying we’ve done something wonderful—that’s what matters to me.”
17. “Great things in business are never done by one person. They’re done by a team of people.”
18. “My favorite things in life don’t cost any money. It’s really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time.”
19. “We don’t get a chance to do that many things, and every one should be really excellent. Because this is our life. Life is brief, and then you die, you know? And we’ve all chosen to do this with our lives. So, it better be damn good. It better be worth it.”
Short Steve Job Quotes for People Who Need Motivation
20. “Creativity is just connecting things.”
21. “Stay hungry. Stay foolish.”
22. “Things don’t have to change the world to be important.”
23. “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”
24. “I want to put a ding in the universe.”
25. “If you don’t love it, you’re going to fail.”
26. “Think different.”
27. “If you want it, you can fly, you just have to trust you a lot.”
28. “There is no reason not to follow your heart.”
29. “Without death, there would be very little progress.”
Eye-Opening Steve Jobs Quotes on Innovation and Technology
30. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.”
31. “I’m as proud of many of the things we haven’t done as the things we have done. Innovation is saying no to a thousand things.”
32. “The doers are the major thinkers. The people that really create the things that change this industry are both the thinker and doer in one person.”
33. “Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations.”
34. “Simple can be harder than complex—you have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.”
35. “You can build your own things that other people can use. And once you learn that, you’ll never be the same again.”
36. “I think if you do something and it turns out pretty good, then you should go do something else wonderful, not dwell on it for too long. Just figure out what’s next.”
37. “You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new.”
38. “We do no market research. We don’t hire consultants. We just want to make great products.”
39. “The really great person will keep on going and find the key, underlying principle of the problem, and come up with a beautiful, elegant solution that works.”
40. “There is a tremendous amount of craftsmanship between a great idea and a great product.”
Wise Steve Jobs Quotes About Leadership and Success
41. “I don’t care about being right. I care about success and doing the right thing.”
42. “I always advise people—don’t wait! Do something when you are young, when you have nothing to lose, and keep that in mind.”
43. “Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
44. “I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the unsuccessful ones is pure perseverance.”
45. “Technology is nothing. What’s important is that you have faith in people, that they’re basically good and smart, and if you give them tools, they’ll do wonderful things with them.”
Steve Jobs Quotes on Work and Passion
46. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work.”
47. “You’ve got to have an idea, or a problem or a wrong that you want to right that you’re passionate about, otherwise you’re not going to have the perseverance to stick it through. I think that’s half the battle right there.”
48. “People think focus means saying yes to the thing you’ve got to focus on. It means saying no to the hundred other good ideas that there are. You have to pick carefully.”
49. “For the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself, ‘If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?’ And whenever the answer has been, ‘No,’ for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.”
50. “Getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life.”
51. “I’ve always been attracted to the more revolutionary changes. I don’t know why. Because they’re harder. They’re much more stressful emotionally. And you usually go through a period where everybody tells you that you’ve completely failed.”
52. “My model for business is The Beatles. They were four guys that kept each others’ negative tendencies in check; they balanced each other. And the total was greater than the sum of the parts.”
53. “Get closer than ever to your customers—so close that you tell them what they need well before they realize it themselves.”
54. “We had everything to gain, and we figured even if we crash and burn, and lose everything, the experience will have been worth 10 times the cost.”
55. “You have to be burning with an idea, or a problem, or a wrong that you want to right. If you’re not passionate enough from the start, you’ll never stick it out.”
Insightful Steve Jobs Quotes
56. “If you are working on something exciting that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.”
57. “You get your wind back, remember the finish line, and keep going.”
58. “If you act like you can do something, then it will work.”
69. “You gotta act. And you’ve gotta be willing to fail, you gotta be ready to crash and burn, with people on the phone, with starting a company, with whatever. If you’re afraid of failing, you won’t get very far.”
60. “Don’t take it all too seriously. If you want to live your life in a creative way, as an artist, you have to not look back too much. You have to be willing to take whatever you’ve done and whoever you were and throw them away.”
61. “I think different religions are different doors to the same house. Sometimes I think the house exists, and sometimes I don’t. It’s a great mystery.”
62. “When you grow up you tend to get told that the world is the way it is and your life is just to live your life inside the world. Try not to bash into the walls too much. Try to have a nice family life, have fun, save a little money. That’s a very limited life.”
63. “Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life.”
64. “In the broadest context, the goal is to seek enlightenment—however you define it.”
More Steve Jobs Quotes
65. “Quality is more important than quantity. One home run is much better than two doubles.”
66. “Every day, you discover something new that is a new problem or a new opportunity to fit these things together a little differently.”
67. “What I’m best at doing is finding a group of talented people and making things with them.”
68. “All we are is our ideas or people. That’s what keeps us going to work in the morning—to hang around these great bright people. I’ve always thought that recruiting is the heart and soul of what we do.”
69. “You should never start a company with the goal of getting rich. Your goal should be making something you believe in and making a company that will last.”
70. “Life can be much broader once you discover one simple fact—and that is everything around you that you call life, was made up by people that were no smarter than you.”
Did These Quotes Fire Up Your Desire to Make Your Own Mark in the World?
We all have our own dreams and our own life situations. It goes without saying that we are all unique, and the path toward our success will vary greatly. But, one thing’s for sure—the pieces of advice from Steve Jobs can help us find the most effective path toward reaching our dreams.
Steve Jobs had humble beginnings, starting Apple with Steve Wozniak in his family’s garage in 1976. However, against all odds, they succeeded, and Apple is now one of the top companies in the world. For him, it all starts with passion, with loving and believing in what you do, and making a constant effort to put your work out there.
We can learn many other lessons from Steve Jobs, but being curious and thinking differently should be ingrained in our minds. Don’t just let yourself conform to what society dictates; instead, do your own thing and set your own standards! Remember that life is too short to abide by what others tell you.
Keep in mind that your heart and mind know what you truly want deep within. If you just listen to what they’re saying, you’ll find the things that will propel you toward living a more fulfilled life.
What did you learn from Steve Jobs? Are there any other quotes you’d like us to add? List them down below!