Get ready for an exciting ride of good vibes through these Talladega Nights quotes.
Talladega Nights is a classic American comedy film about a NASCAR superstar, Ricky Bobby, who’s living his life as the top racer of his time. The story emerges after he was defeated by a French Formula champion that pushed him to fall into despair.
Through the help of his family and friends, he regains the courage to be on track again. Indeed, Talladega Nights is a comedy film that will teach us many things, including finding happiness in the smallest things. So buckle up and enjoy the funny but wise lines from the characters!
Let’s get started.
Best Talladega Nights Quotes
1. “You can’t have two number ones.” – Ricky Bobby
2. “If you ain’t first, you’re last.” – Ricky Bobby
3. “You gotta learn to drive with the fear, and there ain’t nothing more God damn frightening than driving with a live cougar in the car.” – Reese Bobby
4. “You don’t drive with your eyes, you drive with your heart.” – Reese Bobby
5. “Now, there’s nothing like driving to avoid jail. Nothing hones your mind and your instincts like necessity.” – Reese Bobby
6. “It’s the fastest who gets paid and it’s the fastest who gets laid.” – Reese Bobby
7. “You gotta win to get love. Everyone knows that. I mean, that’s just life.” – Ricky Bobby
8. “It’s not always bad to be in last place. Here’s some things we can focus on. One, we tried hard and two, we’re still dear friends.” – Glenn
9. “You’ve gotta cross over the anger bridge and come back to the friendship shore.” – Cal Naughton, Jr.
Motivational Talladega Nights Quotes
10. “It’s because it’s what you love, Ricky. It is who you were born to be.” – Susan
11. “You need to fire it up. You need to grab a hold of that line between speed and chaos, and you need to wrestle it to the ground like a demon cobra!” – Susan
12. “You don’t need to think. You need to drive. You need speed. You need to go out there, and you need to rev your engine.” – Susan
13. “You don’t win for anybody else. You win for you. You know why? Because a man takes what he wants.” – Susan
14. “Ricky Bobby is not a thinker. Ricky Bobby is a driver. He is a doer. And that’s what you need to do.” – Susan
15. “Losing is never fun, but here’s a little something to keep your spirits up. It’s real nice. I got it at Target. It’s on sale.” – Ricky Bobby
16. “You don’t understand. You don’t understand because you don’t understand liberty. You don’t understand freedom.” – Ricky Bobby
17. “No one lives forever, no one. But with advances in modern science and my high-level income, it’s not crazy to think I can live to be 245, maybe 300.” – Ricky Bobby
Memorable Talladega Nights Quotes That Will Make You Remember Your Favorite Scenes
18. “Ricky, remember, the field mouse is fast, but the owl sees at night.” – Chip
19. “Well, let me give you a saying from Colonel Sanders, ‘I am too drunk to taste this chicken.’” – Ricky Bobby
20. “I wanna go fast. I wanna go fast.” – Ricky Bobby
21. “Hi, I’m Ricky Bobby. If you don’t chew Big Red, then f*ck you.” – Ricky Bobby
22. “But before I can do that I must be beaten by a driver who is truly better than me.” – Jean Girard
23. “No ma’am. I haven’t seen my daddy in years. But my mama says he’s out racing cars and, well, dipping his wick in anything that moves.” – Ricky Bobby
24. “See you when you’re grown up.” – Reese Bobby
25. “By defeating me today, you have set me free.” – Jean Girard
26. “Grandfather, can’t we resolve this conflict without anger?” – Texas Ranger
27. “Your injury is one of ignorance and pride.” – Jean Girard
28. “Hang on, Baby Jesus, this is gon’ get bumpy!” – Ricky Bobby
Talladega Nights Quotes on Confidence and Having the Passion for Racing
29. “Here’s the deal. I’m the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.” – Ricky Bobby
30. “Did that blow your mind? Because that just happened!” – Ricky Bobby
31. “I’m just a big, hairy, American winning machine, you know?” – Ricky Bobby
32. “I came here to tell you one thing: come race time tomorrow, I’m coming for you.” – Ricky Bobby
33. “May God be with you, monsieur Bobby. Because although today I am friendly. Tomorrow will be war!” – Jean Girard
Harsh but Hilarious Talladega Nights Quotes
34. “Daddy, you made that grace your bitch.” – Walker Bobby
35. “One of you turds is gonna get smacked in the mouth!” – Texas Ranger
36. “Chew Big Red, or get out of my face m*th*rf*ck*r.” – Ricky Bobby
37. “Why, if it isn’t our mangy, transient grandfather.” – Texas Ranger
38. “Hey, shut up you little pot-licker, I’ll stick you in a microwave!” – Reese Bobby
39. “You better shut the hell up or I’ll come over there and rip a hole in that tent!” – Texas Ranger
40. “Now I am declaring Granny Law and if you do not obey Granny Law, I will paint your back porch red.” – Lucy Bobby
41. “Shut those mutts up before I cook ’em and eat ’em!” – Texas Ranger
42. “I’m gonna scissor-kick you in the back of the head!” – Texas Ranger
43. “How many more times you going to toss me the radio in the bathtub?” – Lucy Bobby
Talladega Nights Quotes That Show the Power of Friendship
44. “We go together like cocaine and waffles.” – Cal Naughton, Jr.
45. “Please don’t let the invisible fire burn my friend!” – Cal Naughton, Jr.
46. “From now on, you’re the Magic Man and I’m El Diablo.” – Ricky Bobby
Talladega Nights Quotes to Remind You to Be Grateful for Everything in Life
47. “Dear Lord Baby Jesus, or as our brothers to the south call you, Jesus, we thank you so much for this bountiful harvest of Domino’s, KFC, and the always delicious Taco Bell.” – Ricky Bobby
48. “Dear Lord baby Jesus, lyin’ there in your ghost manger, just lookin’ at your baby Einstein developmental videos, learnin’ ’bout shapes and colors. I would like to thank you for bringin’ me and my mama together, and also that my kids no longer sound like retarded gang-bangers.” – Ricky Bobby
49. “I just want to take time to say thank you for my family, my two beautiful, beautiful, handsome, striking sons, Walker and Texas Ranger, or T.R. as we call him, and of course, my red hot smoking wife, Carly who is a stone-cold fox.” – Ricky Bobby
Short but Notable Talladega Nights Quotes
50. “I’m going fast.” – Ricky Bobby
51. “Time to let the cougar loose.” – Ricky Bobby
52. “It’s painful, and I love you!” – Cal Naughton, Jr.
53. “Golly, this is a hard decision, but I have thought about it, and I want the plug pulled.” – Carly Bobby
54. “I felt like I was on a spaceship.” – Ricky Bobby
55. “You nailed that like a split hog.” – Cal Naughton, Jr.
56. “Ah, Ricky Bobby! Now we shall dance. And yes, it will be a slow jam.” – Jean Girard
57. “Got more plugs in him than a Circuit City.” – Carley Bobby
58. “Why do you want me to break your arm so badly?” – Jean Girard
59. “My head’s all tied up like a pretzel. I got a pretzel in my head.” – Cal Naughton, Jr.
Iconic Talladega Nights Quotes and Lines
60. “Shake and bake!” – Cal Naughton, Jr.
61. “I’m all jacked up on mountain dew!” – Texas Ranger
62. “What is that, a catchphrase or is that epilepsy?” – Jean Girard
63. “Yep, I’m flying through the air. This is not good.” – Ricky Bobby
64. “You sound like a dog with peanut butter on the roof of your mouth.” – Ricky Bobby
65. “Dear eight-pound, six-ounce newborn infant Jesus, don’t even know a word yet.” – Ricky Bobby
66. “Guys! No tires! We’re not a pit crew anymore, we’re a car wash team.” – Lucius Washington
67. “Help me, Jesus! Help me Jewish God! Help me, Allah! Ah! Help me Tom Cruise! Tom Cruise, use your witchcraft on me to get the fire off me!” – Ricky Bobby
68. “I feel like I was riding inside an asteroid or a comet or something.” – Ricky Bobby
69. “Don’t you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby!” – Lucius Washington
70. “This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.” – Ricky Bobby
71. “God needs the devil. The Beatles needed the Rolling Stones. Even Diane Sawyer needed Katie Couric. Will You be my Katie Couric?” – Jean Girard
72. “When you say psychosomatic, you mean like he could start a fire with his thoughts?” – Cal Naughton, Jr.
73. “Everyone, turn away. Things are gonna get crazy. We’re gonna make animal noises.” – Ricky Bobby
Talladega Nights Quotes to Give You a Good Laugh
74. “Are we about to get it on? Because I’m as hard as a diamond in an ice storm right now.” – Ricky Bobby
75. “I don’t know what to do with my hands.” – Ricky Bobby
76. “I like to picture my Jesus in a tuxedo t-shirt. ‘Cause, it says like, I wanna be formal but I’m here to party too. I like to party, so I like my Jesus to party.” – Cal Naughton, Jr.
77. “I like to think of Jesus as an ice dancer, dressed in an all-white jumpsuit, and doing an interpretive dance of my life.” – Cal Naughton, Jr.
78. “Absolutely ma’am. I’d love to sign your baby. You’re not gonna want to wash that forehead.” – Ricky Bobby
79. “When you work on your mysterious lady parts and stuff, you need the right tools too. That’s why you should use Maypax. The official tampon of NASCAR.” – Ricky Bobby
80. “Old man, I’m gonna come at you like a spider monkey!” – Texas Ranger
81. “I threw a bunch of Grandpa Chip’s war medals off the bridge.” – Walker Bobby
82. “I hope that both of you have sons. Handsome, beautiful, articulate sons, who are talented and star athletes and they have their legs taken away. I mean I pray you know that pain and that hurt.” – Ricky Bobby
83. “Look, I like the Christmas Jesus best, and I’m sayin’ grace. When you say grace, you can say it to grownup Jesus or teenage Jesus or bearded Jesus or whoever you want.” – Ricky Bobby
84. “No, I don’t know what that means, I guess longer lives.” – Lucius Washington
85. Reese Bobby: “You got big. How long’s it been? Three, four months?”
Ricky Bobby: “Ten years.”
Reese Bobby: “Ten years? Man, I’ve gotta lay off the peyote.”
86. “That idea ain’t worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin getting it on.” – Ricky Bobby
87. “Sometimes you get a knock on the head, you get special powers. It happens all the time. Read a comic book, okay?” – Cal Naughton, Jr.
88. Glenn: “So, I was talking to Nana on Saturday. Her birthday’s coming up, and I don’t know what to get her. She’s gonna be 88.”
Kyle: “Get her a coffin.”
Talladega Nights Quotes to Make Your Day
89. “I wet my bed until I was 19. There’s no shame in that.” – Cal Naughton, Jr.
90. “I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagle’s wings, and singin’ lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I’m in the front row and I’m hammered drunk!” – Cal Naughton, Jr
91. “Hey, I don’t know why I am talking to you. Do you remember that I hate you?” – Ricky Bobby
92. Dale Earnhardt Jr.: “You still owe me, like, 30 bucks.”
Ricky Bobby: “Oh no, man. you said that was a gift.”
93. “My husband Gregory and I want what any couple wants. To retire to Stockholm and develop a currency for dogs and cats to use.” – Jean Girard
94. “I’m gonna wreck you today. I’m just kidding.” – Casey Mears
95. Ricky Bobby: “I—I’ve just telling you that ’cause, like I said, I lost my license. I’ve just been having a lot of problems lately.”
Passenger on Bus: “Problems? I don’t want to hear about your damn problems! Everybody’s got problems! My momma got problems she just lost her leg! My cousin Pookie just lost a t*st*cl*! My dog just threw up on somebody’s finger! That’s a problem!”
Ricky Bobby: “I really regret opening my mouth and talking to you.”
96. Lucy Bobby: “So how was your day driving with your father?”
Ricky Bobby: “Well let’s see. I got mauled by a cougar, my Crystal Gayle shirt is ruined, and I didn’t learn dick about driving. Other than that, it was great.”
More Talladega Nights Quotes About Realizations That’ll Hit You Hard
97. “You just lost your wife, you just lost your job. Don’t throw out your best friend because of your anger.” – Cal Naughton, Jr.
98. “Like the frightened baby chipmunk, you are scared by anything that is different.” – Jean Girard
99. “Someone didn’t love you enough when you were little, did they?” – Texas Ranger.
100. “Now, Ricky, the doctor told us that we should let you work it out on your own sweet time, but Ricky, you can walk.” – Lucius Washington
What’s the Thing That Gives You Most Happiness?
Life indeed is full of surprises. Sometimes, you feel like you’re living the dream, and the next day, you’re falling into despair.
Ricky Bobby’s story teaches us that when you fall into despair, your family and friends, who are your support system, will always be there for you. They’ll be the ones to lift you back up and encourage you to pursue your dreams.
We should keep in mind that life doesn’t stop just because you failed. There will always be something in your life to help you rise back again and give you ultimate joy. There will always be challenges in life, so always make sure to look at the bright side!
Did this collection put a smile on your gloomy day? Which Talladega Nights quote is your favorite? Tell us in the comments section below.