This is the ultimate collection of the best wedding quotes you’ll need, whether you’re a bride-to-be, a groom-to-be, or you just want to be inspired by all the love one can feel and experience during a wedding.
From the funniest, to the wisest, to the most nostalgic, and to the most heart warming, our list covers it all.
So buckle up and get ready for an emotional roller coaster ride.
Start reading the full list below.
Best Wedding Quotes of All Time
Romantic quotes about love, companionship, and happy-ever-afters are a must when it comes to weddings!
Whether you need some lines for your vows, for the maid of honor’s speech, or even for wedding decor or giveaways, quotes that remind the couple of their love for each other is always the best way to go.
Take your pick from some of the best wedding quotes of all time in the list below!
1. “A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.” – Ruth Graham
2. “The first duty of love is to listen.” – Paul Tillich
3. “Let us now set forth one of the fundamental truths about marriage—the wife is in charge.” – Bill Cosby
4. “Marriage is not a ritual or an end. It is a long, intricate, intimate dance together, and nothing matters more than your own sense of balance and your choice of partner.” – Amy Bloom
5. “Don’t marry the person you think you can live with; marry only the individual you think you can’t live without.” – James Dobson
6. “Fight less, cuddle more. Demand less, serve more. Text less, talk more. Criticize less, compliment more. Stress less, laugh more. Worry less, pray more. With each new day, find new ways to love each other even more.” – Dave Willis
7. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” – Dr. Seuss
8. “Let there be spaces in your togetherness.” – Khalil Gibran
9. “The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother.” – Theodore Hesburgh
10. “It is not your love that sustains the marriage, but from now on, the marriage that sustains your love.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
11. “What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility.” – Leo Tolstoy
12. “Love like there’s no tomorrow, and if tomorrow comes, love again.” – Max Lucado
13. “Marriage is our last, best chance to grow up.” – Joseph Barth
14. “When you make the sacrifice in marriage, you’re sacrificing not to each other but to unity in a relationship.” – Joseph Campbell
15. “Nobody has ever measured—not even poets—how much the heart can hold.” – Zelda Fitzgerald
16. “Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
17. “Come grow old with me. The best is yet to be.” – William Wordsworth
18. “The more things we can laugh about, the more alive we become. The more things we can laugh about together, the more connected we become.” – Frank Pittman
19. “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Most Beautiful Wedding Quotes
Weddings are just beautiful. The atmosphere. The people. The food.
And just all that love in the air.
Be sure you don’t miss out on some beautiful wedding quotes that’ll get you ready for your wedding, your best friend’s wedding, or if you just want to get into that lovey-dovey, dreamy mood you only get when you talk about weddings and love.
20. “I love your feet because they have wandered over the earth and through the wind and water until they brought you to me.” – Pablo Neruda
21. “It is a treasure that is outshined by what it means—eternal romance.” – Theresa Ann Moore
22. “Yours is the light by which my spirit’s born; yours is the darkness of my soul’s return—you are my sun, my moon, and all my stars.” – E.E. Cummings
23. “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” – Audrey Hepburn
24. “Love is a lot like a backache. It doesn’t show up on X-Rays but you know it’s there.” – George Burns
25. “Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart, and the senses.” – Lao Tzu
26. “You look good wearing my future.” – Keith (Some Kind of Wonderful)
27. “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.” – Anatole France
28. “True love is never blind, but rather brings an added light.” – Phoebe Cary
29. “True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done—the zest of creating things new.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
30. “If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me.” – Led Zeppelin
31. “Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.” – Aristotle
32. “I love you right up to the moon and back.” – Sam McBratney
33. “The ring of fire still burns around you and I, keeping our love hotter than a pepper sprout.” – Johnny Cash
34. “Great love affairs start with champagne.” – Honoré de Balzac
35. “To live without loving is to not really live.” – Molière
36. “I promise you to lay my heart in the palm of your hands. I promise you me.” – Meredith Grey
37. “Marry someone who laughs at the same things you do.” – J.D. Salinger
38. “Unto us all our days are love’s anniversaries, each one in turn has ripened something of our happiness.” – Robert Bridges
39. “True love cannot be found where it does not exist, nor can be denied where it does.” – Torquato Tasso
40. “Love is absolute loyalty. People fade, looks fade, but loyalty never fades. You can depend so much on certain people; you can set your watch by them. And that’s love, even if it doesn’t seem very exciting.” – Sylvester Stallone
41. “True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about and few have seen.” – François de la Rochefoucauld
42. “Before you marry a person, you should first make them use a computer with slow internet to see who they really are.” – Will Ferrell
43. “When all my dreams come true, the one I want next to me, it’s you.” – Lucas
44. “To be brave is to love unconditionally without expecting anything in return.” – Madonna
45. “When someone else’s happiness is your happiness, that is love.” – Lana Del Ray
46. “Hear my soul speak. From the very instant that I saw you, did my heart fly at your service.” – William Shakespeare
47. “Two hearts can enlighten the whole world.” – Sir Kristian Goldmund Aumann
48. “Deep in my soul, I know that I’m your destiny.” – Raven-Symoné
49. “Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.” – Nicole Krauss
Funniest and Wittiest Wedding Quotes
There’s always that one (or maybe two or three) speech that just makes you stand up and laugh your way to the end of the wedding reception.
Get a kick out of your wedding speech with the help of this list of the silliest wedding quotes you can add to your speech or to your invites!
Weddings are all about the fun and the happy vibes, so these will surely lighten up everybody’s mood.
50. “To keep your marriage brimming with love in the loving cup, whenever you’re wrong, admit it; whenever you’re right, shut up.” – Ogden Nash
51. “My husband and I have never considered divorce. Murder, sometimes, but never divorce.” – Dr. Joyce Brothers
52. “When you see a married couple walking down the street, the one that’s a few steps ahead is the one that’s mad.” – Helen Rowland
53. “Love is an ideal thing, marriage a real thing.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
54. “Some people ask the secret of our long marriage. We take time to go to a restaurant two times a week. A little candlelight, dinner, soft music and dancing. She goes Tuesdays, I go Fridays.” – Henny Youngman
55. “Getting married is like trading the adoration of many for the sarcasm of one.” – Mae West
56. “Marriage has no guarantees. If that’s what you’re looking for, go live with a car battery.” – Erma Bombeck
57. “Marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution?” – Groucho Marx
58. “For marriage to be a success, every woman and every man should have her and his own bathroom. The end.” – Catherine Zeta-Jones
59. “The definition of eternity is two people and a ham.” – Dorothy Parker
60. “Marriage is not just spiritual communion. It is also remembering to take out the trash.” – Dr. Joyce Brothers
61. “Sometimes, I wonder if men and women really suit each other. Perhaps they should just live next door and visit now and then.” – Katharine Hepburn
62. “It’s tough to stay married. My wife kisses the dog on the lips, yet she won’t drink from my glass.” – Rodney Dangerfield
63. “An archeologist is the best husband a woman can have. The older she gets, the more interested he is in her.” – Agatha Christie
64. “Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not. So each is inevitably disappointed.” – Albert Einstein
65. “Marriage is a wonderful invention. Then again, so is a bicycle repair kit.” – Billy Connolly
66. “The man who says his wife can’t take a joke, forgets that she took him.” – Oscar Wilde
67. “Being a good husband is like being a stand-up comic. You need ten years before you can call yourself a beginner.” – Jerry Seinfeld
68. “Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards.” – Benjamin Franklin
69. “A happy marriage is a long conversation which always seems too short.” – Andre Maurois
70. “By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you’ll become happy; if you get a bad one, you’ll become a philosopher.” – Socrates
71. “The best way to get most husbands to do something is to suggest that perhaps they’re too old to do it.” – Ann Bancroft
72. “Marriage is a bond between a person who never remembers anniversaries and another who never forgets them.” – Ogden Nash
73. “My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me.” – Winston Churchill
74. “We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness and call it love—true love.” – Robert Fulgham
75. “Marriages are made in heaven. But so again are thunder and lightning.” – Clint Eastwood
76. “Husbands and wives are irritating. But without them, who would we blame for misplacing our socks?” – Janet Periat
77. “Marriage is like a game of chess, except the board is flowing water, the pieces are made of smoke, and no move you make will have any effect on the outcome.” – Jerry Seinfeld
78. “Before I got married, I had six theories about raising children; now I have six children and no theories.” – John Wilmot
79. “I married for love but the obvious side benefit of having someone around to find my glasses cannot be ignored.” – Cameron Esposito
Wedding Quotes from Literary Classics
There’s nothing more romantic than quoting a line straight out of Romeo and Juliet.
Swoon and make your partner fall in love with you all over again with some of the most famous wedding quotes from literary classics and authors like William Shakespeare, Jane Eyre, Edgar Allan Poe, and more!
80. “Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight! For I never saw true beauty till this night.” – William Shakespeare
81. “Every atom of your flesh is as dear to me as my own—in pain and sickness it would still be dear.” – Charlotte Brontë
82. “I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be.” – Charles Dickens
83. “If you ever need my life, come and take it.” – Anton Chekhov
84. “By my soul, I can neither eat, drink, nor sleep; nor, what’s still worse, love any woman in the world but her.” – Samuel Richardson
85. “In vain, I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.” – Jane Austen
86. “Soul meets soul on lovers’ lips.” – Percy Bysshe Shelley
87, “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Emily Brontë
88. “I do love nothing in the world so well as you—is not that strange?” – William Shakespeare
89. “Each time, you happen to me all over again.” – Edith Wharton
90. “I wish you to know that you have been the last dream of my soul.” – Charles Dickens
91. “Wherever you are is my home, my only home.” – Jane Eyre
92. “You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest, and most beautiful person I have ever known—and even that is an understatement.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
93. “We loved with a love that was more than perfect.” – Edgar Allan Poe
94. “I see you everywhere—in the stars, in the river; to me you’re everything that exists; the reality of everything.” – Virginia Woolf
95. “And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.” – Kiersten White
96. “I have for the first time found what I can truly love—I have found you.” – Charlotte Bronte
97. “Remember tonight for it is the beginning of always.” – Dante Alighieri
98. “Love is the longing for the half of ourselves we have lost.” – Milan Kundera
99. “It is such a happiness when good people get together—and they always do.” – Jane Austen
100. “There is no remedy for love but to love more.” – Henry David Thoreau
101. “Seize the moments of happiness—love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here.” – Leo Tolstoy
102. “Unless you love someone, nothing else makes sense.” – E.E. Cummings
103. “To speak frankly, I am not in favour of long engagements. They give people the opportunity of finding out each other’s character before marriage, which I think is never advisable.” – Oscar Wilde
104. “If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life.” – Oscar Wilde
105. “You are my heart, my life, my one and only thought.” – Arthur Conan Doyle
106. “Doubt thou the stars are fire; doubt that the sun doth move; doubt truth to be a liar; but never doubt I love.” – William Shakespeare
107. “I’ve never had a moment’s doubt. I love you. I believe in you completely. You are my dearest one. My reason for life.” – Ian McEwan
108. “We loved with a love that was more than love.” – Edgar Allan Poe
109. “And so, being young and dipt in folly, I fell in love with melancholy.” – Edgar Allan Poe
Wedding Quotes From Your Favorite Fairy Tales and Novels
Weddings are just straight out of a fairytale and love is just so magical.
So, this list of wedding quotes that talk about love and happy-ever-afters are just perfect for your special day.
When we were young, it’s our dream to find our own prince charmings and our princesses.
And now, as adults, the time has come for you to start your journey together.
These lines from your favorite tales are surely nostalgic sayings about love that’ll remind you of the better days ahead.
110. “So this is love, so this is what makes life divine.” – Cinderella
111. “There are many kinds of joy, but they all lead to one—the joy to be loved.” – Michael Ende
112. “You must be true to your heart.” – Mulan
113. “My love for you will always burn.” – Pete’s Dragon
114. “As much as I had wanted a love story out of a movie, I know now that movies can only hope to capture this kind of love.” – Nina LaCour
115. “You mean more to me than anyone in this whole world.” – Peter Pan
116. “People do crazy things when they’re in love.” – Hercules
117. “I look at you and I’m home.” – Dory
118. “Love is many things, none of them logical.” – William Goldman
119. “I’d rather die tomorrow than live a hundred years without knowing you.” – Pocahontas
120. “You are mine, and I am thine, and no power on earth shall make it otherwise.” – Jacob Grimm
121. “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.” – Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
122. “One song, my heart keeps singing, of one love only for you.” – Snow White
123. “You pierce my soul. I am half agony, half hope. I have loved none but you.” – Jane Austen
124. “How do you spell love? You don’t spell it, you feel it.” – Winnie the Pooh
125. “You’ll be in my heart, from this day on, now and forever more.” – Tarzan
126. “I fell in love the way you fall asleep—slowly, and then all at once.” – John Green
127. “Any day spent with you is my favorite day.” – Winnie the Pooh
128. “To face the future with another, who means more than any other, is to be loved.” – The Rescuers
129. “Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures.” – Alice in Wonderland
130. “You are my greatest adventure.” – The Incredibles
131. “To spend a life of endless bliss, just find who you love through true love’s kiss.” – Enchanted
132. “Your soul sings to mine. My soul is yours, and it always will be, in any world.” – Laini Taylor
133. “Side by side with your loved one, you’ll find enchantment here.” – Lady and the Tramp
134. “One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” – The Little Prince
135. “This is the miracle I’ve been dreaming of.” – Cinderella
136. “Some people are worth melting for.” – Olaf
137. “I could not tell you if I loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second or third or fourth. But I remember the first moment I looked at you walking toward me and realized that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you.” – Cassandra Clare
138. “I made a wish upon a star, I turned around and there you were.” – Bolt
139. “Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.” – Zora Neale Hurston
Wedding Quotes from Sensational Hits and Your Favorite Movies
Sometimes, it’s just hard to say what you truly feel out loud.
Thankfully, some movies have lines that encapsulate in a few words what we feel.
We’ve gathered some lines from our all-time favorite romantic movies that you might just come to love, too! Check them out below.
140. “The greatest thing you’ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return.” – Moulin Rouge
141. “People call those imperfections, but no, that’s the good stuff.” – Good Will Hunting
142. “It doesn’t matter if the guy is perfect or the girl is perfect, as long as they are perfect for each other.” – Good Will Hunting
143. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – When Harry Met Sally
144. “In my opinion, the best thing you can do is find someone who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you.” – Juno
145. “Me? I’m scared of everything. I’m scared of what I saw, I’m scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all, I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you.” – Dirty Dancing
146. “You are, and always have been, my dream.” – The Notebook
147. “You and I were different. We came from different worlds, and yet you were the one how taught me the value of love. You showed me what it was like to care for another, and I am a better man because of it. I don’t want you to ever forget that.” – The Notebook
148. “I love how she makes me feel, like anything is possible or like life is worth it.” – 500 Days of Summer
149. “Never lie, steal, cheat, or drink. But if you must lie, lie in the arms of the one you love. If you must steal, steal away from bad company. If you must cheat, cheat death. And if you must drink, drink in the moments that take your breath away.” – Hitch
150. “Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it’s the moments that take your breath away.” – Hitch
151. “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows, but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One moment you’re enjoying your life, and the next you’re wondering how you ever lived without them.” – Hitch
152. “Love is passion, obsession—someone you can’t live without. If you don’t start with that, what are you going to end up with?” – Meet Joe Black
153. “I love you. You complete me.” – Jerry Maguire
154. “After all, I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.” – Notting Hill
155. “It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together.” – Sleepless in Seattle
156. “To me, you are perfect.” – Love Actually
157. “You should be kissed, every day, every hour, every minute.” – Lucky One
158. “I vow to fiercely love you in all your forms, now and forever. I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love.” – The Vow
159. “You should be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how.” – Gone With The Wind
160.“It’s like at that moment, the whole universe existed just to bring us together.” – Serendipity
161. “Choose me. Marry me. Let me make you happy.” – My Best Friend’s Wedding
162. “Everything I have ever done, I’ve done for you.” – Great Expectations
163. “I wish I had done everything on earth with you.” – The Great Gatsby
164. “I think I’d miss you even if we’d never met.” – The Wedding Date
165. “My heart is, and always will be, yours.” – Sense and Sensibility
166. “You are the most important thing to me now. The most important thing to me ever.” – Twilight
167. “When you love someone, you love all of them. You gotta love everything about them, not just the good things but the bad things too—the things that you find lovable and the things you don’t.” – Valentine’s Day
168. “I’ve never loved anyone the way I love you.” – Her
169. “Love requires sacrifice, but it’s worth it. Always.” – The Longest Ride
Wedding Quotes From Heartwarming Song Lyrics and Famous Musicians
You can always pick out numerous quotes just from song lyrics.
Almost always, you can find at least a dozen short and sweet, but definitely swoon-worthy lines for your big day.
We’ve listed down our top picks. If you look hard enough, you might also find the perfect song for your first dance here!
170. “There’s no love like your love and no other could give more love. There’s nowhere unless you’re there.” – Bryan Adams
171. “I hope you don’t mind that I put down in words how wonderful life is while you’re in the world.” – Elton John
172. “Anyway, the thing is, what I really mean, yours are the sweetest eyes I’ve ever seen.” – Elton John
173. “I could make you happy, make your dreams come true. Nothing that I wouldn’t do. Go to the ends of the earth for you to make you feel my love.” – Bob Dylan
174. “Your smile’s forever in my mind and memory.” – Ed Sheeran
175. “When my hair’s all but gone and my memory fades, and the crowds don’t remember my name. When my hands don’t play the strings the same way, I know you will still love me the same.” – Ed Sheeran
176. “I believe in something, I believe in us.” – James Bay
177. “And I need you more than want you. And I want you for all time.” – Glen Campbell
178. “Whenever I’m alone with you, you make me feel like I am home again. Whenever I’m alone with you, you make me feel like I am whole again.” – The Cure
179. “However far away, I will always love you. However long I stay, I will always love you. Whatever words I say, I will always love you.“ – The Cure
180. “I knew I loved you before I met you. I think I dreamed you into life.” – Savage Garden
181. “There’s just no rhyme or reason, only the sense of completion. And in your eyes, I see the missing pieces I’m searching for. I think I’ve found my way home.” – Savage Garden
182. “Where was I before the day that I first saw your lovely face? Now I see it every day, and I know that I am the luckiest.” – Ben Folds
183. “I love you more than I have ever found the way to say to you.“ – Ben Folds
184. “I could not ask for more than this time together. I could not ask for more than this time with you. Every prayer has been answered, every dream I have has come true. And right here in this moment is right where I’m meant to be, here with you, here with me.” – Edwin McCain
185. “Together can never be close enough for me, feel like I am close enough to you. You wear white, and I’ll wear out the words ‘I love you.’” – Train
186. “Now that the wait is over and love has finally shown her my way, marry me today and every day.” – Train
187. “For my dreams did come true when I looked at you.” – Stevie Wonder
188. “Home is wherever I’m with you.” – Edward Sharpe and Magnetic Zeros
189. “I’m so in love with you. Whatever you want to do is alright with me ’cause you make me feel so brand new, and I want to spend my life with you.” – Al Green
Wedding Quotes by the World’s Wisest Philosophers
There’s always something to learn about life from the words of wisdom of the world’s wisest philosophers.
However, it doesn’t stop there.
They also have a thing or two to say about life and marriage that you can apply to your day-to-day life as couples. Here’s what they have to say about life, laughter, and love.
190. “You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly.” – Sam Keen
191. “Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.” – Peter Ustinov
192. “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
193. “There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.” – Nietzsche
194. “Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence.” – H. L. Mencken
195. “It is love, not reason, that is stronger than death.” – Thomas Mann
196. “When the one man loves the one woman and the one woman loves the one man, the very angels desert heaven and come and sit in the house and sing for joy.” – Brahma Sutra
197. “The most desired gift of love is not diamonds, or roses, or chocolate. It is focused attention.” – Richard Warren
198. “If you would be loved, love and be lovable.” – Benjamin Franklin
199. “A loving heart is the truest wisdom.” – Charles Dickens
200. “A happy man marries the girl he loves; a happier man loves the girl he marries.” – anonymous quote
201. “Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” – Rumi
202. “Age does not protect you from love, but love to some extent, protects you from age.” – Jeanne Moreau
203. “It is not so much what is on the table that matters, as what is on the chairs.” – W.S. Gilbert
204. “Even a very small degree of hope is enough to cause the birth of love.” – Stendhal
205. “The most wasted day is that in which we have not laughed.” – Chamfort
206. “Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that’s a real treat.” – Joanne Woodward
207. “Love seems the swiftest, but it is the slowest of all growths. No man or woman really knows what perfect love is until they have been married a quarter of a century.” – Mark Twain
208. “Fortune and love favor the brave.” – Ovid
209. “Forgiveness is the final form of love.” – Reinhold Niebuhr
210. “My advice to you is not to inquire why or whither, but just enjoy your ice cream while it is on your plate.” – Thornton Wilder
211. “We never know we are beings till we love. And then we know the powers and potentialities of human existence.” – Jean Toomer
212. “Whoso loves believes the impossible.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
213. “You have to be very fond of men. Very, very fond. You have to be very fond of them to love them. Otherwise, they’re simply unbearable.” – Marguerite Duras
214. “Love is like quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays. Clutch it, and it darts away.” – Dorothy Parker
215. “We learn only from those we love.” – Johann Von Eckermann
216. “Love is the only sane and satisfactory answer to the problem of human existence.” – Erich Fromm
217. “The three hardest tasks in the world are neither physical feats nor intellectual achievements, but moral acts—to return love for hate, to include the excluded, and to say, ‘I was wrong.’” – Ernst Heinrich Haeckel
218. “Where there is love there is life.” – Mahatma Gandhi
219. “Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination.” – Voltaire
Wedding Quotes from Religious Figures and the Bible
They say everything happens according to God’s plan, and if you believe that everything happens for a reason, then you might just be right.
Maybe, you also met your special someone according to God’s plan and destiny.
So, if you want to know more about what saints, the popes, and the Bible says about love and weddings, then these quotes might just teach you a thing or two about how to approach married life and achieve everlasting love.
220. “God doesn’t want me to be a ‘fix him’ wife, God wants me to be a ‘love him’ wife.” – Lysa TerKeurst
221. “To fully know and still fully love, is the primary aim of marriage.” – Fierce Marriage
222. “Nothing can bring a real sense of security into the home except true love.” – Billy Graham
223. “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers a multitude of sins.” – 1 Peter 4:8
224. “Great marriages don’t happen by luck or by accident. They are the result of a consistent investment of time, thoughtfulness, forgiveness, affection, prayer, mutual respect, and a rock-solid commitment between a husband and a wife.” – Dave Willis
225. “Like a soft, deep layer of mulch, transparency in your marriage will keep most weed seeds dormant and unable to sprout.” – Barbara Rainey
226. “Let us love, since that is what our hearts were made for.” – Saint Therese of Lisieux
227. “Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” – Ecclesiastes 4:12
228. “Marriage is sharing your life with your best friend, enjoying the journey along the way, and arriving at every destination together.” – Fawn Weaver
229. “A good marriage isn’t something you find; it’s something you make and you have to keep on making it.” – Gary Thomas
230. “A marriage cannot survive when we think only of ourselves. We need to recognize that to love someone is a choice, not a feeling.” – Christin Slade
231. “Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.” – Ephesians 4:2
232. “Marriage is a mosaic you build with your spouse. Millions of tiny moments that make up your love story.” – Jennifer Smith
233. “Your marriage is the gospel you are preaching to your children.” – Matthew L. Jacobson
234. “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.” – John 15:12
235. “Love to be real, it must cost, it must hurt, it must empty us of self.” – Saint Teresa of Calcutta
236. “I want my life and my marriage to look less like the world and more like Christ.” – Marquis Clarke
237. “What you are facing is intended to strengthen your marriage, not destroy it.” – Jackie Bledsoe
238. “He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.” – Proverbs 18:22
239. “My husband is one of my greatest blessings from God. His love is a gift that I open everyday.” – Darlene Schacht
240. “It’s not the love that sustains the promise, it’s the promise that sustains the love.” – Jefferson Bethke
241. “To know him fully, to love him unconditionally, to respect him always, to forgive him often, to embrace him closely, this is the gift of marriage.” – Jennifer Smith
242. “Intense love does not measure, it just gives. ” – Saint Teresa of Calcutta
243. “When a man loves a woman, he has to become worthy of her. The higher her virtue, the more noble her character, the more devoted she is to truth, justice, goodness, the more a man has to aspire to be worthy of her. The history of civilization could actually be written in terms of the level of its women.” – Venerable Fulton Sheen
244. “Take away from love the fullness of self-surrender, the completeness of personal commitment, and what remains will be a total denial and negation of it.” – Saint Pope John Paul II
245. “Don’t you long to shout to those youths who are bustling around you, ‘Fools! Leave those worldly things that shackle the heart—and very often degrade it—leave all that and come with us in search of Love!’” Saint Josemaria Escriva
246. “Love is the most necessary of all virtues. Love in the person who preaches the word of God is like fire in a musket. If a person were to throw a bullet with his hands, he would hardly make a dent in anything; but if the person takes the same bullet and ignites some gunpowder behind it, it can kill. It is much the same with the word of God. If it is spoken by someone who is filled with the fire of charity—the fire of love of God and neighbor—it will work wonders.” – Saint Anthony Mary Claret
247. “You learn to speak by speaking, to study by studying, to run by running, to work by working, and just so, you learn to love by loving. All those who think to learn in any other way deceive themselves.” – Saint François de Sales
248. “Love is never something ready-made, something merely given to man and woman; it is always at the same time a task which they are set. Love should be seen as something which in a sense never ‘is’ but is always only ‘becoming’, and what it becomes depends upon the contribution of both persons and the depth of their commitment.” – Saint Pope John Paul II
249. “Marriage is the most beautiful thing that God has created.” – Pope Francis
Wedding Quotes That Will Make You Cry
There’s always someone crying happy tears in weddings—may it be the bride, her parents, or someone from the guest list.
These heart wrenching and tear jerking quotes are sure to make the tears flow even faster because of how much love is in each and every word.
Check out our favorites below that include just about everything that will make you emotional when it comes to your big day.
250. “And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.” – The Beatles
251. “If I get married, I want to be very married.” – Audrey Hepburn
252. “Love recognises no barriers, it jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination, full of hope.” – Maya Angelou
253. “For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” – Judy Garland
254. “There is no greater happiness for a man than approaching a door at the end of a day knowing someone on the other side of that door is waiting for the sound of his footsteps.” – Ronald Reagan
255. “Happy marriages begin when we marry the ones we love, and they blossom when we love the ones we marry.” – Tom Mullen
256. “One day, in your search for happiness, you discover a partner by your side, and you realise that your happiness has come to help you search.” – Robert Brault
257. “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” – Mignon McLaughlin
258. “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
259. “Faith makes all things possible. Love makes all things easy.” – Dwight Moody
260. “Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.” – Franz Schubert
261. “A good marriage is one which allows for change and growth in the individuals and in the way they express their love.” – Pearl S. Buck
262. “Love is like a friendship caught on fire.” – Jeremy Taylor
263. “The highest happiness on earth is the happiness of marriage.” – William Lyon Phelps
264. “True love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
265. “There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion, or company than a good marriage.” – Martin Luther
266. “The beauty of marriage is not always seen from the very beginning, but rather as love grows and develops over time.” – Fawn Weaver
267. “Marriage is the highest state of friendship. If we are happy, it lessens our cares by dividing them, at the same time that it doubles our pleasures by mutual participation.” – Samuel Richardson
268. “A wedding anniversary is the celebration of love, trust, partnership, tolerance and tenacity. The order varies for any given year.” – Paul Sweeney
269. “Marriages, like a garden, take time to grow. But the harvest is rich unto those who patiently and tenderly care for the ground.” – Darlene Schach
270. “Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads, which sew people together through the years.” – Simone Signoret
271. “It’s amazing how one day, someone walks into your life, and suddenly, you can’t remember how you lived without them.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
272. “A great marriage is not when the perfect couple comes together. It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.” – Dave Meurer
273. “I swear I couldn’t love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow.” – Leo Christopher
274. “Two souls with but a single thought; two hearts that beat as one.” – Friedrich Halm
275. “I love being married. It’s so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” – Rita Rudner
276. “What greater thing is there for two human souls than to feel that they are joined—to strengthen each other, to be at one with each other in silent unspeakable memories.” – George Eliot
277. “Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
278. “The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they’re alive.” – Orlando Aloysius Battista
279. “The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you.” – Rumi
280. “We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love.” – Tom Robbins
Did Our Collection of the Best Wedding Quotes Make You Want to Get Married Right Now?
Love is such a wonderful thing. It’s the purest and most beautiful of the human emotions.
It makes you do a lot of wild and crazy things, but most of all, it helps you find the one you’ll want to be with for the rest of your life. Being married is never going to be easy.
It’s constant work—work to forgive, to improve, and to love in spite of everything you may face.
Which quote is your favorite? Do you think there are quotes from this collection that you can use when you get married someday? List down your top choices in the comments section below.