Reading through this list of adoption quotes will encourage your heart to reach out and welcome children into your life!
Today, adoption is being simplified. For a lot of people, it’s only about starting a new family or meeting a new child who’s in need of parents. These are great, but they’re only the tip of the iceberg.
Adoption is a very challenging experience because of the legal processes that come with it. It’s also emotionally draining for all parties. However, perhaps adoption is one of the most beautiful and compassionate intentional processes out there.
Through adoption, people gain another chance at having a family. The parents-to-be are able to gain a child they’ve always wanted, and the child receives utmost love and protection from the parents he’s always craved for.
It is the most generous, loving, and selfless act a person can perform because it gives a child a chance at a better life.
However, adopting a child is not easy. It requires a lot of responsibilities and a total commitment from both parents and the child.
So, if you’re here because you want to understand the ins and outs of the process, read the entire collection below!
And don’t forget to check out these family quotes.
Best Adoption Quotes
1. “The world may not change if you adopt a child, but for that child, their world will change.” – Anonymous
2. “Adoption—because family isn’t made from blood, it’s made from love.” – Anonymous
3. “Adoption is not the call to have the perfect, rosy family. It is the call to give love, mercy, and patience.” – Anonymous
4. “It’s important to realize that we adopt not because we are rescuers. No. We adopt because we are rescued.” – David Platt
5. “If you have a heart for adoption, don’t let fear stand in the way.” – Doug Chapman
6. “Little souls find their way to you, whether they’re from your womb or someone else’s.” – Sheryl Crow
7. “Adoption is when a child grew in its mommy’s heart instead of her tummy.” – Anonymous
8. “Adoption is a redemptive response to the tragedy that happens in the broken world.” – Katie Davis
9. “Adoption comes from the heart, but the adoption process comes from the law. You should follow your heart, but be sure you also follow the law.” – Irina O’Rear
10. “Adoption is a commitment that enters into blindly, but it is no different than adding a child by birth. It is essential that adopting parents are committed to parenting this child for the rest of their lives, and committed to parenting through the tough stuff.” – Brooke Randolph
Adoption Quotes That Every Parent Should Know
11. “Adoption is less about getting a child for your family and more about giving your family for a child.” – Anonymous
12. “Adoptive parents become the biological parents through connection.” – Dr. Karyn Purvis
13. “Adoptee rights are everyone’s rights, and they deserve to be protected.” – DaShanne Stokes
14. “We look at adoption as a very sacred exchange. It was not done lightly on either side. I would dedicate my life to this child.” – Jamie Lee Curtis
15. “Adopting an older child is a journey, a developing relationship, and a wonder to behold!” – Karlene Edgemon
16. “I believe one of the most sacrificial acts of love adoptive parents can do is to give up their preconceptions and agendas about what their child’s views should be and be open to hear the conflicting emotions and thoughts their child often experiences.” – Sherrie Eldridge
Heartwarming Adoption Quotes for Everyone Seeking Love and Acceptance
17. “I was chosen, I was wanted, I was cherished, I grew in their hearts, I was the missing piece, I was loved, I was adopted.” – Anonymous
18. “Love is not a cure-all for an adoptee, but it’s a great place to start.” – Christina Romo
19. “Adoption is another word for love.” – Anonymous
20. “Parenthood requires love, not DNA.” – Anonymous
21. “To adopt a child is a great work of love. When it is done, much is given, but much is also received. It is a true exchange of gifts.” – Pope John Paul II
22. “Whether your children are yours through biology or adoption, they are yours through love.” – Sadia Rebecca Rodriguez
23. “Born not from our flesh, but born into our hearts. You were longed for, wanted, and loved from the start.” – Anonymous
24. “Adoption isn’t a birthmother’s rejection but an unconditional love that inspires her to put herself last and do all she can for her baby.” – Mary Hines
25. “My birth mother brought me into this world, but it was my adoptive parents who gave me life.” – Christina Romo
26. “Oh, no, getting adopted doesn’t hurt. It’s just another way people have of saying, ‘I love you.’” – Bob Walsh
Adoption Quotes for Those Who Know How Difficult the Process Is
27. “Adoption was a bumpy ride—very bumpy. But God, was it worth the fight.” – Mariska Hargitay
28. “I say to everybody, ‘Adoption is not for the faint of heart.’” – Mariska Hargitay
29. “There are times when the adoption process is exhausting and painful and makes you want to scream. But, I am told, so does childbirth.” – Scott Simon
30. “To attain to a place of acceptance of an adoption decision is an honorable goal, but often an arduous journey.” – Sandra Cantrell
Short Adoption Quotes to Keep In Mind
31. “Adoption is the most intentional process on Earth.” – Jody Cantrell Dyer
32. “Adoption is the visible gospel.” – John Piper
33. “I think adoption is a blessing all around when it is done right.” – Hugh Jackman
34. “Adoption is a journey of faith, from beginning to end.” – Johnny Carr
35. “Adoptive mom? I am a mom. I need no other label or prefix.” – Joanne Greco
36. “The adoption was challenging—the love arrived instantly.” – Anonymous
37. “Adoption is complicated, but it is also rich with narratives of strength.” – Jillian Lauren
38. “Adopting any child is a walk into the unknown. It takes faith.” – Anonymous
39. “Foster care is risky. Adoption is risky. Love itself is always risky.” – Anonymous
40. “I have four children. Two are adopted. I forget which two.” – Bob Constantine
Adoption Quotes to Instill a Sense of Belongingness in Your Heart
41. “Adoption is not about finding children for families, it’s about finding families for children.” – Joyce Maguire Pavao
42. “God knew that it doesn’t matter how your children get to your family. It just matters that they got there.” – Kira Mortenson
43. “By adopting, we stretch past our immediate circles and, by reaching out, find an unexpected sense of belonging with others.” – Isabella Rossellini
44. “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.” – Richard Bach
45. “You don’t have to give birth to someone to be family. We’re all family—extended family.” – Sandra Bullock
46. “Adoption carries the added dimension of connection—not only to your own tribe but beyond, widening the scope of what constitutes love, ties, and family. It is the larger embrace.” – Isabella Rossellini
Adoption Quotes That’ll Open Your Eyes to How Wonderful It Is
47. “Anyone who doesn’t have experience with adoption wonders, ‘Does love for a child come through DNA?’ I knew it didn’t.” – Katherine Heigl
48. “I always wondered if I was ready to adopt, then I realized: no child was ready to be an orphan.” – Anonymous
49. “Anyone who ever wondered how much they could love a child who did not spring from their own loins, know this—it is the same. The feeling of love is so profound; it’s incredible and surprising.” – Nia Vardalos
50. “Adoption: if a baby is not a blessing for you right now, let them be a blessing to someone else.” – Anonymous
Adoption Quotes That Will Change Your Child’s Life Forever
51. “We always wanted to adopt, and when the opportunity opened up, we did it to help change a child’s life.” – Willie Robertson
52. “Adoption of one child won’t change the world, but for that child, the world will change.” – Anonymous
53. “I firmly believe that adoption gives children in need a lifeline.” – Satwinder Sandhu
54. “My life has been shaped by the decision 2 people made over 24 years ago. They decided to adopt a child. They got me, and I got a chance at the kind of life all children deserve.” – Karen Fowler
55. “There are young people having babies every day that can’t take care of them, and, as people who believe that every life is beautiful, we need to make them aware of another choice, to give that beautiful life up for adoption.” – John Schneider
Deep Adoption Quotes for You to Reflect On
56. “While adoption does not undo the past, adopting a child, and more specifically an older child, gives an adoptive family the privilege of writing the parts of the child’s story that have not yet been written.” – Caitlin Snyder
57. “We don’t have adoption issues; we have an issue with adoption.” – Dr. Janine Myung Ja
58. “There’s a clock ticking on the pregnancy thing, but not a clock ticking on adoption.” – Aisha Tyler
59. “Giving birth does not make her a mother. Placing a child for adoption does not make her less of one.” – Anonymous
Adoption Quotes That’ll Bring Tears to Your Eyes
60. “Women who give up their children for adoption are years and years later talking about how painful it was.” – Katha Pollitt
61. “Perhaps there is no greater miracle than finding a loving home for a child who needs one.” – Bill Clinton
62. “A child born to another woman calls me mommy. The magnitude of that tragedy and the depth of that privilege is not lost on me.” – Jody Landers
63. “If the standard route for creating a family had worked for me, I wouldn’t have met this child. I needed to know her. I needed to be her mother. She is, in every way, my daughter.” – Nia Vardalos
64. “When people tell me how lucky my children are, I offer a reply that upholds the girls’ dignity while acknowledging the complicated truth. ‘No,’ I say, ‘We are all blessed to have found each other.’” – Julie Higginbotham
Adoption Quotes That Will Touch Your Heart
65. “My adoption journey fully fuels my inspiration, my drive, what my vision of success is.” – Jordan Fisher
66. “Adoption isn’t just a childhood experience; it’s a life-long experience.” – DaShanne Stokes
67. “Adoption was such a positive alternative to abortion, a way to save one life and brighten two more—those of the adoptive parents.” – George W. Bush
68. “A full accounting of adoption as an option would not underestimate its emotional challenges—the grief and loss for birth mothers, the uncertainties for adoptive parents operating under a patchwork of state laws.” – Nina Easton
69. “For me, having been adopted was normal. Knowing I was adopted was as natural as having a belly button. It was just always there.” – Madeleine Melcher
70. “Belonging to a family is a natural and vital component of life, and every child deserves to be a member of a loving and nurturing family.” – Ronald Reagan
71. “I don’t have children, but I have 17 nieces and nephews, and they more than make up for anything that I can do. I have a stepdaughter, and I adore her to pieces, and I think about adoption. There are so many kids at different ages and stages that need families.” – Lauren Velez
72. “Meeting your adoptive baby is like being set up on a blind date with someone you will have to spend the next 18 years with. You care about looks because you desperately want to fall in love with the stranger who will be your child.” – Jana Wolff
More Adoption Quotes for Those Who Want to Build a Family
73. “Through all the trials of the foster and adoptive journey, I want you to know that the calling you’ve received to care for vulnerable children is valid. And it is beautiful.” – Mike Berry
74. “There are so many kids in this world, and in this country, that need homes. And so we’re perfectly content to look into adoption one day.” – Lisa Ling
75. “Do you want to do something beautiful for God? There is a person who needs you. This is your chance.” – Mother Teresa
76. “When I have a family someday, I’ll probably adopt. Adoption has always been something close to my heart. There are so many kids out there who really need a family.” – Tim Tebow
77. “Too many children in foster care are falling through the cracks. Be a hero, take the time to learn about adoption today.” – Bruce Willis
78. “You know, I truly believe adoption is one of the greatest unheralded blessings in the world. Think how beautiful it is to give a child a home and to become a family because you choose to! Maybe that’s the best way to make a family, don’t you think?” – Kristin Harmel
79. “Adoption has been a part of my life and a part of my family, so it was how I wanted to start. It felt natural and right to me.” – Katherine Heigl
80. “Adoption is the arrangement of a fictional family relationship that can only exist through the coerced belief and participation of the one subjected to adoption. Replacing birth facts with falsehoods makes the amended birth certificate a counterfeit, whether tagged legal or not.” – Traci Golden Bell
Are You and Your Family Considering an Adoption in the Future?
Many people don’t know just how powerful adoption can be. Well, in fact, it’s a process that changes a lot of people’s lives permanently.
If we look at the parents’ points of view, they can gain love and purpose in their lives. They also have the chance to create their own family and experience unconditional love from their new child.
On the other hand, adopted children benefit from having a loving home and family they can rely on throughout their lives. In this way, they grow up with parents who are always there for them, nurture them, and teach them about life and what it offers.
Of course, adoption isn’t for everyone. But for those who need it, it is such a great blessing and option to have. Always remember that you must think carefully and consider all aspects of your life and the child’s before adopting; after all, it will mark the beginning of a new life for both of you.
With that, let this list of adoption quotes serve as your guide and reassure you that you’re making the right choices. Never doubt the love, care, and kindness you can provide for others!