Check out these father-in-law quotes if you’re thankful for the man you can call your second dad!
Fathers are the pillars of a home. They’re the ones who raise their families and serve as their protectors and guides.
When you marry into a new family, you’ll meet someone similar yet different to your own dad. He’s the man who raised your spouse and someone you can refer to as your father-in-law.
Fathers-in-law are similar to our own fathers in that they just want to protect the family and do everything they can for them. Yet, in a way, he’s also totally different from the father who raised you.
Even so, the best-ever fathers-in-law will treat you like his own child, and you’ll feel like you’re part of the family in no time! Whether you’re a daughter-in-law or a son-in-law, as long as you have a great father-in-law to guide you, you’ll be alright!
So, read these father-in-law quotes we’ve compiled to gain inspiration on how to show them respect and adoration. We’re positive you’ll find some heartwarming quotes to strengthen your bond!
And don’t forget to check out these son-in-law quotes.
Best Father-In-Law Quotes
1. “Fathers-in-law are the most appreciated person in the family. They make every family member happy. Godsend them to as in the blessing form.” – Anonymous
2. “No wonder you are the best father-in-law anyone could ever have had. You have always supported me in my hard times, just like my birth father.” – Anonymous
3. “I can’t explain the difference between a birth father and a father-in-law. Because I can’t see any. My father-in-law is just as caring as my birth father.” – Anonymous
4. “Father-in-law, In the last few years, a lot of things have changed, but you are still amazing as you always have been.” – Anonymous
5. “It’s not what we have in life, but who we have in our life that matters. Thank you, my father-in-law, for being such an important part of our lives.” – Anonymous
6. “You may be my father-in-law, but the ‘in-law’ part is just a formality. Thank you for accepting me and loving me as your own.” – Anonymous
7. “Life has given me plenty of reasons to be happy, and you are one of them. I couldn’t have imagined a better father-in-law than you.” – Anonymous
8. “You are my father-in-law, but I have grown to love you every bit as I do my own father. All of your advice, support, and love have never been lost on me. Thank you for being such an incredible role model for me and your grandchildren.” – Anonymous
9. “Anything is possible when you have a loving father-in-law there to support you.” – Anonymous
10. “Can someone please explain to me the difference between a father and a father-in-law? I have been married for so many years now, but I still can’t understand the difference.” – Anonymous
Father-In-Law Quotes to Show Your Respect
11. “I am fortunate enough to have such a wonderful father-in-law who loves me truly with a whole heart.” – Anonymous
12. “My great father-in-law, I learned from you how to be an impressive person and a good human being. Your presence in my life will always be appreciated by me.” – Anonymous
13. “It’s no surprise that you’re the best father-in-law anyone could ever have. You, like my birth father, have always been there for me in my darkest hours.” – Anonymous
14. “I always tell my spouse that when he grows up, I want him to be just like you because you’re such a sweetheart, Dad.” – Anonymous
15. “You have proven to be an incredible husband, father, and father-in-law time and time again, and I hope that one day I will be able to match you and live up to your standards.” – Anonymous
16. “You are the trifecta! A wonderful father, a caring father-in-law, and an amazing grandfather! We are all so blessed to have you in our lives.” – Anonymous
17. “From your dad jokes, your caring ways, and your great personality, I know I could not have asked for a better father-in-law than you!” – Anonymous
18. “I can never repay my father-in-law for everything he has done for me, but I hope he always knows how loved and appreciated he is.” – Anonymous
19. “My father-in-law is the best role model I could have asked for. He has taught me so much about life, marriage, and family.” – Anonymous
20. “Dear father-in-law, you changed my life, and I don’t think I could ever tell you how much I respect you.” – Anonymous
Father-In-Law and Daughter-In-Law Quotes to Get a Picture of Their Strong Bond
21. “Thank you for never letting the words ‘in-law’ get between our beautiful relationship. You never treat me differently than your own daughter.” – Anonymous
22. “I prayed for the right husband. I prayed for a man who would be a good example, supporter, and friend. I didn’t know that I would also be blessed with a wonderful father-in-law who also fulfills those roles!” – Anonymous
23. “God blessed me with such an awesome father-in-law like you. If I didn’t get married to your son, I would have never been able to find a wonderful father like you.” – Anonymous
24. “You have taken care of me as your own little girl. I will always be grateful to God for giving me such a great dad-in-law who cares for me just like he cares for his own daughter.” – Anonymous
25. “After getting to know my father-in-law, it is pretty clear why my husband turned out to be such an amazing person.” – Anonymous
26. “I would never have been able to discover a lovely father like you if I hadn’t married your son.” – Anonymous
27. “God blessed me with a father figure through you, and I’m nothing but grateful to be a daughter to you.” – Anonymous
28. “I’ll be eternally grateful to God for blessing me with such a wonderful father-in-law who looks after me as if I were his own daughter.” – Anonymous
29. “I am the luckiest daughter-in-law because I have you for a father-in-law.” – Anonymous
30. “It’s safe to say that I’m one of those lucky daughters-in-law who genuinely loves her father-in-law, and that’s all thanks to you.” – Anonymous
Father-In-Law Quotes to Highlight His Relationship With His Son-In-Law
31. “I want to be the best son-in-law I can because you have left no stone unturned in proving that you are the best father-in-law I could ever have had.” – Anonymous
32. “You have never treated me differently from your own son. For that, I will always be thankful to you.” – Anonymous
33. “As your son-in-law, there is something I want you to give me as an inheritance—your wisdom, your patience, and your understanding.” – Anonymous
34. “I appreciate the little things you do for me and your daughter, dear father-in-law.” – Anonymous
Special Father-In-Law Quotes to Dedicate to Him
35. “The only thing better than having you as a father-in-law is my children having you as a grandfather.” – Anonymous
36. “My father-in-law, thank you for being a beacon of hope and courage in my darkest hours.” – Anonymous
37. “Few men like me are lucky to have not one but two father figures in their lives. One being my own father and another being my father-in-law, which is you.” – Anonymous
38. “Thank you for teaching me, encouraging me, and being the sweetest father-in-law anyone could ask for.” – Anonymous
39. “Dear father-in-law, you are the world’s best father-in-law, and I could never replace you.” – Anonymous
40. “A great family was raised by your father-in-law. And am I not lucky to be in this family?” – Anonymous
41. “Some people complain about their father-in-law. My only complaint is that I didn’t have him in my life sooner.” – Anonymous
42. “Any man can be a father-in-law, but it takes someone special to be a dad. And that is what you are to me.” – Anonymous
43. “There are two types of fathers-in-law. The first type are those who behave like real fathers-in-law. The second type are those who behave like real fathers. Thanks for being the second type of father-in-law.” – Anonymous
44. “As a father-in-law, you have been the best defender against all odds for me. An expression of gratitude for being all these to me and more than a father-in-law.” – Anonymous
Short Father-In-Law Quotes for Your Instagram Captions
45. “Father-in-law by marriage; father by heart.” – Anonymous
46. “A father-in-law is a guiding light for the entire family.” – Anonymous
47. “Thanks for being the hope and courage in my worst times, my dad-in-law.” – Anonymous
48. “You may be my father-in-law by marriage, but you are also my dad!” – Anonymous
49. “Out of all the fathers-in-law in the world, I am glad that I got you!” – Anonymous
50. “You might be my father-in-law, but you are my friend first.” – Anonymous
51. “Because you are in my future, it looks more bright, my great dad-in-law.” – Anonymous
52. “When God was choosing my father-in-law, He knew I needed you.” – Anonymous
Quotes About Fathers-In-Law and How Much You Care
53. “I didn’t get to choose who my father-in-law would be, but if I did, I would still choose you.” – Anonymous
54. “Such a significant number of life standards I have gained from you, father-in-law. Some I see now, and some I realize I will comprehend when the opportunity arrives.” – Anonymous
55. “A father-in-law is more than just a father-in-law. They chose to love you when they didn’t have to.” – Anonymous
56. “I feel so blessed to have a father-in-law like you. Thank you for loving me like one of your own.” – Anonymous
57. “To my father-in-law, thank you so much for your tireless support and constant guidance and direction. I appreciate all that you do for me and my family!” – Anonymous
58. “Dear father-in-law, thank you for being like a second father to me and giving me the comfort of knowing that I can always run to you whenever I’m in need. You are very much loved and appreciated!” – Anonymous
59. “Thank you for all of your love, laughs, and great advice. I really couldn’t have asked for a better father-in-law than you!” – Anonymous
60. “To my father-in-law, I’m so very grateful to be a part of your wonderful family. Thank you for all the kindness, generosity, and love you have shown me over the years.” – Anonymous
Funny Father-In-Law Quotes That’ll Brighten Up Your Day
61. “Father-in-law, thanks for not putting my husband up for adoption.” – Anonymous
62. “Becoming my father-in-law is the greatest gift you received.” – Anonymous
63. “You are the best father-in-law I could have gotten stuck with.” – Anonymous
64. “If fathers-in-law were a bogey, I’d pick you.” – Anonymous
65. “So glad I got a normal father-in-law—I mean, mostly normal, but close enough.” – Anonymous
66. “You’re the world’s best father-in-law because you have the nicest daughter-in-law!” – Anonymous
Father-In-Law Quotes for Father’s Day
67. “May you be blessed with a long healthy life. May all the happiness in the world come and bow in front of you. May whatever you always dreamt of come true. May you have the best Father’s day this year. Happy Father’s day to you.” – Anonymous
68. “Thank God I got married to your son. Otherwise, I would have never found an amazing father-in-law like you. Happy Father’s Day.” – Anonymous
69. “Dear father-in-law, you have always been the best man in the world to me, and no one will be able to replace that. Happy Father’s Day!” – Anonymous
70. “On the occasion of Father’s Day, I pray to God to bless you with the best of health and happiness because you have been the most amazing father-in-law to me, and I will always love you.” – Anonymous
71. “I met my second father the day I got married, and it was my father-in-law! He has brought strength into my life by giving me the place of a son in his own family. Happy Father’s Day.” – Anonymous
72. “Happy Father’s Day, father-in-law. I came up with a special little saying, ‘It takes a strong man to be able to deal with his son’s difficult wife!’” – Anonymous
Father-In-Law Quotes to Wish Him a Happy Birthday
73. “Your birthday is the best day to make a small change in our relationship. I am changing your role in my life from the complicated status of father-in-law to the simple and loving status of daddy. Happy birthday.” – Anonymous
74. “Happy Birthday to the best father-in-law in the whole wide world! Your birthday always stands out because you shine so brightly in our family!” – Anonymous
75. “Happy birthday, dear father-in-law! Use this special day to reflect on all that you’ve done in your life and to consider all that you still desire to do!” – Anonymous
Which Quote Would You Dedicate to Your Father-In-Law?
A father-in-law might appear scary at first. You might have even been afraid to face him when you were only dating his child.
However, as time passes, you’ll realize that the only thing he wants is for his child to live a happy life. Fathers-in-law care about how you treat your spouse because, at the end of the day, they are their dads—their knights in shining armor.
But, once you’ve gained his trust, you’ll find that fathers-in-law are big softies! He will love you like his own, and sometimes, you won’t even be able to distinguish him from your birth father.
Rest assured that your father-in-law will protect and love you as best as he can. So, ensure you do the same to him and honor him in everything you do.
Love your spouse and treat them right—that’s the only thing your father-in-law will ask for. So, go above and beyond and love him like your real dad, too!
It’ll be awkward at first—especially if you’ve just recently married into the family. However, we hope that the list of quotes above will serve as a great starting point for you; send them a quick but sweet message of your love and appreciation each day!