We’ve got some meaningful godmother quotes that’ll help you guide your godchild to the right path.
The world is a scary place to be in. Life hits you with so many twists and turns, and it’ll sometimes feel like you can’t keep up.
This may be why we have godparents, especially godmothers. They serve as our second moms in this crazy world.
They are usually not related to us by blood, but godmothers’ love for their godchildren knows no bounds. After all, they are people our parents have entrusted us with.
On the flip side, if you’re a godmother, you know the weight of your responsibility. Besides safeguarding your friends’ children, it’s also part of your role to guide them into becoming upright people who know right from wrong.
It’s a tough job, but it’s also incredibly gratifying. Read on to learn more about godmothers, their role, and how much love there is between a godmother and her godchild!
And make sure to check out these goddaughter quotes and daughter quotes.
Best Godmother Quotes
1. “Godmothers are a blessing from Heaven sent to love an angel on Earth.” – Anonymous
2. “A godmother is a little bit friend and a little bit parent. No matter what comes your way, they are always there for you.” – Anonymous
3. “A godmother is a gift sent from above. A guardian angel chosen with love!” – Anonymous
4. “Godmothers hold your hand and your heart on life’s journey.” – Anonymous
5. “A godmother will be there to steady you through life’s storms with a reassuring smile.” – Anonymous
6. “A godmother is a precious gift from Heaven. Her love is a guiding light in even the darkest times.” – Anonymous
7. “A godmother’s gift is strength and devotion. She is family and friend tied together with a beautiful bow.” – Anonymous
8. “Only a godmother can give hugs like a mother, can keep secrets like a sister, and share love like a friend.” – Anonymous
9. “Godmother—a guardian angel on Earth, a woman who offers love, support, and encouragement.” – Anonymous
10. “A godmother is a special gift, one that provides the strength of family and the comfort of friendship.” – Anonymous
Famous Godmother Sayings
11. “Godmothers are a little angel and a lot of spice.” – Anonymous
12. “Godmothers fill your heart with love and light.” – Anonymous
13. “A godmother is bound to you by love. It’s a devotion that never falters.” – Anonymous
14. “Godmothers are magical beings sent from above to guide and love.” – Anonymous
15. “Godmothers are the protectors of souls.” – Anonymous
Godmother Quotes That’ll Fill You With Love
16. “A bond with a godmother is special; that’s true. Their love shines through in all they do.” – Anonymous
17. “Being a godmother is a precious gift I didn’t expect, but I love it more than words can say.” – Anonymous
18. “A godmother always has love to give and time to spare. A godmother is always there.” – Anonymous
19. “There are few gifts in this world as magical as being a godmother.” – Anonymous
20. “Godchildren are a gift that gives for a lifetime. Being able to guide and support them is a beautiful experience.” – Anonymous
21. “I thank your parents for trusting me to watch over you and give you all my love because every time you call me ‘Godmother,’ my heart jumps with joy and fills me with emotion.” – Anonymous
Proud Godmother Quotes to Save in Your Memory
22. “Not only am I proud to be a godparent, but I am so proud of my godson or goddaughter and all they’ve achieved.” – Anonymous
23. “When I was asked to be your godmother, the awe that filled me was unimaginable.” – Anonymous
24. “It’s a privilege to guide and love such a precious soul. Being your godmother is a true gift.” – Anonymous
25. “As your godmother, I only feel pride in seeing the man you’ve become. You’re truly a credit to your parents and have a wonderful life ahead of you.” – Anonymous
26. “You have grown into an amazing young woman. I’m so proud to have been your godparent and watch such a transformation.” – Anonymous
27. “You have a special future ahead of you, but I’m so proud of everything you’ve done so far. Keep going—from your loving godmother.” – Anonymous
28. “Just as the sun shines brightly, that’s how intense my love for you has been. Just as the moon brightens the night, that’s how your presence brightens my life. Thank you for making me a proud godmother.” – Anonymous
29. “I am the proudest godmother of an intelligent and strong goddaughter. I adore you, my child, and I love you with all my heart!” – Anonymous
30. “Watching you grow from a baby to this point has been a beautiful experience. Look at how beautiful our relationship turned out to be. I’m the happiest godmother out there, thanks to you. My love for you will never change. Bear that in mind.” – Anonymous
31. “I am so honored and proud to be your godmother. I make my promises to you that I will love you, help guide you, encourage you, listen to you, be there should you need me, and always hold you in my thoughts. With much love on this special day, your godmother.” – Anonymous
Godmother Quotes for Her Godchild
32. “I will always be here to hold your hand and hug you tightly. You are amazing, my godchild.” – Anonymous
33. “Being a godmother is a little piece of heaven. You are one of the brightest stars in the sky that I get to hold and love.” – Anonymous
34. “My godchild, you fill my soul with love and joy. Watching you grow is a magical experience.” – Anonymous
35. “You are a child of my heart, and I’m honored to be your godmother.” – Anonymous
36. “You hold a piece of my heart, godchild. It will always be reserved just for you.” – Anonymous
37. “Dear goddaughter, wherever you go, remember that your godmother has got your back. I love you.” – Anonymous
38. “As your godmother, I deem it my duty to constantly put a smile on your face. I want more than anything in this world to see you smiling, laughing, and being happy all the days of your life.” – Anonymous
39. “My goddaughter is my pride and joy. I hope you know how important you are to your godmother. I’m blessed to have you in my life.” – Anonymous
40. “My lovely goddaughter, I have always wanted to be more than your godmother. I always tried hard to be your best friend. I hope you know how much I love you.” – Anonymous
Godmother Quotes to Show Her Bond With Her Godson and Goddaughter
41. “Godmothers can transform their goddaughters.” – Anonymous
42. “The bond between a godmother and a godchild is a precious force created by God.” – Anonymous
43. “The love between godmother and goddaughter knows no distance. Love you to the moon and back!” – Anonymous
44. “I found that the godmother’s position is to take care of the morals of the child.” – Susan Glaspell
45. “A goddaughter is like one’s own daughter. Her godmother would want nothing but always the best for her angel. I thank God for giving me a complete goddaughter.” – Anonymous
Godmother Quotes From Her Loving Godchildren
46. “I truly feel so lucky for having you as my godmother. For me, you are the most incredible godmother in the whole universe.” – Anonymous
47. “Will you be my godmother? Because I know you will love me, because I know you will care, because I know you will always be there!” – Anonymous
48. “Real godmothers are so much better than the fabricated, storybook kind in so many ways. I’m glad you’re mine.” – Anonymous
49. “My parents really got it right when they chose you to be my godmother! Best pick ever!” – Anonymous
50. “I’m as lucky as can be; the world’s best godmother belongs to me.” – Anonymous
51. “Dearest godmother, you have always been a great inspiration for me. I wish that someday I would turn out to be a great person like you!” – Anonymous
52. “You are a blessed woman, and I am a blessed godchild because of who you are and what you do.” – Anonymous
53. “Godmother—our subsequent guardians, companions, and partners. Thanks to you for all that you’ve accomplished for me.” – Anonymous
54. “Wonderful things happen in our lives that make us glad. One of the most wonderful things to happen in my life was the moment that you were chosen to be my godmother. I am so blessed!” – Anonymous
55. “Dear godmother, you are the biggest blessing to me from God. Many people won’t have been so lucky to get a godmother like you. You instructed me to be the sparkling light for everyone. You made me a better person. Thank you.” – Anonymous
Funny Godmother Quotes to Make You Giggle
56. “When mom says no, ask your godmother.” – Anonymous
57. “Godmothers are practically perfect. They even have ‘god’ in their name.” – Anonymous
58. “I’m a godmother; that’s a great thing to be—a godmother. She calls me ‘God’ for short; that’s cute, I taught her that.” – Ellen DeGeneres
59. “If you mess with me, you mess with my godmother.” – Anonymous
60. “Always a godmother, never a mother. That sucks. I’ve got to get me one of those little accessories.” – Courtney Cox
61. “Being an elder sister is no less than being a godmother.” – Giitzz
Short Godmother Captions
62. “Godmother: the cool mom.” – Anonymous
63. “A godmother is a mother with a bit of glitter added.” – Anonymous
64. “Godmothers: sent straight from heaven to guide with wisdom.” – Anonymous
65. “Godmother: it was an offer I couldn’t refuse.” – Anonymous
66. “Life is more special with a godmother in it.” – Anonymous
67. “Isn’t that what a true godmother does? Have your back no matter what!” – Anonymous
Fairy Godmother Quotes That’ll Make You Believe in Happy Ever Afters
68. “Amazing godmothers become fairy godmothers.” – Anonymous
69. “I think, at a child’s birth, if a mother could ask a fairy godmother to endow it with the most useful gift, that gift should be curiosity.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
70. “The key to happiness—as any good fairy godmother will tell you—is not to avoid problems, but to overcome them.” – Janette Rallison
71. “I was like their own fairy godmother! Always there when they needed support!” – Hannah Gardner
72. “If I were a fairy godmother, I would give you your heart’s desire in an instant. And I would wipe away your tears and tell you not to cry.” – Sylvain Reynard
73. “Why do you always rescue me? Every Cinderella needs a fairy godmother.” – Holly Smale
74. “Her godmother simply touched her with her wand, and, at the same moment, her clothes were turned into cloth of gold and silver, all decked with jewels.” – Charles Perrault
75. “Keep calm and believe in your fairy godmother.” – Anonymous
Did This Collection Help You Better Understand the Role That Godmothers Play?
It’s hard to take care of kids; that’s a fact many say. People also say that it takes a village to raise a child.
After all, it’s not just about feeding kids and ensuring they keep breathing. If you have a child, you’re tasked to mold them into upright and moral people who will someday make significant contributions to society.
Parents can’t take on this task alone; they need godfathers and godmothers to support them. This is why, in so many ways, godmothers are considered to be a child’s second mom.
Godmothers help shape a child’s moral compass; they love and support them like a mom and take pride in their achievements, too. Our godmothers are a blessing because we can turn to them for advice or help whenever needed.
There’s a special kind of bond between a godmother and her godchild. After all, there are just some things you aren’t comfortable sharing with your mom or dad; this is where our godparents step in.
So, if you’re a godchild, show your godmother how thankful you are for her presence in your life! At the same time, as a godmother, remember your role and responsibility, and mold your godchildren into the best person they can be!