These top 70 cousin quotes will show you exactly why they are the ones who will stand by you through thick and thin!
A family is composed of many different people. You have your parents, aunts and uncles, grandparents, and some even have siblings.
Though they all have big and important roles to play in our lives, our cousins are definitely one of the few who really stand out.
What makes our cousins so special is the fact that though they are not our siblings, they still act, love, and support us like our very own brothers and sisters.
We may not live in the same households, but we know for a fact that they’ll be there in a flash to help us out whenever we need them.
In the same way, when there’s something to celebrate—birthdays, graduations, promotions, whatnot—they’ll be there, too!
Our childhood is shaped by the times we spent with our cousins.
Now that we’ve grown up, they’re still there to guide and support us in life. No doubt, our cousins are people we can’t live without.
So, if you’re curious about the kind of bond different people have with their cousins, make sure you scroll through to the end.
Maybe you’ll find a quote that perfectly describes your relationship with your cousins, too!
Continue reading below.
And don’t forget to check out these family quotes and sister quotes.
Best Cousin Quotes
1. “A real cousin is someone who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.” – Anonymous
2. “Cousins are different beautiful flowers in the same garden.” – Anonymous
3. “Cousins are cool to see, impossible to forget, and true to your heart.” – Leo Farno
4. “If you’re lucky, a cousin is there from the beginning.” – Susan Bolch
5. “Treasure your cousins, they were your first friends and will love you forever.” – Anonymous
6. “Friends might choose you at some point in your life, but cousins loved you from the start.” – Anonymous
7. “Being a cousin means you are part of something wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. No matter what.” – Anonymous
8. “A cousin is someone whose smile helps when the roads are rough and long.” – Anonymous
9. “Cousins are people that are ready-made friends, you have laughs with them and remember good times from a young age, you have fights with them but you always know you love each other, they are a better thing than brothers and sisters and friends ‘cause they are all pieced together as one.” – Courtney Cox
Famous Cousin Quotes
10. “A cousin is someone who knows all about you but likes you anyway.” – Anonymous
11. “Cousins help make the hard times easier and the easy times more fun.” – Anonymous
12. “Cousins are those childhood playmates who grow up to be forever friends.” – Anonymous
13. “Cousins are more than cousins; they are best friends that are there for us through it all.” – Heather Mills
14. “Cousins are connected heart to heart, distance and time can’t break them apart.” – Anonymous
15. “Cousins are both family and friends—they are the best of both worlds.” – Anonymous
16. “Time passes and we may be apart. But cousins always stay close at heart.” – Anonymous
17. “You don’t get to choose your cousins. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” – Anonymous
18. “A cousin is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.” – Marion C. Garretty
Also read: Brother Quotes
Cousin Quotes That’ll Make You Appreciate Your Family
19. “Cousins are not those we do not know but instead part of a family that also provide support and comfort.” – Byron Pulsifer
20. “The love of a cousin keeps you warm in the cold.” – Anonymous
21. “Nobody will understand the craziness of your family better than your cousins.” – Anonymous
22. “Cousins will help protect you from any negativity you come across.” – Anonymous
23. “Cousins are the friends that grow with you.” – Anonymous
24. “Cousins are the barometers of how fun a family get-together will be. Are the cousins going to be there? Fun.” – Jim Gaffigan
25. “Cousins are usually the first friends we have as children.” – Anonymous
Also read: Aunt Quotes, Uncle Quotes
Cousin Quotes That’ll Strengthen Your Bond With Them
26. “Cousins are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.” – Ed Cunningham
27. “A cousin is a ready-made friend for life.” – Anonymous
28. “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the cousins together.” – Woodrow Wilson
29. “Talking to your cousin is sometimes all the therapy you need.” – Anonymous
30. “Cousins are the best friends that will stomp through the mud with you as a child and hold your hand as an adult.” – Anonymous
31. “My cousin and I might not have it all together, but together we have it all.” – Anonymous
32. “My cousins are shareholders of my soul.” – Anonymous
33. “Our roots say we’re cousins. Our hearts say we’re friends.” – Anonymous
34. “Cousins are the friends you never knew you wanted, but that you want with you during the good and bad times.” – Anonymous
Short Cousin Quotes to Think About
35. “Friends are forever, cousins are for life!” – Anonymous
36. “A cousin sees the first tear, catches the second, and stops the third.” – Anonymous
37. “Cousins are friends that will love you forever.” – Constance Richards
38. “Born as a cousin, made as a friend.” – Byron Pulsifer
39. “In my cousin, I find a second self.” – Isabel Norton
40. “The love of a cousin holds a lifetime of memories.” – Anonymous
41. “Cousins make life more beautiful.” – Anonymous
42. “Never underestimate the power of a cousin.” – Anonymous
43. “Cousins—they’re your stars in the dark.” – Anonymous
44. “The love of a cousin is one of life’s greatest blessings.” – Anonymous
Cousin Quotes and Captions for Instagram
45. “A cousin a day keeps the boredom away.” – Anonymous
46. “Cousins by blood, friends by choice.” – Anonymous
47. “Happiness is having crazy cousins.” – Anonymous
48. “Cousins are many. Best friends are few. What a rare delight to find both in you.” – Anonymous
49. “Cousins? Nah, we’re best friends.” – Anonymous
50. “My cousin is my favorite partner in crime.” – Anonymous
51. “Cousin to cousin we’ll always be, special friends from the same family tree.” – Anonymous
52. “Win, lose, or draw, you’re all my cousins and I love you.” – Chill Wills
Funny Cousin Quotes
53. “God made us cousins because he knew our mothers could not handle us as siblings.” – Anonymous
54. “Cousins—obnoxious when we’re together, yet we don’t even care!” – Anonymous
55. “Mess with me and you mess with my cousins!” – Anonymous
56. “A lot of people would rather tour sewers than visit their cousins.” – Jane Howard
57. “Cousins are like fudge—mostly sweet with a few nuts.” – Anonymous
58. “Cousins are awesome. Well, mine are. I can’t speak for yours.” – Anonymous
59. “My cousin and I are more than friends. We’re like a tiny gang.” – Anonymous
Cousin Quotes That Will Make You Giggle
60. “If little kids had a People magazine, cousins would be on the cover.” – Jim Gaffigan
61. “Would I lay down my life to save my brother? No, but I would, to save two brothers or eight cousins.” – John B. S. Haldane
62. “Love my family, but my favorite are my cousins.” – Anonymous
63. “My cousin has the best cousin in the world.” – Anonymous
More Cousin Quotes to Enjoy
64. “You can always share your secrets with your cousins.” – Anonymous
65. “Many of my life’s moments have become memorable only because I have a cousin like you.” – Anonymous
66. “Cousins are the friends that are forced to share their toys with you.” – Anonymous
67. “Cousins have a unique position in our hearts, somewhere between closest friends and siblings in terms of importance.” – Anonymous
68. “You should always keep your cousins close because they know all your secrets.” – Anonymous
69. “Because I have a cousin, I will always have a friend.” – Anonymous
70. “A cousin is like a warm quilt wrapped around the heart.” – Anonymous
Do You Have a Close Relationship With Your Cousins Too?
For many people, cousins are our first best friends. After all, when we’re still young and have yet to explore the world, they would be our only playmates. We may bicker and fight with them, but at the end of the day, we still love them all the same.
Growing up with cousins is a blessing; aside from having best friends from day one, our cousins are also the ones who just get us, no questions asked. It may be hard to tell our parents or siblings what’s troubling us, and so, that’s where our cousins step in. They are the ones we look to for advice whenever we feel we can’t be 100% honest with the rest of our family yet.
People say that cousins are their own gang, and that’s not entirely false. In fact, cousins share many secrets, and whatever you do, they won’t judge you because you’re family.
With that, we hope these quotes were able to give justice to the kind of love and bond you can only find with your cousins. Whenever you miss them, feel free to reread these quotes and be reminded of your fondest childhood memories!
Who’s your favorite cousin? What did you learn from today’s collection? Comment your thoughts below.
2 thoughts on “70 Cousin Quotes on a Remarkable & Unbreakable Bond”
Just Lovely Thank you x
wow i really oved all of these.They really touched my heart.SO thank you.
Comments are closed.