We’re sure these wildflower quotes will teach you what it means to grow and thrive in the most unexpected and harshest of environments.
The world is a challenging place to navigate. But, like wildflowers, we must bloom and show off our beauty and strength, no matter what.
Though small in size, wildflowers pack a punch! In fact, there are more than 2,000 species, and they’re all colorful, fragrant, and beautiful in their own way.
More than that, wildflowers can be a metaphor for humanity.
Like a wildflower that’s short and small against the rest of nature, humans are so tiny compared to the magical things the world has to offer.
But, in the same way, both wildflowers and humans are made to be resilient, strong, and capable of growth.
So, if you’re curious about wildflowers and what we can learn from them, read through our list below. We’ve gathered some of our favorites that’ll inspire you to live life freely and happily!
And don’t forget to check out these cactus quotes.
Best Wildflower Quotes
1. “Wildflowers aren’t meant to be cut and tamed. They’re meant to be loved and admired.” – Anthony T. Hincks
2. “Wildflowers can’t be controlled, and neither can the girl with a soul boundless as the sky and a spirit as free and wild as the ocean.” – Melody Lee
3. “Make it so the poor are no longer despised and thrown away. Look at them standing about—like wildflowers, which have nowhere else to grow.” – Philip Yancey
4. “Very little grows on jagged rock. Be ground. Be crumbled, so wildflowers will come up where you are.” – Rumi
5. “Wildflowers adapt and bloom wherever they want. Be a wildflower.” – Aly Aubrey
6. “May your life be like a wildflower, growing freely in the beauty and joy of each day.” – Native American Proverb
7. “Dear outsiders, even the most beautiful of wildflowers are considered weeds in the wrong gardens—what another thinks of you does not dictate your value.” – Beau Taplin
Famous Wildflower Quotes
8. “They are wildflowers. They would not want a name.” – Silas House
9. “She is like a wildflower; beautiful, fierce, and free.” – Anonymous
10. “Almost every person, from childhood, has been touched by the untamed beauty of wildflowers.” – Lady Bird Johnson
11. “Wildflower corners are easy to maintain, but once gone, they are hard to rebuild.” – Aldo Leopold
12. “No matter what conditions look like around you, keep on believing, keep on persisting, keep on going, keep on growing. Just like wildflowers grow wherever they choose, no matter the conditions, be and be becoming all that you were created to be and become.” – Sandra C. Bibb
13. “The sunlight dances in her hair as she reaches for the sky. She loves the rain, her spirit is free, she is the most beautiful wildflower that grows by the sea.” – Christy Ann Martine
14. “Wildflowers, I envy them. They’re brave. seeds cast by the wind to land where they may, they stay and hold against most hot, most cold. They persevered, roots shallow yet fierce and free. They epitomize to me all that I sometimes yearn to be.” – Julie Andrews
Also read: Famous Quotes
Wildflower Quotes to Inspire Growth and Resilience
15. “Like a wildflower, she spent her days allowing herself to grow. Not many people knew of her struggle but, eventually, all knew of her light.” – Nikki Rowe
16. “Wildflowers don’t grow haphazardly us we are led to believe. They grow in fantastic patterns which are different to each of us you see.” – Anthony T. Hincks
17. “I was a wildflower that would continue to grow in the most unexpected weather.” – Taisha De Anza
18. “I hope you are blessed with a heart like a wildflower. Strong enough to rise again after being trampled upon, tough enough to weather the worst of summer storms, and able to grow and flourish even in the most broken places.” – Nikita Gill
19. “Let’s be wildflowers; let our souls be scattered by the wind. Let us grow, wild and free, tall and brave, in the places that we dream, in the places where our longings are filled. Let us grow between the cracks of brokenness, and we will make everything beautiful.” – G.C.
20. “Wildflowers are the loveliest of all because they grow in uncultivated soil, in those hard, rugged places where no one expects them to flourish. They are resilient in ways a garden bloom could never be. People are the same, son—the most exquisite souls are those who survive where others cannot. They root themselves, along with their companions, wherever they are, and they thrive.” – Micheline Ryckman
21. “Like wildflowers, you must allow yourself to grow in all the places people thought you never would.” – Lorde
22. “Here’s the thing about wildflowers—they take root wherever they are, grow strong through the wind, rain, pain, sunshine, blue skies, and starless nights they dance, even when it seems there is nothing worth dancing for they bloom with or without you.” – Alisha Christensen
23. “No matter what conditions look like around you—keep on believing, keep on persisting, keep on going, keep on growing. Just like wildflowers grow wherever they choose, no matter the conditions—be and be becoming all that you were created to be and become.” – Sandra C. Bibb
Wildflower Quotes That’ll Set You Free
24. “I think I like wildflowers best. They just grow wherever they want. No one has to plant them. And then their seeds blow in the wind and they find a new place to grow.” – Rebecca Donovan
25. “You belong among the wildflowers You belong in a boat out at sea You belong with your love on your arm You belong somewhere you feel free.” – Tom Petty
26. “I’m going to give you a handful of wildflowers so, each petal that falls will remind you that the earth breathes, and the moon rises.” – Carolyn Riker
27. “We are the bird’s eggs. Bird’s eggs, flowers, butterflies, rabbits, cows, sheep, we are caterpillars; we are leaves of ivy and springs of wildflower. We are women. We rise from the wave.” – Susan Griffin
28. “Now it looks no different from a patch of wildflowers growing in the forest. You could walk right by it, and never know it was there. Except that I do. It’s my landmark, now. I’ll always know how far I am from this spot. From her.” – Amie Kaufman
Beautiful Wildflower Quotes
29. “To see a world in a grain of sand and a heaven in a wildflower.” – William Blake
30. “Beautiful wildflower—be free and reach for the sun, live in all your colors, and grow so untamed.” – Butterflies Rising
31. “She beats to the beauty of her wildflower heart and seashore soul.” – Angie Weiland-Crosby
32. “If all flowers wanted to be roses, nature would lose her springtime beauty and the fields would no longer be decked out with little wildflowers.” – Therese of Lisieux
33. “Forever that girl who gets excited running through a wildflower meadow under a sugar coral sky.” – Labhandar Rós
34. “Magic exists. Who can doubt it, when there are rainbows and wildflowers, the music of the wind, and the silence of the stars? Anyone who has loved has been touched by magic. It is such a simple and such an extraordinary part of the lives we live.” – Nora Roberts
35. “‘Wildflowers?’ she asked, confused. ‘She said you liked them. She said to tell you to braid them into your hair.’” – Cat Patrick
36. “All that mattered was the hum of the bees and the chirp of birdsong, the way the sun gleamed on the edge of a blue wildflower, the distant bleat and clink of grazing goats.” – Alison Croggon
37. “I dream of a quiet man who explains nothing and defends nothing, but only knows where the rarest wildflowers are blooming, and who goes, and finds that he is smiling not by his own will.” – Wendell Berry
Also read: Lilac Quotes
Meaningful Wildflower Quotes for All the Dreamers
38. “Chase your wildflower dreams, because even the smallest buds can become something beautiful.” – C.V. Sutherland
39. “Love is like wildflowers; it’s often found in the most unlikely places.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
40. “No matter how chaotic it is, wildflowers will still spring up in the middle of nowhere.” – Sheryl Crow
41. “I hope you are blessed with a heart like a wildflower.” – Anonymous
Short Wildflower Quotes That’ll Make You Reflect
42. “There is poetry among the wildflowers.” – Rachel Irene Stevenson
43. “Wildflowers are the stuff of my heart.” – Lady Bird Johnson
44. “What a lonely place it would be to have a world without a wildflower!” – Roland R. Kemler
45. “Gather courage like wildflowers.” – Jak Major
46. “Wildflowers don’t care where they grow.” – Dolly Parton
47. “One person’s weed is another person’s wildflower.” – Susan Wittig Albert
48. “Even the tiniest of flowers can have the toughest roots.” – Shannon M. Mullen
Wildflower Quotes and Captions for Instagram
49. “I am a wildflower—beautiful, wild and free.” – Anonymous
50. “How do you press a wildflower into the pages of an e-book?” – Lewis Buzbee
51. “In a field of roses, I am a wildflower.” – Anonymous
52. “It is no use trying to improve on children’s names for wildflowers.” – Mary Hunter Austin
53. “She is a little wildflower with a lot of warrior underneath.” – Melody Lee
54. “Do you suppose she’s a wildflower?” – Lewis Carroll
Wildflower Quotes to Change the Way You See Life and the World
55. “To be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird’s nest or a wildflower in spring—these are some of the rewards of the simple life.” – John Burroughs
56. “Being preoccupied with our self-image is like being deaf and blind. It’s like standing in the middle of a vast field of wildflowers with a black hood over our heads.” – Pema Chodron
57. “It is easier to tell a person what life is not, rather than to tell them what it is. A child understands weeds that grow from lack of attention, in a garden. However, it is hard to explain the wildflowers that one gardener calls weeds, and another considers beautiful ground cover.” – Shannon L. Alder
58. “There are as many ways of loving as there are people, and that wildflower variety is the great beauty of this dimension of existence.” – Rumi
59. “Grief is like a wildflower. It can erupt from the ground anywhere it chooses, when it blossoms we must be careful not to step on it. Instead, we honor its existence and appreciate that love made it bloom.” – Zoe Clark-Coates
60. “I didn’t wave my daisy. I felt small, the way an ant must feel looking up at a field of wildflowers. I was nothing. I was trapped below flowers, buried under them, while girls like Lizzie Lovett danced overhead. That was life. We all have a place.” – Chelsea Sedoti
61. “I think that people tend to associate the word ‘wild’ with something that is used up and dirty; but I associate the word ‘wild’ with wildflowers, wild roses, things in fields that haven’t been hurt yet! So let’s be things in fields that have healed and that have grown. Let’s be wild.” – C. JoyBell C.
Wildflower Quotes That You Will Enjoy
62. “Man has created some lovely dwellings, some soul-stirring literature. He has done much to alleviate physical pain. But he has not created a substitute for a sunset, a grove of pines, the music of the winds, the dank smell of the deep forest, or the shy beauty of a wildflower.” – Harvey Broome
63. “My 20s were about exploring love and being a wildflower and trying to figure everything out. Now I’m not comfortable being that happy wildflower anymore, but I still don’t feel like a woman.” – Drew Barrymore
64. “In another time’s forgotten space, your eyes looked through your mother’s face, Wildflower seed on the sand and stone, may the four winds blow you safely home. Roll away the dew.” – Robert Hunter
65. “My friendship—it is not in my power to give a sound and healthy friendship is the growth of time and circumstance, it will spring up and thrive like a wildflower when these favours, and when they do not, it is in vain to look for it.” – William Wordsworth
More Wildflower Quotes for Everyone Who Adores Nature
66. “Let me drink from the waters where the mountain streams flood Let the smell of wildflowers flow free through my blood Let me sleep in your meadows with the green grassy leaves Let me walk down the highway with my brother in peace Let me die in my footsteps Before I go down under the ground.” – Bob Dylan
67. “Men do change, and change comes like a little wind that ruffles the curtains at dawn, and it comes like the stealthy perfume of wildflowers hidden in the grass.” – John Steinbeck
68. “The hills were alive with wildflowers and I was as wild, even wilder than they, for at least I could run.” – Dolly Parton
69. “To those whom the tree, the birds, the wildflowers represent only locked-up dollars have never known or really seen these things.” – Edwin Way Teale
70. “The smallest of them was sprawled on his belly, face buried in a mound of wildflowers.” – Sarah J. Mass
What’s Your Favorite Thing About Wildflowers?
From its very name, wildflowers are plants that grow—basically anywhere—without human aid. They are, in themselves, capable of growth and resilience, freedom, and beauty. These are the three main things we can learn from these incredible flowers.
For one, no matter how much people stomp on wildflowers, they continue to grow and get more vibrant each day. As in life, when we’re faced with ridicule and criticism, it’s so easy to just give up. But, let’s all remember that resilience is key to achieving more out of life.
Also, wildflowers are free flowers; they thrive wherever their seeds and pollen are taken by the wind. Like them, let us allow life to take us where we’re meant to go. Don’t be inhibited by fear of moving outside of your comfort zone because beyond that is where our lives would truly begin to unfold.
Beauty is another important thing we can learn from wildflowers—more specifically, finding beauty in our flaws. As wildflowers grow in rugged and possibly harsh areas, there are many possibilities of getting stepped on or smashed by the rocks. But, even with all the fallen petals and ripped leaves, they remain vibrant, beautiful, and thriving.
Nature indeed has a lot to offer us, and wildflowers might be one of the most special of all. So, if you need a reminder of what they stand for, feel free to revisit this list. Bookmark our collection and share it with your family and friends who need inspiration too!
Did you learn something new about wildflowers? Which flower would you like us to make a collection on next? Comment below!