Go back to your childhood days with these Willy Wonka quotes that will get you in the mood for your own chocolaty adventure!
Willy Wonka is a famous chocolatier, entrepreneur, and creator of the Wonka Chocolate Factory. He’s known for his unusual personality, love for chocolate, and mysterious life before the chocolate factory’s opening.
You might think that his life’s just happy and full of color. But, knowing Willy Wonka’s past will make him an even more relatable character for viewers.
Sometimes, when we see happy people, we think their lives are perfect. That’s not necessarily true. Like Willy Wonka, some people just try to show a happy facade when they’re struggling inside.
You’ll no doubt learn a thing or two from his backstory. Aside from that, he’ll also teach kids lots of lessons on self-control and patience. So, read on!
Continue to the collection below.
And don’t forget to check out these Charlie and the Chocolate Factory quotes.
Best Willy Wonka Quotes
1. Willy Wonka: “Don’t forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he wanted.”
Charlie Bucket: “What happened?”
Willy Wonka: “He lived happily ever after.”
2. “A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.”
3. Willy Wonka: “Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries, and the snozzberries taste like snozzberries.”
Veruca Salt: “Snozzberries? Who ever heard of a snozzberry?”
Willy Wonka: “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”
4. “So much time and so little to do. Wait a minute. Strike that. Reverse it.”
5. “So shines a good deed in a weary world.”
6. “If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it. Anything you want to do, do it; want to change the world, there’s nothing to it.”
7. “If the good Lord had intended us to walk, he wouldn’t have invented roller skates.”
8. “Time is a precious thing. Never waste it.”
9. “There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination. Living there, you’ll be free if you truly wish to be.”
10. Mrs. Gloop: “Don’t just stand there, do something!”
Willy Wonka: “Help. Police, Murder.”
Iconic Willy Wonka Quotes That’ll Take You Back to Your Childhood
11. “The suspense is terrible. I hope it’ll last.”
12. “It happens every time. They all become blueberries.”
13. “Oh, you should never, never, doubt what nobody is sure about.”
14. “Invention is 93% perspiration 6% inspiration 3% perspiration and 2% butterscotch ripple.”
15. “Where is fancy bred? In the heart or in the head?”
16. “Don’t argue, my dear child, please don’t argue! It’s such a waste of precious time!”
17. “No, no, don’t speak. For some moments in life, there are no words.”
18. Willy Wonka: “How did you like the chocolate factory, Charlie?”
Charlie Bucket: “I think it’s the most wonderful place in the whole world!”
Willy Wonka: “I’m very pleased to hear you say that because I’m giving it to you.”
Grandpa Joe: “You’re giving Charlie the—?”
Willy Wonka: “I can’t go on forever, and I don’t really want to try. So who can I trust to run the factory when I leave and take care of the Oompa Loompas for me? Not a grown-up. A grown-up would want to do everything his own way, not mine. So that’s why I decided a long time ago that I had to find a child. A very honest, loving child, to whom I could tell all my most precious candy-making secrets.”
19. “There’s no earthly way of knowing which direction they are going! There’s no knowing where they’re rowing or which way the river’s flowing! Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing, for the rowers keep on rowing, and they’re certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing.”
Willy Wonka Quotes for Fans of This Classic Movie
20. “Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.”
21. “Give it a little kick.”
22. “She was a bad egg.”
23. “You get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!”
24. “Welcome, my friends. Welcome to my chocolate factory.”
Willy Wonka Quotes That Will Keep You Entertained
25. “I think that furnace is only lit every other day, so they have a good sporting chance, haven’t they?”
26. “Is it my soul that calls upon my name?”
27. “So please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place, you can install a lovely bookshelf on the wall. Then fill the shelves with lots of books.”
More Willy Wonka Quotes to Complete Your Day
28. Mr. Salt: “What is this, Wonka? Some kind of funhouse?”
Willy Wonka: “Why? Are you having fun?”
29. “Everything in this room is edible. Even I’m edible. But that would be called cannibalism. It is looked down upon in most societies.”
30. “Of course, they’re real people. They’re Oompa-Loompas, imported directly from Loompaland. And oh, what a terrible country it is! Nothing but thick jungles infested by the most dangerous beasts in the world—hornswogglers and snozzwangers and those terrible wicked whangdoodles. A whangdoodle would eat ten Oompa-Loompas for breakfast and come galloping back for a second helping.”
If You Were Given a Chance to Go Inside Willy Wonka’s Factory, What Would You Do First?
People often think Willy Wonka is just a guy obsessed with making candies and chocolates. But, most people don’t know that Willy Wonka teaches us important lessons on patience and resisting temptation.
We can see in the movie that at every stage of his factory, one kid is always tempted to ignore the rules he established. It’s just showing us that our life’s temptations are everywhere. All we need to do is to resist it; otherwise, we will fall into a bad situation, just like what happened to the hard-headed children in the movie.
So, learn to be patient and resist temptation. In the end, you will be the one who benefits from following Willy Wonka’s advice.
With that, we hope that this list of Willy Wonka quotes was able to bring you back to your childhood days. Always keep this collection in mind whenever you need some words of wisdom from Willy Wonka!