Here are 35 Cristina Yang quotes that’ll help you become the best version of yourself that you can be!
Cristina Yang is one of the main characters in Grey’s Anatomy. While the show mainly focused on Meredith Grey, her growth, and her relationship with Derek Shepherd, if we look deeper, we can see just how vital Cristina’s presence is in the series.
There’s a unique but strong bond that can only be found through Cristina and Meredith’s friendship. They consider themselves to be each other’s sounding board, source of encouragement, and support system.
From the very first season, we get a glimpse of Cristina’s empowered persona, too. This trait continued to blossom, and she became stronger and more self-sufficient as the seasons passed.
Every woman in the world could learn a thing or two from Cristina. So, read on to find her best quotes from Grey’s Anatomy!
Best Cristina Yang Quotes
1. “I gotta go. You stay here. You are a gifted surgeon with an extraordinary mind. Don’t let what he wants eclipse what you need. He’s very dreamy, but he’s not the sun; you are.”
2. “Everything isn’t so perfectly right or perfectly wrong.”
3. “Being a hero has its price.”
4. “You’re a shark. All great surgeons are sharks. You see what you want. Do whatever it takes to get it like me. Don’t ever apologize. Sharks never apologize.”
5. “Sometimes, the future changes quickly and completely, and we’re left with only the choice of what to do next. We can choose to be afraid of it, to stand there trembling, not moving, assuming the worst that can happen, or we can step forward into the unknown and assume it will be brilliant.”
6. “There comes a point where it all becomes too much. When we get too tired to fight anymore. So we give up. That’s where the real work begins. To find hope where there seems to be absolutely none at all.”
7. “Well, we went through the scariest thing a person can go through, and we survived. So now, every day’s just a gift. And now, we’re all blessed. Blessed to be here, blessed to be doing what we do best, which is saving lives. Every day. One life at a time. We’re healed so that we can continue healing others.”
8. “If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the years, it’s that it only takes one person, one patient, one moment to change your life forever, to change your perspective, color your thinking.”
9. “Can everyone just accept the fact that there are some things that I like to keep to myself, and I don’t discuss everything to death?”
10. “The heart is an organ. It pumps, it circulates blood, and gets clogged from time to time. It does not, however, speak. It does not have tiny little lips on it.”
Cristina Yang Quotes to Inspire You
11. “Don’t give up on yourself.”
12. “If you want crappy things to stop happening to you, then stop accepting crap and demand something more.”
13. “Have some fire. Be unstoppable. Be a force of nature. Be better than anyone here, and don’t give a damn what anyone thinks. There are no teams here, no buddies. You’re on your own. Be on your own.”
14. “I won’t have time to talk to you. I’ll be too busy being better than you.”
15. “I’m sure it must feel as though everything is coming apart, but you can get through this.”
Cristina Yang Quotes That Are Dedicated to Meredith Grey
16. “She’s my person. If I murdered someone, she’s the person I’d call to help me drag the corpse across the living room floor. She’s my person.”
17. “I can’t go. We have to dance it out. That’s how we finish.”
18. “Being aware of your crap and actually overcoming your crap are two very different things.”
19. “Do not look for friends there; you won’t find them. None of them have the capacity to understand you—they never will.”
20. Cristina Yang: “Wait, we’ll call each other at least twice a month, and we’ll text each other all the time.”
Meredith Grey: “I hate texting.”
Cristina Yang: “Don’t let Owen get all dark and twisty. Take care of him. And Alex—take care of Alex. He needs to be mocked at least once a day, or he’ll be insufferable. Don’t get on any tiny little planes that can crash or stick your hand in a body cavity that has a bomb in it or off your life to a gunman. Don’t do that. Don’t be a hero. You’re my person. I need you alive. You make me brave. Okay, now we dance it out.”
Iconic Cristina Yang Quotes for Empowering Words
21. “Oh, screw beautiful. I’m brilliant. If you want to appease me, compliment my brain.”
22. “Pretty good is not enough; I wanna be great.”
23. “I can do hot in my sleep. I look hot in scrubs. I’m a hot person.”
24. “I’d say wish me luck, but I don’t need it.”
25. “It was an impossible decision, and I stand by it.”
26. “If he wants to hate me, then fine. I can’t make someone stay.”
27. “I’m not a spoon. I’m a knife, and I’m going to stab you in the eyeball.”
Funny Cristina Yang Quotes
28. “I don’t have a sour puss. This is just my face.”
29. “According to Google, you don’t exist.”
30. “First-year med students. Too dumb to find the toilet.”
31. “Baby steps don’t include multiple traumas.”
32. “Should I sleep, or should I shower? I could sleep in the shower, but I’m also starving.”
Cristina Yang Quotes From Grey’s Anatomy
33. “My guy’s a freaking fossil. The last time he was in an OR, it was lit by candles.”
34. “Running a code can be chaotic. Sometimes, the best thing you can do is know when to get out of the way.”
35. “People have babies all over the place: Taxi cabs, high school, bathrooms.”
Is Cristina Yang Your Favorite Grey’s Anatomy Character?
Cristina Yang is the kind of best friend we should all aspire to have. She’s empowered and intelligent and does not hesitate to wake you up and help you face reality.
In fact, she’s one of the main reasons Meredith Grey could keep moving forward through all the heartaches and pain she experienced in the show. Without Cristina, there would be a big part of Grey’s Anatomy that would be missing.
Through her example, we learn to strive for the best versions of ourselves, the importance of having ambition and being driven, and how to understand our self-worth. She doesn’t stop at just being good; Cristina instead strives to be the best out of all her colleagues.
Cristina Yang also pushes us to be greedy in achieving our goals. To succeed, we must know what we want, act toward it, and never give up!
Lastly, she helps us understand our value. As one of her most famous lines to Meredith goes, “He’s very dreamy, but he’s not the sun; you are.”
We might think we’ve found the love of our lives and that everything we do must revolve around them. However, remember that you are your own person; all you do should ensure you lead a happy, content, and fulfilling life—with or without a partner!