If you’re looking for some good vibes to lift your spirits, then these dolphin quotes are perfect for you!
Dolphins may swim through the water as gently as any fish, but they are mammals. They are also believed to be among the most intelligent animals on earth. You can see how great their minds work by understanding their communication techniques and actions.
So, read on to learn everything you need to know about dolphins!
We’re positive that the quotes below will help you understand how amazing and unique these mammals are.
Let’s dive in.
And make sure to check out these animal quotes and shark quotes.
Best Dolphin Quotes
1. “A dolphin’s smile is the greatest deception. It creates the illusion that they’re always happy.” – Ric O’Barry
2. “Imagine a dolphin dancing in the sky. Let it dance with joy. Think of yourself at the bottom of the ocean watching.” – Yoko Ono
3. “Dolphins may well be carrying information as well as functions critical to the regeneration of life upon our planet.” – Buckminster Fuller
4. “Dolphins are social mammals, capable of enjoying their lives. They form close bonds with other members of their group.” – Peter Singer
5. “The happiness of the bee and the dolphin is to exist. For man it is to know that and to wonder at it.” – Jacques Yves Cousteau
6. “Like a dolphin, I am graceful, powerful, and compassionate.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
7. “I felt such a deep connection with dolphins. I felt like they were the only ones who understood me.” – Lykke Li
8. “Dolphin can lead us to an understanding of how to live in harmony with the twin needs of individuality and cooperation. Dolphin carries balance, peace, joy, compassion, love, and power.” – Loren Cruden
9. “The voice of the dolphin in air is like that of the human, in that they can pronounce vowels and combinations of vowels.” – Aristotle
10. “Humans think they are smarter than dolphins because we build cars and buildings and star wars etc., and all that dolphins do is swim in the water, eat fish, and play around. Dolphins believe that they are smarter for exactly the same reasons.” – Douglas Adams
Cute Dolphin Quotes
11. “If I had to come back to life, I’d come back as a dolphin—they’re always smiling; they’re always playing.” – Nathan Phillips
12. “The dolphins need your help today so they can continue to swim and play.” – Anonymous
13. “Who doesn’t like dolphins? They’re like puppies.” – Austin Stowell
14. “When a dolphin swims into your life, then it’s time to add plenty of joy and playfulness into whatever you do.” – Millie Gemondo and Trish McGregor
15. “Dolphins speak to us of the rhythm of our emotions; breathing in joy before plunging into the depths and rushing to the surface to do it all over again.” – Anonymous
Great Dolphin Quotes to Give You More Knowledge About Them
16. “Among the sea-fishes many stories are told about the dolphin, indicative of his gentle and kind nature. It appears to be the fleetest of all animals, marine, and terrestrial, and it can leap over the masts of large vessels.” – Aristotle
17. “Dolphins are not automatic air-breathers like we are. Every breath is a conscious effort. If life becomes too unbearable, the dolphins just take a breath and they sink to the bottom. They don’t take the next breath.” – Ric O’Barry
18. “The dolphins and whales have a brain that is actually bigger in proportion to their size than we do. They are very complex. They are thinkers.” – Owsley Stanley
19. “Dolphins are incredibly intelligent creatures and sociable. Dolphins not only make us feel good and warm, but it also helps in conserving the ecosystem.” – Anonymous
20. “Dolphins have around 100 teeth, but they’re not used for chewing. They use them like fish hooks to grab fish in the water, but then swallow them whole.” – Anonymous
Dolphin Quotes for Those Interested in This Friendly Mammal
21. “I invite you to entertain some new beliefs about dolphins—that these Cetacea with huge brains are more intelligent than any man or woman.” – John C. Lilly
22. “There’s no question dolphins are smarter than humans as they play more.” – Albert Einstein
23. “Not only children but also adults love dolphins because they are so full of love, warmth, and cuteness.” – Anonymous
24. “There’s about as much educational benefit studying dolphins in captivity as there would be studying mankind by only observing prisoners held in solitary.” – Jacques Cousteau
25. “Ducks are sweet, crows are intelligent, but I prefer dolphins because they are both sweet and intelligent.” – Mehmet Murat İldan
26. “I feel at ease and, in an indefinable way, at home, when dolphins are around. I now know when they are nearby before they appear. I dream after they leave.” – Virginia Coyle
27. “To get rid of depression, I swim with dolphins.” – Patti Stanger
Funny Dolphin Quotes to Brighten Your Day
28. “Dolphins: animals that are so intelligent that, within a few weeks of captivity, they can train a man to stand on the edge of their pool and throw them food three times a day.” – Hal Roach
29. “It is of interest to note that while some dolphins are reported to have learned English—up to 50 words used in correct context—no human being has been reported to have learned dolphinese.” – Carl Sagan
30. “When I see a dolphin, I know it’s just as smart as I am.” – Captain Beefheart
31. “You can’t get a dolphin. What are you gonna do, like, put it in your pool?” – Miley Cyrus
32. “Dolphins and sharks are natural enemies. Dolphins are like, ‘Quit eating us,’ and sharks are like, ‘Stop smiling all the time, you morons.’” – Dan Florence
Poetic Dolphin Quotes That’ll Make You Ponder
33. “Out at sea for a year, floating free from all fear. Every day blowin’ spray, in a dolphin’s smile.” – The Byrds
34. “What can books of men that live in a dragon-guarded land. Paintings of the dolphin-drawn
sea-nymphs in their pearly wagons. Do, but awake a hope to live?” – William Butler Yeats
35. “The singing of flutes gently animates the dolphin, in the depths of the waveless sea.” – Pindar
36. “His delights were dolphin-like. They showed his back above, the element they lived in.” – William Shakespeare
37. “I wish you could swim like the dolphins, like dolphins can swim.” – David Bowie
Dolphin Quotes to Celebrate Their Existence
38. “There is no other sight as beautiful as seeing dolphins jumping with joy in the oceans and if you have seen it, you are truly lucky. Happy Dolphin Day.” – Anonymous
39. “Dolphin Day reminds each one of us that together we can keep dolphins safe and happy and have our coming generations play with them.” – Anonymous
40. “Dolphins are friendly and adorable and that’s why they make such cute friends to humans. Let us protect them together. Warm wishes on Dolphin Day.” – Anonymous
41. “The least we can do for dolphins is protect them from getting extinct, protect them from all the threats to their lives. Happy National Dolphin Day.” – Anonymous
42. “Spotting a dolphin is something we all wish for when we are in the middle of the ocean and only the blessed ones get to experience it. Happy Dolphin Day.” – Anonymous
Short Dolphin Quotes and Captions for Your Social Media Posts
43. “Keep calm and love dolphins.” – Anonymous
44. “Trust me, I’m a dolphin.” – Anonymous
45. “Dolphins are my spirit animal.” – Anonymous
46. “Cheers to the dolphins who always make us all smile.” – Anonymous
47. “Let us shower dolphins with love.” – Anonymous
48. “Dolphins make amazing friends with humans.” – Anonymous
49. “You did that on porpoise.” – Anonymous
50. “I’m not just smart. I’m dolphin smart.” – Anonymous
More Dolphin Quotes and Sayings
51. “No aquarium, no tank in Marine Land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.” – Jacques Yves Cousteau
52. “To the dolphin alone, beyond all other, nature has granted what the best philosophers seek: friendship for no advantage.” – Plutarch
53. “There is something about dolphins. It is difficult to put into words.” – Mark Carwardine
54. “We do well to remember dolphins. If a dolphin fails, then others come alongside and nudge him gently through the waters; because a dolphin must keep moving in order to keep breathing. We all need our dolphins alongside us from time to time.” – Frank Delaney
55. “Curiously enough, the dolphins had long known of the impending destruction of the planet Earth and had made many attempts to alert mankind of the danger; but most of their communications were misinterpreted as amusing attempts to punch footballs or whistle for tidbits, so they eventually gave up and left the Earth by their own means.” – Douglas Adams
56. “Teach an eagle to fly, a dolphin to swim.” – Latin proverb
57. “The dolphin in tungsten leaps, and then again with a belly raised to a marmalade sky; and another whirl—free like a rust-toned crane. Breaths in awe, an enchantment is my reply.” – Nette Onclaud
58. “Each minute wasted with a shark is a missed opportunity to enjoy being with a dolphin.” – Miguel Reynolds Brandão
59. “Like a dolphin which is happy even in the middle of giant waves and horrible storms, a wise man is also happy even in the middle of a chaotic world!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
60. “A pair of dolphins swept by us in the water, flicking their heads out to get a look at us as they went. One of them made a chattering sound that wasn’t very melodic. The other twitched its tail and splashed a little water our way, all in good fun.” – Jim Butcher
Have You Ever Seen These Majestic and Friendly Creatures?
Dolphins are very fast swimmers and are very playful. They have many unique characteristics, making them very intelligent creatures.
They are also very friendly to humans and other wildlife creatures. When you see a dolphin, it appears like they always have a smile on their faces. Apart from that, dolphins can be seen swooping out of the water, riding waves, playing, and interacting with swimmers.
Indeed, this lovely mammal teaches us valuable lessons that we can apply in our daily lives. Like dolphins, let’s always be happy in the smallest and simplest ways. Remember to keep smiling and have playful moments even when the waves of life try to throw you off.
Which quotes piqued your interest? Do you have any more good quotes to share? Comment them down below!