Here are the top 50 shark quotes that will make you appreciate and love the existence of this large and dangerous predator!
Sharks are the largest and most terrifying-looking fish in the sea. They have a streamlined body that allows them to swim through the water easily. As top predators in the ocean, they are vital for maintaining a healthy food web.
With them being present even before the dinosaurs’ age, we’re sure you’ll learn some meaningful lessons from them!
With that, we’ve gathered the funniest, most amusing, and most informative shark quotes to better understand them.
Don’t forget to take notes on the life lessons you’ll learn from sharks!
And make sure to read these animal quotes and dolphin quotes.
Best Shark Quotes
1. “Sharks are beautiful animals, and if you’re lucky enough to see lots of them, that means that you’re in a healthy ocean. You should be afraid if you are in the ocean and don’t see sharks.” – Sylvia Earle
2. “Sharks aren’t the monsters we make them out to be.” – Yasmine Hamdi
3. “The only thing on the mind of a shark is to eat.” – Lil Wayne
4. “We provoke a shark every time we enter the water where sharks happen to be, for we forget: The ocean is not our territory, it’s theirs.” – Peter Benchley
5. “The shark is the apex predator in the sea. Sharks have molded evolution for 450 million years. All fish species that are prey to the sharks have had their behavior, their speed, their camouflage, their defense mechanisms molded by the shark.” – Paul Watson
6. “Sharks are among the most perfectly constructed creatures in nature. Some forms have survived for 200 million years.” – Eugenie Clark
7. “Sharks are the lions of the sea. They glamorize the oceanic glory.” – Munia Khan
8. “The chances of that shark attacking you in any way is so remote. The sea should be enjoyed, the animals in it. When you see a shark underwater, you should say, ‘How lucky I am to see this beautiful animal in his environment!’” – Eugenie Clark
9. “I am a shark, the ground is my ocean, and most people can’t even swim.” – Rickson Gracie
10. “Sharks are being driven to extinction because people want to eat their fins and their flesh.” – Barbara Block
Inspiring Shark Quotes That We Can All Learn From
11. “I just believe that sometimes in life you’re like a shark—you have to keep moving through water; otherwise, you’ll die.” – Michelle Ryan
12. “Advice from a shark—take a bite out of life. Stay active. Fin for yourself. Live Fiercely. Stay sharp!” – Anonymous
13. “By nature, I keep moving, man. My theory is, be the shark. You’ve just got to keep moving. You can’t stop.” – Brad Pitt
14. “Sharks never stop swimming; that’s when they die. You gotta keep moving.” – Reggie Miller
15. “I’m not saying that everyone should swim with sharks, but sometimes you have to jump over your own shadow in order to learn something that you will never forget for the rest of your life. Then you know you can conquer your fears.” – Heidi Klum
Funny Shark Quotes
16. “Interesting fact: a shark will only attack you if you’re wet.” – Sean Lock
17. “I’m afraid of sharks—but only in a water situation.” – Demetri Martin
18. “People don’t need to be scared. I tickle sharks. I do, when they swim by.” – Michael Muller
19. “You know the most dangerous thing in the water? A shark fart.” – Gary Busey
20. “Sharks—I’m sure they’re going to get me one day.” – Alex Horne
21. “Many people continue to think of sharks as man-eating beasts. Sharks are enormously powerful and wild creatures, but you’re more likely to be killed by your kitchen toaster than a shark!” – Ted Danson
22. “This shark is in the water! Be silly to see a shark flying around!” – Conan O’Brien
23. “Turns out, I couldn’t catch them—or even get close to them. I realized that sharks are amazing, beautiful animals who have absolutely no interest in checking me out.” – Malin Akerman
24. “You don’t have to swim faster than the shark, just faster than the person you’re with.” – Kevin Nealon
25. “Sharks are like dogs. They only bite when you touch their private parts.” – Rob Schneider
Also read: Funny Quotes
Shark Quotes for Everyone Who’s Interested in These Creatures
26. “But as they say about sharks, it’s not the ones you see that you have to worry about, it’s the ones you don’t see.” – David Blaine
27. “I don’t think there’s such a thing as an unprovoked shark attack.” – Peter Benchley
28. “You’re more likely to drown in the sea of sameness than get eaten by a shark while navigating new waters.” – Amy Jo Martin
29. “If in shark-infested waters, don’t assume the fin coming toward you is a dolphin.” – Mary Russel
30. “Somewhere in the ocean, a shark was missing its cold eyes because this man had them.” – Steve Hamilton
31. “Sharks have been swimming the oceans unchallenged for thousands of years; chances are, the species that roam corporate waters will prove just as hardy.” – Eric Gelman
32. “A shark feels no sorrow, no remorse, hopes for nothing, dreams of nothing, has no illusions about itself or anything beyond itself.” – Rick Yancey
33. “Almost any shark, three or four feet long, could kill a human being if it chose to do it. It could make you bleed to death. But they don’t.” – Peter Benchley
34. “Sharks are really serious animals. They’ve been around longer than dinosaurs. They’re basically prehistoric killing machines, and that’s terrifying and fascinating, at the same time.” – Sara Paxton
35. “Remove the predators, and the whole ecosystem begins to crash like a house of cards. As the sharks disappear, the predator-prey balance dramatically shifts, and the health of our oceans declines.” – Brian Skerry
Shark Quotes to Make You Think Twice Before Going in the Water
36. “I have a ridiculous fear of sharks but I’d jump in the water in a second for an amazing role.” – Kate Mara
37. “I’ve seen sharks in the ocean, it hasn’t made me get out of the ocean; that’s for sure.” – Luke Hemsworth
38. “A shark in a fish tank will grow eight inches but in the ocean, it will grow eight feet or more. The shark will never outgrow its environment and the same is true about you.” – Anonymous
39. “Sharks have a bad rep, but the truth is you have a greater chance of a vending machine falling on you than you do a shark attack.” – Katy Lee
40. “The shark heart slows down in the cold, just as our own heart would. But what sets it apart is where our heart would simply stop, the salmon shark keeps on ticking.” – Barbara Block
More Shark Quotes and Sayings
41. “Sharks are the criminals of the sea. Dolphins are the outlaws.” – Tony Robbins
42. “Sharks don’t swim backward.” – Anonymous
43. “All sharks were born swimming.” – Rebecca McNutt
44. “In a world full of fish, be the shark.” – Anonymous
45. “Sharks are intelligent creatures.” – Ronnie Christensen
46. “Sharks are naturally peaceful.” – George Wing
47. “Humans are a much greater threat to sharks than sharks are to humans.” – Nicholas Boxer
48. “I’m just a simple guy swimming in a sea of sharks.” – Don Johnson
49. “Sharks don’t target human beings, and they certainly don’t hold grudges.” – Peter Benchley
50. “Sharks hug with their mouths.” – Anonymous
Also read: Dinosaur Quotes
What Is It About Sharks That You Admire the Most?
Sharks come in many different shapes and sizes. They can taste, see, hear, and touch but primarily use their smell to find food.
When it comes to attacking an opponent, most sharks eat their prey whole or tear off large chunks of their bodies. They also bite people out of curiosity or to protect themselves from a perceived threat, or even because they confuse a human with prey.
Sharks are feared throughout the world. However, these creatures are not all bad and dangerous. We’d go far as to say that sometimes, sharks are more in danger of humans than humans are of sharks.
Despite being regarded as one of the world’s most feared sea mammals, these magnificent creatures teach us to keep moving forward to achieve our goals and desires, just as they do to pursue their prey without giving up. They serve as a reminder to be active in our lives and pursue our dreams with zeal.
So, did you enjoy reading our collection? Which quotes are your favorites? Participate in the discussion below!