Get to know a deeper side of the Winnie-the-Pooh series through these top 35 Eeyore quotes.
Coming from your childhood memories, Eeyore might have been just a sad, lonely character.
But there’s actually a lot of insight and sense into his personality that a lot of adults can relate to and understand.
So, if you’re curious to know what life lessons you can learn from this sometimes played down character from your beloved childhood classic, then be sure to read the full list below.
Start reading the complete collection here.
Best Eeyore Quotes
1. “I’m not going to do nothing any more.”
2. “Wish I could say yes, but I can’t.”
3. “It’s not much of a tail, but I’m sort of attached to it.“
4. “A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.”
5. “End of the road. Nothing to do, and no hope of things getting better.”
6. “There are those who will wish you good morning. If it is a good morning, which I doubt.”
7. “After all, one can’t complain. I have my friends. Somebody spoke to me only yesterday. And was it last week or the week before that Rabbit bumped into me and said ‘Bother!’ The Social Round. Always something going on.”
8. “You don’t always want to be miserable on my birthday, do you?”
9. “It’s all for naught.”
Famous Eeyore Quotes
10. “Don’t blame me if it rains.”
11. “The nicest thing about the rain is that it always stops. Eventually.”
12. “They’re funny things, accidents. You never have them till you’re having them.”
13. “I was so upset, I forgot to be happy.”
14. “No, but I sure do like this new tail.”
15. “It’s snowing, still. And freezing. However, we haven’t had an earthquake lately.”
16. “Could be worse. Not sure, but it could be.”
17. “Days. Weeks. Months. Who knows?”
18. “Nobody tells me. Nobody keeps me informed. I make it 17 days come Friday since anybody spoke to me.”
19. “They made me catch a cold I caught.”
20. “The sky has finally fallen. Always knew it would.”
21. “Yup, I know how that feels.”
Eeyore Quotes to Make You Think
22. “When stuck in the river, it is best to dive and swim to the bank yourself before someone drops a large stone on your chest in an attempt to hoosh you there.”
23. “Most likely lose it again, anyway.”
24. “We can look for the North Pole, or we can play ‘Here we go gathering Nuts in May’ with the end part of an ants’ nest. It’s all the same to me.”
25. “Not much of a house, just right for a not much of a donkey.”
26. ”I’d say thistles, but nobody listens to me, anyway.”
27. ”Sure is a cheerful color. Guess I’ll have to get used to it.”
28. ”It’s an awful nice tail, Kanga. Much nicer than the rest of me.”
29. “Might take a day or two, but I’ll find a new one.”
More Eeyore Quotes
30. “I’m telling you. People come and go in this forest, and they say, ‘It’s only Eeyore, so it doesn’t count.’”
31. “My mistake again. I thought you were saying how sorry you were about my tail, being all numb, and could you do anything to help?”
32. “Could you ask your friend to do his exercises somewhere else? I shall be having lunch directly, and don’t want it bounced on just before I begin. A trifling matter, and fussy of me, but we all have our little ways.”
33. “If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient.”
34. “Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon.”
35. “And many happy returns to you, Pooh Bear.”
Did These Eeyore Quotes Help You Understand That There’s Always a Light at the End of the Tunnel?
No one ever lives life always at the top—with abundance of happiness, material wants, and love. However, that doesn’t mean that you’ll always be held down by challenges and roadblocks forever, either. Eeyore teaches us that it’s okay to not feel happy all the time.
As long as we have friends who stick by us through the ups and the downs, in the end, everything will be okay.
This is a reminder to not get too attached to the little things—to look ahead and onwards, because at the end of the day, life will turn out how it’s supposed to. All that matters is that we’re together with our loved ones and that we have people we can rely on no matter what we face in life.