If you’re a fan of stories that revolve around vampires and werewolves, you’ll no doubt be captivated by this list of Klaus MIkaelson quotes.
Having watched The Vampire Diaries, we’re sure you’ve encountered Klaus Mikaelson at one point or another. After all, he was one of the main antagonists in the series.
Klaus is also the main protagonist of The Originals, which allows us to gain perspective into his background. He’s a half-vampire and a half-werewolf, making him the Original Hybrid.
Though powerful, Klaus Mikaelson is a recluse who keeps to himself and his inner circle. In the story, we also see him battling for hundreds of years to find a way to lift his curse.
Klaus appears cruel and has little to no regard for human life. However, he feels guilt and pain for a lot of the inhumane actions he has committed.
Get to know him better through this list of quotes. We have the best ones to teach you about life, love, and family!
Best Klaus Mikaelson Quotes
1. “You can’t win a war without a few strategic losses, no matter how regrettable they may be.”
2. “You know, over the years, I’ve had my share of friends, enemies, lovers, losses, and triumphs. With time, they all begin to run together, but you will find the real moments are vibrant. The rest just fades away. Your pain will fade.”
3. “What is done is never undone. It remains within ourselves—a story we tell ourselves so that we know who we are.”
4. “In every moment, a choice exists. We can cling to the past or embrace the inevitability of change and allow a brighter future to unfold before us. Such an uncertain future may call for even more uncertain allies. Either way, a new day is coming whether we like it or not. The question is will you control it, or will it control you?”
5. “You don’t arm yourself after the war has been declared, Stephan. You build your army so big that no one dares pick the fight.”
6. “There is beauty in the courage of the fragile fighter. Those that persevere—despite all they’ve been through; those who still believe there is good in the world. As dark things, we often find we need that light the most.”
Klaus Mikaelson Quotes About Love and Family
7. “He’s your first love. I intend to be your last, however long it takes.”
8. “What’s worth dying for if not love?”
9. “You never learned that the bonds of family far outweigh anything else. Such bonds trump petty jealousies, they overcome great feuds, and yes, they even allow one monster to pardon the great sins of another.”
10. “Family are not just people who coddle you, who grant you your every whim. They are people who fight for you, who you fight for.”
11. “Family can be more than just those with whom we share blood. We can choose.”
12. “A warrior fights for what they believe in. A warrior fights for his family.”
13. “From all the poems written on the subject of unrequited love, there are so few on the pain of being the object of that affection. The truth is, it’s not love on which the strongest foundations are built. It’s the decency of merciful lies.”
14. “There’s no power in love! Mercy makes you weak! Family makes you weak!”
15. “Every soul who wishes you harm will be struck down; just as sure as my blood runs in your veins, you will return to me. I love you, Hope.”
16. “Hayley, this family comes with many hardships, but there is one benefit. You will always have a home here.”
Klaus Mikaelson Quotes About Pain and Loneliness
17. “As you may yet to realize, Cami, the line between what brings us pain and what sustains us is far thinner than one imagines.”
18. “They say the passage of time will heal all wounds, but the greater the loss, the deeper the cut, and the more difficult the process to become whole again. The pain may fade, but scars serve as a reminder of our suffering and make the bearer all the more resolved never to be wounded again. So as time moves along, we get lost in distractions, act out in frustration, react with aggression, and give in to anger, and all the while, we plot and plan as we wait to grow stronger, and before we know it, the time passes. We are healed. Ready to begin anew.”
19. “Loneliness, Stephan. That’s why you and I memorialize our dead. There’s the briefest of moments before we kill, where we literally hold their life in our hands and then rip it away, and we’re left with nothing. So gathering other people’s letters or writing their names on a wall, is a reminder that in the end, we’re left infinitely and utterly alone.”
20. “If by Hell you mean somewhere you are betrayed by those you hold most dear, then it’s from Hell I’ve just come.”
Klaus Mikaelson Quotes on Life
21. “Well, life’s full of ifs, Stefan. But let’s accentuate the positives, shall we?”
22. “After 1,000 years, one might expect life to be less keenly felt, for its beauties and its sorrows to diminish with time.”
23. “Over the course of my life, I’ve encountered no shortage of those who would presume to speak of good and evil. Such terms mean nothing. People do what is in their best interest.”
24. “End of the day, human life is just a means to an end. Our means to our end.”
25. “The world is a rather awful place; best to meet it on its own terms.”
Deep Klaus Mikaelson Quotes to Make You Think Twice
26. “You know, it’s funny how often a person’s sharp tongue can end up cutting their own throat.”
27. “It is true you are a minor player, though it only takes one match to burn down acres of forest.”
28. “A mutual law of nature is the strong always take from the weak.”
Niklaus Mikaelson Quotes That Are Just Plain Evil
29. “Don’t underestimate the allure of the darkness. Even the purest hearts are drawn to it.”
30. “Is it evil to take what one wants—to satisfy hunger even if doing so will cause another suffering? What some would call evil, I believe to be an appropriate response to a harsh and unfair world.”
31. “Death dances silently in everyone’s shadow, and she doesn’t give a damn. So why give a damn about her?”
32. “You rant and rave about the monster I have become, but you, Mother—you are the author of everything I am.”
More Klaus Mikaelson Quotes for Fans of The Originals
33. “We were innocent once. This bloodlust was forced upon us by our parents, turning us from prey to predator. We are the demons lurking in the shadow, We are the savage villains in fairy tales told to children. But not for my child. Not for Hope. In her story, we are the knights in shining armor. Without you by my side, I don’t think I can survive my own love for my daughter. I need you. I need you, brother. The monster in me can only be checked by the monster in you. Only together can we defeat our demons and save our family.”
34. “My dearest Hope, I do not know how this will find you. Please remember that you are the legacy this family has always desired. The promise we fought to protect. You are and always will be our hope.”
35. “I’ve been known to go too far to make a point, but I do always get results.”
What Lessons From Klaus Mikaelson Will You Start Living By?
For those who have yet to watch The Vampire Diaries and The Originals in full, Klaus Mikaelson might seem like your typical ruthless villain. After all, he’s sadistic, has no regard for human life, and is incredibly easy to anger.
There’s no excuse for committing evil deeds. However, Klaus’s actions are all products of the emotional and physical abuse he received from his so-called father, Mikael, and the indifference and rejection of his mother, Esther.
His pain was heightened when he became a vampire, and it was hard for him to control his anger. This led him to kill his mother and shut himself off to no one but his family.
He was out for vengeance, and his need for revenge controlled all his actions. Ultimately, this is what molded Klaus Mikaelson’s character in both series.
Yet, though he had strong feelings of anger and vengeance, Klaus still knew and recognized love. He had a soft spot for his sister, Rebekah, and found true love in Caroline.
No matter how evil Klaus Mikaelson’s actions are, let’s not forget that most villains have a sad backstory that pushes them to act a certain way. With that, we hope this collection was able to give you a better understanding of the rationale of his actions and thoughts!