If you’re a fan of all things supernatural, you’ll undoubtedly enjoy these The Vampire Diaries quotes!
The Vampire Diaries, which true fans call TVD, is a series aired on The CW. Its plot was based on L.J. Smith’s novel series of the same title.
The show was so successful that it became one of the most-watched shows on the network. This feat is no surprise, as people are usually suckers for anything that involves romance, the supernatural, and teenage drama.
TVD’s main protagonists are Elena, a teenage human girl, and Stefan and Damon, vampire brothers at odds with each other. The story starts off simply with them as the main stars.
However, with the story’s development, we get introduced to more characters like Klaus, Katherine, and more. Some people who were originally humans turned into vampires, too!
With love being one of the main themes, The Vampire Diaries is no doubt a series you shouldn’t miss out on! Check out our collection below and be transported to the world of the supernatural.
Best The Vampire Diaries Quotes
1. “We choose our own path. Our values and our actions, they define who we are.” – Stefan Salvatore
2. “You want what everyone wants. You want a love that consumes you. You want passion, and adventure, and maybe even a little danger.” – Damon Salvatore
3. “The real animal is still out there. Waiting for me, challenging me to fight back to stop him. But how do I stop the monster without becoming one myself?” – Stefan Salvatore
4. “Smiling doesn’t always mean you’re happy. Sometimes it simply means that you are a strong person.” – Elena Gilbert
5. “All you can do is be ready for the good, so when it comes, you invite it in. Because you need it. I need it.” – Elena Gilbert
6. “What difference does it make? Because in the end, when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is a hole in your life where that somebody that you cared about used to be.” – Damon Salvatore
7. “You’re going to think that the pain will never end, but it will. But first, you have to let it all in. You can’t fight it, it’s bigger than you. You have to let yourself drown in it, but then eventually you’ll start to swim, and every single breath that you fight for will make you stronger.” – Elena Gilbert
Iconic TVD Quotes to Keep In Mind
8. “There’s more to me than just gloomy graveyard girl.” – Elena Gilbert
9. “We both know the closest you’ll ever get to humanity is when you rip it open and feed on it.” – Damon Salvatore
10. “New rule: you live your life, you heal, and in the meantime, we’re friends.” – Stefan Salvatore
11. “We met, and we talked, and it was epic. Then the sun came up, and reality set in.” – Elena Gilbert
12. “You’re my brother. I’m not gonna give up on you. I never will.” – Stefan Salvatore
The Vampire Diaries Quotes on Love
13. “Life is too cruel; if we cease to believe in love, why would we want to live?” – Katherine Pierce
14. “He’s your first love. I intend to be your last, however long it takes.” – Klaus Mikaelson
15. “And honestly, when I’m with her, I completely forget what I am.” – Stefan Salvatore
16. “Love’s always going to require a huge leap of faith. A big, scary leap over a hot pit of lava. And, you might end up heartbroken, but you might be the happiest person on the face of the earth.” – Josette Parker
17. “You don’t know what it’s like being in love with you. You know, when you and I were together, every single atom in my body told me that it was the right thing, that we were a perfect fit. And that kind of love, it can change your whole life.” – Stefan Salvatore
18. “Anybody capable of love is capable of being saved.” – Caroline Forbes
19. “I just have to say it once. You just need to hear it. I love you, Elena. And it’s because I love you that I can’t be selfish with you—why you can’t know this. I don’t deserve you, but my brother does. God, I wish you don’t have to forget this. But, you do.” – Damon Salvatore
20. “I want to thank you for giving me everything I ever wanted. A love that consumed me, adventure, passion, there’s nothing more that I could have asked for except for it to last forever.” – Elena Gilbert
Sad TVD Quotes That’ll Make You Emotional
21. “I’m not doing so great without you. I keep trying to start over, but I can’t get anywhere because I’m lost.” – Stefan Salvatore
22. “When you lose someone, it stays with you. Always reminding you of how easy it is to get hurt.” – Elena Gilbert
23. “I used to think the worst feeling in the world was losing someone you love, but I was wrong. The worst feeling in the world is the moment that you realize you’ve lost yourself.” – Elena Gilbert
24. “I’ve been in love. It’s painful, pointless, and overrated.” – Damon Salvatore
25. “What happens when the one who broke your heart is the only one who can fix it?” – Damon Salvatore
26. “No matter how much I missed you or how much pain I was in, I never would have erased everything we ever had. Even if I was drowning in grief, I’d rather hang on to every moment that I ever held you, or every laugh I ever heard, every shred of happiness that we ever had. I would rather spend every moment in agony than erase the memory of you.” – Damon Salvatore
The Vampire Diaries Quotes About Life
27. “Life isn’t about your final moments; it’s about the moments that led up to them.” – Stefan Salvatore
28. “The first rule of truly living: do the thing you are most afraid of.” – Rebekah Mikaelson
29. “You can’t just sit there and wait for life to come to you; you have to go get it.” – Damon Salvatore
30. “One day, you’re going to have to stop pretending everything’s okay.” – Elena Gilbert
31. “Our actions are what set things in motion, but we have to live with that.” – Elena Gilbert
Short TVD Quotes for a Fresh Perspective
32. “Sometimes, the world turns good people into bad people.” – Klaus Mikaelson
33. “Kiss me or kill me. We both know you’re only capable of one.” – Katherine Pierce
34. “Love bends the rules of possible.” – Qetsiyah
35. “If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.” – Caroline Forbes
36. “It’s not a crime to love what you cannot explain.” – Klaus Mikaelson
Funny TVD Quotes to Add Color to Your Day
37. “There is no such thing as bad ideas—just poorly executed awesome ideas.” – Damon Salvatore
38. “Excuse me. To whom it may concern, you’re making a big mistake if you think that you can beat me. You can’t.” – Elijah Mikaelson
39. “It’s called dignity. Have some. It’s free.” – Bonnie Bennett
40. “When people see good, they expect good, and I don’t want to live up to anyone’s expectations.” – Damon Salvatore
41. “You better watch your back because I may just need to go get a hero hairdo of my own and steal your thunder.” – Damon Salvatore
More The Vampire Diaries Quotes for Fans of the Supernatural
42. “Don’t underestimate the allure of darkness. Even the purest hearts are drawn to it.” – Klaus Mikaelson
43. “I live in the real world, where vampires burn in the sun.” – Damon Salvatore
44. “Mother made us vampires. She didn’t make us monsters. We did that to ourselves.” – Elijah Mikaelson
45. “Perhaps one day, in a year, or even in a century, you’ll turn up at my door and let me show you what the world has to offer.” – Klaus Mikaelson
What Aspect of The Vampire Diaries Did You Love the Most?
With The Vampire Diaries being one of the most-watched shows, there’s no doubt that it has earned its cult following. Avid fans of the series have different reasons they love the show, and we’re sure you have your own, too.
For one, some love the ever-changing plot and the evolution of the different characters. You can never guess how the story will come to a close, nor who will end up with who!
However, most TVD fans love it because of the lessons they can get through the characters. After all, everyone has their own piece to say about life, love, and morals.
In The Vampire Diaries, even antagonists like Katherine know how vital love is in life. She says, “If we cease to believe in love, why would we want to live?”
Stefan also says, “Life isn’t about your final moments; it’s about the moments that led up to them.” This piece of wisdom helps us see the beauty of living in the present and building memories that will last a lifetime.
Indeed, The Vampire Diaries is a must-watch for people who want some valuable life lessons and those who just want to entertain themselves with the supernatural. Remember the morals you’ve learned in this collection whenever you watch the series again!