These lake quotes will inspire you to be calm and clear like the lake’s still water.
A lake is a place where we can find peace and relaxation. Imagine the fresh air, cool breeze, and calming water—there’s no doubt that spending time there makes us relax and takes us away from the stressful city life. The lake is so relaxing that just by watching, it soothes our troubles away and recharges our souls.
By spending some time by the lake, we learn how vital nature is to our overall well-being. Moreover, there are many other things that this body of water can teach us.
So, don’t miss out on our lake quotes that will surely make you reflect on life!
Start reading here.
Best Lake Quotes
1. “A lake is a landscape’s most beautiful and expressive feature. It is Earth’s eye. Looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his own nature.” – Henry David Thoreau
2. “A little tranquil lake is more significant to my life than any big city in the world.” – Munia Khan
3. “If the lake sees the ocean, it will want big waves! If the ocean sees the lake, it will want calm days that last for years!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
4. “Looking out over the lake, I felt enveloped in the most peaceful, loving utopia.” – Laurie Kahn
5. “A lake carries you into recesses of feeling otherwise impenetrable.” – William Wordsworth
6. “Make your heart like a lake with a calm, still surface and great depths of kindness.” – Lao Tzu
7. “Of all the paths you take in life, make some lead to the lake.” – Anonymous
8. “Every lake belongs to the quietness desired by the swans.” – Munia Khan
9. “Stay close to the serenity of a lake to meet your own peace of mind.” – Munia Khan
10. “Not every lake dreams to be an ocean. Blessed are the ones who are happy with whom they are.” – Mehmet Murat İldan
11. “Who could be so lucky? Who comes to a lake for water and sees the reflection of the moon.” – Rumi
12. “This lake exceeds anything I ever beheld in beauty.” – Percy Bysshe Shelley
13. “Be calm like a calm lake, then you will look beautiful like a beautiful calm lake!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
14. “The still waters of a lake reflect the beauty around it. When the mind is still, the beauty of the self is seen reflected in it.” – B.K.S. Iyengar
Relaxing Lake Quotes That Will Soothe Your Soul
15. “Advice from a lake: be clear, make positive ripples, look beneath the surface, stay calm, shore up friendships, take time to reflect, be full of life.” – Anonymous
16. “My recollection of a hundred lovely lakes has given me blessed release from care and worry and the troubled thinking of our modern day. It has been a return to the primitive and the peaceful.” – Hamlin Garland
17. “Find a calm lake and wait for the twilight in silence! There, existence will visit you with all its magnificence! The existence of the existence can best be felt in the presence of dimness and in the absence of crowds and noises!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
18. “When the mind is silent like a lake, the lotus blossoms.” – Amit Ray
19. “If there are ripples on the surface of a lake, we cannot see the depth. Similarly, unless the mind is restful, we cannot experience the harmony and union within us.” – Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
20. “An ocean which thinks there is nothing to learn from a lake is not a wise ocean!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
21. “Even a pebble cast in the middle of a lake creates ripples that eventually reach the shore.” – Jeffrey G. Duarte
22. “The ocean is not a big lake. The lake is not a small ocean! Ocean is ocean. Lake is lake!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
23. “A small pebble stirs the peaceful lake. The circle mov’d, a circle straight succeeds. Another still, and still another spreads.” – Alexander Pope
24. “In the hearts captivated by innocence, the eternal peace of a quiet lake is experienced!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
25. “The sky loves lakes rather than oceans because it finds the opportunity to watch itself in the crystal clear mirrors of the lakes!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
26. “When a lake’s doubt is shown as ripples, sunshine rays are flown to the hills.” – Ankush Agarwal
27. “The lake water was reinventing the forest and the white moon above it, and wolves lapped up the cold reflection of the sky.” – Karen Russell
Short Lake Quotes to Appreciate Nature
28. “A lake so vibrant in color that it looks like a fine art painting.” – Stefanie Payne
29. “When we count our blessings, we count days at the lake.” – Anonymous
30. “So lovely was the loneliness of a wild lake.” – Edgar Allan Poe
31. “The lake is good for the soul.” – Anonymous
32. “Lake breeze puts me at ease.” – Anonymous
33. “Perhaps the truth depends on a walk around the lake.” – Anonymous
34. “Life’s just right when the lake’s in sight.” – Anonymous
35. “Memories made at the lake last forever.” – Anonymous
36. “The little lake you love is the biggest ocean for you!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
37. “Becoming a lake has put a lot of things in perspective for me.” – Heather Christle
Lake Quotes That Will Make You Think
38. “I do not think the forest would be so bright, nor the water so warm, nor love so sweet if there were no danger in the lakes.” – C.S. Lewis
39. “Sometimes a misty lake becomes so calm in the early morning that a person who is boating thinks he is dead as if there is only existence but not himself!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
40. “The lake of my mind, unbroken by oars, heaves placidly and soon sinks into an oily somnolence. That will be useful.” – Virginia Woolf
41. “And the sleeping lake lies still as death, waveless, mute by the frozen land.” – Ellen Palmer Allerton
Also read: Desert Quotes
Poetic Lake Quotes to Elevate Your Mind
42. “The lake lay like a mirror that someone had breathed upon. The brown islands showing through the mist faintly, with gray shadows falling into the water, blurred at the edges.” – George Moore
43. “Thus up the margin of the lake, between the precipice and the brake, o’er stock and rock their race they take.” – Walter Scott
44. “And now the whole wide lake in deep repose is hush’d, and like a burnish’d mirror glows.” – William Wordsworth
45. “The lake still sleeps, still dreams its dream under its bright, cold counterpane.” – Ellen Palmer Allerton
46. “A lake and a fairy boat to sail in the moonlight clear, where merrily you might float from the dragons that watch you here!” – Thomas Hood
Also read: Wave Quotes
Funny Lake Quotes and Captions for Instagram
47. “Lake hair, don’t care.” – Anonymous
48. “A clean cabin is a sign of wasted time at the lake.” – Anonymous
49. “There’s no place like home except the lake.” – Anonymous
50. “If you’re lucky enough to live at the lake, you’re lucky enough.” – Anonymous
What Do You Love About Lakes?
Unlike oceans and rivers, lakes are peaceful and calm bodies of water. Watching them can remind us to be still like water and take the time to rest and clear our minds.
Silence and rest are essential, especially in our age where noise is everywhere. Our minds cannot take the continuous chaos that can cause us anxiety and restlessness. So, it is imperative for us to relax by the lake to soothe our tiredness and make us feel calm and untroubled.
We hope that this list of quotes was able to push you to take your next vacation by the lake. Take advantage of the beauty of nature and let yourself be happy with the peace it brings!
Which lake quote is your favorite? Did you learn a lot from these lake quotes? Comment your thoughts below.