Sometimes, you just want some time to feel your emotions, so read these leave me alone quotes if you need some words you can relate to!
We often want to be alone because of tough times or painful experiences. However, distancing ourselves from others doesn’t always have to be because we’re going through hard times. Sometimes, we just need some to reflect, relax, and feel our feelings.
Though some think it’s selfish to want to be alone, it’s not. Remember, we are all humans who need to devote time to personal meditation and reflection. Through these activities, we can know more about ourselves and what we need to do moving forward.
Spending quality time alone is also a form of self-care, especially when you don’t want to deal with toxic and harmful people. No matter what you’re going through—happy or sad—make sure you take some time off for yourself.
Read through these leave me alone quotes if you need some words of wisdom that you can relate to! It’s hard to balance distance and closeness with others, so if you need help, this collection will be perfect!
Check out the complete list below.
And don’t miss out these solitude quotes.
Best Leave Me Alone Quotes
1. “Sometimes it is better to be alone because it gives you some time to be who you are.” – Anonymous
2. “You keep to your own ways, and leave mine to me.” – Plutarch
3. “Sometimes, you weren’t supposed to share the pain. Sometimes it was best just to deal with it alone.” – Sarah Addison Allen
4. “Often we can help each other most by leaving each other alone; at other times we need the hand-grasp and the word of cheer.” – Elbert Hubbard
5. “Life could be wonderful if people would leave you alone.” – Charlie Chaplin
6. “Sometimes, you need to be alone. Not to be lonely, but to enjoy your free time being yourself.” – Anonymous
7. “You have to have enough respect for other human beings to leave their lives alone. If you admire that life, build it for yourself. Don’t just try to come in and take somebody else’s life.” – Elizabeth Edwards
8. “Sometimes, you just need a break. In a beautiful place. Alone. To figure everything out.” – Anonymous
9. “I think it’s good for a person to spend time alone. It gives them an opportunity to discover who they are and to figure out why they are always alone.” – Anonymous
Leave Me Alone Quotes for Those Who Need Time to Reflect
10. “Your options—one, love me; two, leave me alone.” – Anonymous
11. “I think God leaves me alone to let me find my own strength because no one else can give it to me. Sometimes it is very lonely. But I know the lonely times teach me the most. I must let go in order to let anything in. No one can love me, for me.” – Sabrina Ward Harrison
12. “O God, You’ve done enough, You’ve robbed me of enough, I’m too tired and old to learn to love, leave me alone forever.” – Graham Greene
13. “Love me or leave me alone, I have no room for drams or anything in between.” – Anonymous
14. “Leave me alone is not good news! Let’s be together is not bad news. We were made to be each other’s keepers. Let love lead.” – Israelmore Ayivor
15. “If I could go back to the day we met, I would turn around and walk away.” – Anonymous
16. “Only God can judge me, so I’m gone, either love me or leave me alone.” – Jay-Z
Leave Me Alone Quotes to Voice Out Your Feelings
17. “Now go away then, and leave me alone. I don’t want any more of your meretricious persiflage.” – D. H. Lawrence
18. “Don’t bother me, leave me alone. Anyway, I’m almost grown.” – Chuck Berry
19. “If you see me happy, please leave me alone. I really deserve that shit.” – Anonymous
20. “People like eccentrics. Therefore they will leave me alone, saying that I am a mad clown.” – Vaslav Nijinsky
21. “If only they would all just leave me alone with my books and my letters, I would be content to let life and the world pass me by.” – Alison Weir
22. “Worry about your own lives and leave me alone.” – Roxane Gray
23. “I have a fabulous life. It is interesting and rigorous. I work hard. So leave me alone. Watch my dust. Shut up.” – Mark Morris
24. “Just leave me alone. I’m not myself. I’m falling apart, and I don’t want you here.” – Daniel Keyes
25. “If you don’t have good intentions, please leave me alone. I’m too tired for games.” – Anonymous
26. “I never have tantrums. If anything makes me mad, I’m silent. If I’m not talking, leave me alone.” – Pat Nixon
27. “Some people can sometimes really invade your space and kind of never leave you alone.” – Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Short Leave Me Alone Quotes for Instagram
28. “We enter the world alone, we leave it alone.” – James Anthony Froud
29. “Standing alone is better than standing with people who hurt you.” – Anonymous
30. “Leave me alone. I am only talking to my dog today.” – Anonymous
31. “Please leave me alone; let me go on to the stars.” – Arthur C. Clarke
32. “Privacy is freedom. Leave us alone!” – Ron Paul
33. “I need time alone like you need air to breathe.” – Anonymous
34. “Give me a treat, or leave me alone. It’s Monday.” – Paige
35. “Sometimes it’s better to be alone; nobody can hurt you.” – Anonymous
36. “Leave me alone. I’m fine.” – Barry White
Leave Me Alone Quotes You Need to Read Today
37. “If I leave you alone, and you leave me alone, we are both better off. And I will leave you alone if you leave me alone. And there is a lot of traction to be gained from that.” – William G. Kline
38. “As I get older, I’m more and more comfortable being alone.” – Sienna Miller
39. “Alone time is when I distance myself from the voice of the world so I can hear my own.” – Oprah
40. “Leave our boundaries alone. Let us solve our problems.” – Anonymous
41. “Those who have come here to hate should leave now; for, in their hate, they only betray themselves.” – Terry Goodkind
Profound Leave Me Alone Quotes That Will Occupy Your Thoughts
42. “Knowing when to leave people alone and give them space is an under-appreciated skill.” – Anonymous
43. “It’s always about a character that I become obsessed with and who refuses to leave me alone.” – Ruba Nadda
44. “I can’t stand to watch anything that I’m in. I tear it apart. The worst thing you can do is leave me alone and let me watch what I’m in. It’s abusive.” – Elias Koteas
45. “I hate when people talk about spending time with me because I love to live alone.” – Anonymous
46. “I’ll always be happy if they’d leave me alone in that delightful and unknown furthest corner, apart from struggles, putrefaction, and nonsense; the ultimate corner of sugar and toast, where the mermaids catch the branches of the willows and the heart opens to a flute’s sharpness.” – Federico Garcia Lorca
47. “The liberal idea of tolerance is more and more a kind of intolerance. What it means is ‘Leave me alone; don’t harass me; I’m intolerant towards your over-proximity.” – Slavoj Zizek
More Leave Me Alone Quotes That Everyone Can Relate To
48. “No, I’m a man with a rule. People leave me alone, I leave them alone. If they don’t, I don’t.” – Lee Child
49. “When my mood is off, I want a break time, so leave me alone.” – Anonymous
50. “You can’t please everybody. I give up. I’m not trying to. I don’t care. Leave me alone with that.” – Estelle
Are You the Type of Person Who Wants to Spend Time Alone?
The busyness of life can quickly take over our everyday routines if we aren’t mindful of our boundaries. Often, people also drain our energies because of their unsolicited comments and criticism. This is precisely why we need people to leave us alone at times.
Spending time alone is as important as the moments we need to spend with other people. After all, our alone time is when personal realizations and development happen. When left alone, we get more time to reflect on our situations and build ourselves up.
It’s a normal human response to want to be alone when you encounter toxic people. But, keep in mind that wanting to be alone just because you want to—just because you need time for yourself—is completely okay, too.
Don’t let the negativity of the world get to you. Like what we’ve gathered from the quotes above, remember that being alone doesn’t necessarily mean being lonely. Sometimes, it’s the only way to find peace and comfort yourself!