Travel to the most perilous lands of Middle-earth through this list of the best The Lord of the Rings quotes we’ve created.
The Lord of the Rings is a tale of bravery, focusing on heroes from different realms. No matter how different they are, they come together to suppress the evil threatening to take over the world.
At the very center of this quest is Frodo Baggins, a Hobbit. In their world, this is a surprise; Hobbits are small creatures known to be gentle and peace-loving. However, no matter how dangerous the journey is, Frodo perseveres with the help of Samwise Gamgee and their newfound friends.
No doubt, The Lord of the Rings is a movie series that will have your mind reeling with all the action and wise words! Read to the end of this list to find the best lines from the movie trilogy and J.R.R. Tolkien himself.
And don’t forget to check out these Gandalf quotes and Samwise Gamgee quotes.
Best The Lord of the Rings Quotes
1. “This day does not belong to one man but to all. Let us together rebuild this world that we may share in the days of peace.” – Aragorn Elessar II
2. “There’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for.” – Samwise Gamgee
3. “Become who you were born to be.” – Elrond
4. “Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.” – Galadriel
5. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.” – Gandalf
6. “Deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised.” – Aragorn Elessar II
7. “Not all those who wander are lost.” – Bilbo Baggins
8. “And to that, I hold. I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” – Arwen Undómiel
The Lord of the Rings Quotes That’ll Give You Hope
9. “There is always hope.” – Aragorn Elessar II
10. “Who knows? Have patience. Go where you must go, and hope!” – Gandalf
11. “Your time will come. You will face the same evil, and you will defeat it.” – Arwen Undómiel
12. “Despair is only for those who see the end beyond all doubt. We do not.” – Gandalf
13. “The world is indeed full of peril, and in it, there are many dark places, but still, there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater.” – Haldir of Lórien
14. “But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow; even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you, that meant something, even if you were too small to understand why.” – Samwise Gamgee
15. “A day may come when the courage of men fails, but it is not this day.” – Aragorn Elessar II
16. “The quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little, and it will fail, to the ruin of all. Yet hope remains while the company is true.” – Galadriel
The Lord of the Rings Quotes to Get a Glimpse of All the Realms
17. “I will take the Ring, though I do not know the way.” – Frodo Baggins
18. “There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power.” – Gandalf
19. “The board is set; the pieces are moving. We come to it, at last, the great battle of our time.” – Gandalf
20. “I’m glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee, here at the end of all things.” – Frodo Baggins
21. “We swears, to serve the master of the Precious. We will swear on—on the Precious!” – Gollum
22. “One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them!” – Gandalf
23. “The Ring has awoken; it’s heard its master’s call.” – Gandalf
24. “Mordor. The one place in Middle-earth we don’t want to see any closer. And it’s the one place we’re trying to get to. It’s just where we can’t get. Let’s face it, Mr. Frodo, we’re lost.” – Samwise Gamgee
Meaningful The Lord of the Rings Quotes That’ll Fill Your Day With Wisdom
25. “It is useless to meet revenge with revenge: it will heal nothing.” – Frodo Baggins
26. “It’s the job that’s never started as takes longest to finish.” – Samwise Gamgee
27. “Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.” – Bilbo Baggins
28. “You may learn something, and whether what you see be fair or evil, that may be profitable, and yet it may not. Seeing is both good and perilous.” – Galadriel
29. “The wise speak only of what they know.” – Gandalf
30. “Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends.” – Gandalf
31. “Let him not vow to walk in the dark, who has not seen the nightfall.” – Elrond
32. “It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.” – Bilbo Baggins
More The Lord of the Rings Quotes for Tolkien Fans
33. “It is not the strength of the body, but the strength of the spirit.” – J.R.R. Tolkien, Author
34. “Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.” – J.R.R. Tolkien, Author
35. “Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread through shadows to the edge of night until the stars are all alight.” – J.R.R. Tolkien, Author
Did The Lord of the Rings Change the Way You Perceive Life?
It’s easy to think that you can only accomplish certain things in life. So, why is it so hard to accept that we can do something more? This is the main takeaway from The Lord of the Rings.
Frodo is a Hobbit; because of this, he’s automatically categorized as someone who will never be able to make a difference, let alone save the world. Even with all the naysayers, Frodo held on to hope and trusted himself. He also had Samwise Gamgee and other friends who believed he could succeed!
So, like what we’ve learned from Frodo, his friends, and The Lord of the Rings franchise, it’s essential to believe that you can accomplish something unexpectedly big. No matter how small you think you are, your every existence impacts the world.
You have the potential to make a difference. The only thing holding you back is your hesitations. Remember, your limits are only self-imposed; break them!
The next time you face another big challenge, remember the lessons you’ve learned from Frodo. Always have hope, believe in your capabilities, and break free from whatever’s holding you back!