There’s no doubt in our minds that your day will instantly turn brighter once you start reading the Mary Poppins quotes we’ve compiled for you.
Life can sometimes seem dull. We tend to live out of a routine and need help finding something magical daily. However, that’s precisely what Mary Poppins is all about; she’s the symbol of the magic that we can find in every little moment of our day.
This character, made iconic by the ever-beautiful Julie Andrews and brought back to life by Emily Blunt, teaches kids worldwide to find joy and happiness in everything. She’s a nanny who helps kids widen their imaginations. Indeed, Mary Poppins makes us believe that everything we dream of achieving is possible!
Read on if you want her magic to spread to your day today. We’ve got the best quotes that’ll take your mind off the grind.
Best Mary Poppins Quotes
1. “Why do you always complicate things that are really quite simple?” – Mary Poppins
2. “What did I tell ya? There’s the whole world at your feet. And who gets to see it but the birds, the stars, and the chimney sweeps?” – Bert
3. “That’s a piecrust promise. Easily made, easily broken.” – Mary Poppins
4. “Practically perfect in every way.” – Mary Poppins
5. “First of all, I would like to make one thing clear: I never explain anything.” – Mary Poppins
6. “Though we adore men individually, we agree that as a group they’re rather stupid.” – Mrs. Banks
7. “You’ve got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone. Though childhood slips like sand through a sieve, and all too soon they’ve up and grown, and then they’ve flown, and it’s too late for you to give.” – Bert
Famous Mary Poppins Quotes
8. “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!” – Mary Poppins
9. “Close your mouth, Michael. We are not a codfish.” – Mary Poppins
10. “Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, in the most delightful way!” – Mary Poppins
11. “What do you get when you feed the birds? Fat birds.” – Mr. Dawes, Sr.
12. “In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun, and snap—the job’s a game!” – Mary Poppins
13. Mary Poppins: “You know, you can say it backwards, which is, ‘docious-ali-expi-istic-fragil-cali-rupus.’ But that’s going a bit too far, don’t you think?”
14. “So when the cat has got your tongue, there’s no need for dismay! Just summon up this word, and then you’ve got a lot to say! But better use it carefully or it could change your life.” – Mary Poppins
15. “Winds in the east, mist coming in. Like somethin’ is brewin’ and ’bout to begin. Can’t put me finger on what lies in store, but I feel what’s to happen all happened before.” – Bert
Mary Poppins Quotes From the Sequel That You Must Read Today
16. “‘Nothing.’ Such a useful word, isn’t it? It can mean anything and everything.” – Mary Poppins
17. “Nothing is gone forever, only out of place.” – Mary Poppins
18. “Everything is possible, even the impossible.” – Mary Poppins
19. “You can’t lose what you never lost.” – Mary Poppins
20. “Open different doors. You may find a you there that you never knew was yours.” – Mary Poppins
21. “When the world turns upside down, the best thing to do is turn right along with it.” – Mary Poppins
22. “Let the past take a bow. The forever is now.” – Jack
23. “We’re on the brink of adventure, children. Don’t spoil it with questions.” – Mary Poppins
24. “There’s a different point of view awaiting you if you just look up.” – Jack
25. “Time to close your eyes, so sleep can come around. For when you dream, you’ll find all that’s lost is found. Maybe on the moon, or maybe somewhere new.” – Mary Poppins
More Mary Poppins Quotes for Fans of the Book Series
26. “Don’t you know that everybody’s got a Fairyland of their own?” – P.L. Travers, Author
27. “We are all made of the same stuff. Remember, we of the jungle, you of the city. The same substance composes us—the tree overhead, the stone beneath us, the bird, the beast, the star. We are all one—all moving to the same end. Remember that when you no longer remember me, my child.” – P.L. Travers, Author
28. “If you want to find Cherry-Tree Lane, all you have to do is ask the policeman at the crossroads.” – P.L. Travers, Author
29. “She’s something special, you see. Not in the matter of looks, of course. One of my own day-old chicks is handsomer than Mary P. ever was.” – P.L. Travers, Author
30. “Mary Poppins was very vain and liked to look her best. Indeed, she was quite sure that she never looked anything else.” – P.L. Travers, Author
How Did Mary Poppins Influence the Way You See the World?
Everyone can relate to the fact that the busyness of our everyday grind makes us forget to have fun, relax, and just let our imagination fly. Thankfully, Mary Poppins reminds us that we must find time to fly kites and look for joy in everything we do.
In one of her quotes, she says, “In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun, and snap—the job’s a game!” This is a helpful lesson for everyone.
Often, we get too caught up in being perfect at our jobs that we come to a point where we feel like everything we’re doing is a chore. But, if we lighten up, enjoy ourselves, and find joy in our actions, then success will follow. More than that, we’ll also re-awaken the enjoyment and excitement we crave in our jobs.
This is only the tip of the iceberg of what Mary Poppins has to offer. But, we hope the quotes and lessons we’ve provided today are great sources of motivation for you to find the magic everywhere!
It might not be evident at first or second glance. However, if you keep up the effort to find joy in your work, you’ll gain a whole new perspective when looking at the world!