Here are our favorite Master Oogway quotes that’ll shed light on the path you’re meant to take in life.
Master Oogway is the ever-wise tortoise in Kung Fu Panda. His wisdom and knowledge are so unassuming that, at first glance, you won’t believe he’s amongst the greatest masters in the world.
Though he doesn’t get into all the action in the movies, Master Oogway is the one who helps Po realize his destiny. Po might have given up on being the Dragon Warrior if it were not for Master Oogway’s pieces of advice.
However, his teachings go beyond the realm of kung fu. If you read his best quotes below, you’ll also see how much his words ring true in real life.
So, let Master Oogway lead you to the right path. Check out our collection of quotes below, and be ready for some inspiring words you’ll never forget.
And make sure to check out these Kung Fu Panda quotes.
Best Master Oogway Quotes
1. “There is always something more to learn—even for a master.”
2. “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.”
3. “One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it.”
4. “Your mind is like this water, my friend. When it is agitated, it becomes difficult to see, but if you allow it to settle, the answer becomes clear.”
5. “There are no accidents.”
6. “There is just news. There is no good or bad.”
7. “Quit, don’t quit. Noodles, don’t noodles. You are too concerned with what was and what will be. There’s a saying, ‘Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.’”
8. “If you only do what you can do, you will never be more than you are now.”
9. “When will you realize? The more you take, the less you have.”
10. “When the path you walk always leads back to yourself, you never get anywhere.”
11. “Nothing is impossible.”
12. “Who knows the ways of the universe? Accident? Or destiny? That is the secret.”
Wise Master Oogway Quotes to Live By
13. “Use your skills for the good, young warrior. Find the one thing you were denied so long ago—compassion.”
14. “You are the master of your destiny. No one and nothing can come in between you and your destiny except you. Take destiny by the horns and have fun.”
15. “Shifu, an acorn can only become the mighty oak, not a cherry tree. You must let her grow into what she will be.”
16. “Look at this tree. I cannot make it blossom when it suits me, nor make it bear fruit before its time. No matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach.”
17. “Remember the path.”
18. “It is you who must decide whether to stay or go.”
19. “My time has come. You must continue your journey without me. You must believe. Promise me you’ll believe.”
Master Oogway Quotes That’ll Guide You in Life
20. “Inner peace, inner peace.”
21. Shifu: “But a peach cannot defeat Tai Lung!”
Oogway: “Maybe it can—if you are willing to guide it, to nurture it. To believe in it.”
22. “My old friend, the panda will never fulfill his destiny, nor you yours, until you let go of the illusion of control.”
23. Shop Owner: “Ugh, who cares who wins? Those three are a disgrace to kung fu.”
Oogway: “I think they will all lose until they find a battle worth fighting.”
24. “You’re failing yourself. No matter how much you try, you will never be Shifu. The question is, can you be Tigress?”
25. “It doesn’t. It helps me. And by helping me, you help yourself.”
Do You Look Up to Master Oogway, Too?
We can never successfully traverse the world alone; humans need other people to guide and help them through life. It might be our parents, older siblings, teachers, or even friends.
In one of our favorite animations, Kung Fu Panda, the best source for wisdom and advice is Master Oogway. He taught Shifu, gave advice to the Furious Five, and ultimately helped Po live up to his destiny.
It’s normal to be afraid of the unknown, and it’s okay to second-guess whether you’re really meant for something bigger in life. But, as Master Oogway said, “If you only do what you can do, you will never be more than you are now.”
Our current circumstances shouldn’t limit us. Instead, let’s look at things in a positive light; after all, everything around us can be used as a stepping stone to help ourselves rise higher.
Each one of us is meant for great things. We can change the world—and ourselves—for the better as long as we believe in our capabilities!
So, take Master Oogway’s pieces of advice to heart. Whenever you start doubting yourself, just read back on his best quotes that will no doubt inspire and encourage you.