If you are interested in the hilarious villain that changed his perspective and turned into a superhero, then these Megamind quotes are perfect for you.
Megamind is a film released in 2010 about an intelligent extraterrestrial being who believes that his destiny is to be a villain. Although he is evil-looking and narcissistic, his incompetence and ironic kindness make him annoyingly harmless and funny.
Moreover, what makes the movie an absolute gem is the lessons learned from watching it. As we follow his journey, we understand that we are in charge of our destinies and make our future. It is up to us to decide who we want to be.
Take a look at some of the best quotes from the movie that’ll teach you a thing or two about acceptance and doing good deeds! Make sure you take notes of your favorites so you can share them with your friends!
Let’s get started.
And don’t miss out these Coraline quotes and Shrek quotes.
Best Megamind Quotes
1. “Funny. I guess destiny isn’t the path chosen for us, but the path we choose for ourselves.” – Megamind
2. “We never really know how good we have it until it’s gone.” – Roxanne Ritchi
3. “There’s a benefit to losing: you get to learn from your mistakes.” – Megamind
4. “Luckily, I found a lovely little place to call home. A place that taught me the differences between right and wrong.” – Megamind
5. “Even fate picks its favorites.” – Megamind
6. “You know, little buddy, there’s a yin for every yang. If there’s bad, good will rise up against it! It’s taken me a long time for me to find my calling. Now, it’s time you found yours.” – Megamind
7. “That’s when I learned a very hard lesson: good receives all the praise and adulation, while evil is sent to quiet time in the corner. So fitting in wasn’t really an option.” – Megamind
8. “Even the most heartfelt belief can get corroded over time!” – Megamind
9. “I can’t believe you. With all your gifts, all your powers, and you, you squander them for your own personal gain.” – Megamind
10. “Just think about it. We have it all, yet we have nothing. It’s all too easy now.” – Metro Man
Megamind Quotes That Will Make You Think
11. “So that’s it. You’re just giving up?” – Roxanne Ritchi
12. “I have to admit, being good has its perks.” – Megamind
13. “Time to put the past behind us, only the future.” – Megamind
14. “Megamind, I don’t even know if you’re listening, but if you are, you can’t give up! The Megamind I know would never run from a fight, even if he knew he had no chance of winning! It was your best quality. You need to be that guy right now! This city needs you! I need you.” – Roxanne Ritchi
15. “He bought their affections with showmanship, extravagant gifts of deliciousness. So I, too, would make this poppet corn and win over those mindless drones.” – Megamind
16. Megamind: “What about everything you just said about judging a book by its cover?”
Roxanne Ritchi: “Well, let’s take a look at the contents then, shall we? You destroyed Metro Man, you took over the city, and now you’ve actually got me to care about you! Why are you so evil? Tricking me? What could you possibly hope to gain?”
Also read: Kung Fu Panda Quotes, Coco Quotes
Emotional Megamind Quotes to Stir Your Heart
17. “I started to realize, despite all my powers, each and every citizen of Metro City had something I didn’t: a choice. Ever since I can remember, I’ve always had to be what this city wanted me to be. What about what I wanted to do?”`Metro Man
18. Minion: “I may not know much, but I do know this, the bad guy doesn’t get the girl.”
Megamind: “Well, maybe I don’t want to be the bad guy anymore!”
19. “Some days, it felt like it was just me and Minion against the world.” – Megamind
20. “No matter how hard I tried, I was always the odd man out, the last one picked, the screw-up, the black sheep, the bad boy. Was this my destiny?” – Megamind
21. “Happy Metro Man Day, Metro City. It’s a beautiful day in beautiful downtown, where we’re here to honor a beautiful man, Metro Man. His heart is an ocean that’s inside a bigger ocean. For years, he’s been watching us with his super-vision, saving us with his super-strength, and caring for us with his super-heart. Now, it’s our turn to give something back.” – Roxanne Ritchi
Also read: Trolls Quotes, Ice Age Quotes
Funny Megamind Quotes
22. “In the eternal struggle between good and evil, good has always prevailed. But this time, evil has a secret, incredible, totally handsome weapon: me!” – Megamind
23. “I made you a hero. You did the fool thing all by yourself!” – Megamind
24. Megamind: “How do I look, Minion? Do I look bad?”
Minion: “Disgustingly horrifying, sir!”
Megamind: “You always know what to say!”
25. Megamind: “This is a dream come true. You’ve been blessed with unfathomable powers.”
Hal Stewart: “What kind of power?”
Megamind: “Unfathomable. It’s, uh, without fathom.”
26. Megamind: “Metrocity, Minion. It’s all mine. If my parents could see me now.”
Minion: “Sir, I’m sure they’re smiling down from evil heaven.”
27. “Ugh. Let’s stop wasting time and call your boyfriend in tights, shall we?” – Megamind
28. “I’m the bad guy! I don’t save the day, I don’t fly off into the sunset, and I don’t get the girl! I’m going home.” – Megamind
29. Minion: “Sir, I think this is a bad idea.”
Megamind: “Yes! It’s a very wickedly bad idea for the greater good of bad!”
Minion: “But I’m saying, it’s the kind of bad that, okay, you might think it’s good from your bad perception, but from a good perception, it’s just plain bad.”
Megamind: “Oh, you don’t know what’s good for bad!”
30. “I was eight days old and still living with my parents. How sad is that? Clearly, it was time to move on.” – Megamind
31. “Here’s my day so far, went to jail, lost the girl of my dreams, and got my butt kicked pretty good. Still, things could be a lot worse. Oh, that’s right. I’m falling to my death. Guess they can’t. How did it all come to this? Well, my end starts at the beginning, the very beginning!” – Megamind
32. “I’d be watching you like a dingo watches a human baby. Okay, that sounded a little weird.” – Hal Stewart
33. Metro Man: “Revenge is a dish best served cold!”
Megamind: “Well, it can easily be reheated in the microwave of evil!”
34. Megamind: “You’re a villain, alright, just not a super one.”
Tighten: “Oh ya, what’s the difference?”
Also read: Funny Quotes
Megamind Quotes to Revisit the Film’s Hilariously Evil Scenes
35. “I make bad look so good.” – Megamind
36. Megamind: “In case you’ve noticed, you’ve fallen right into my trap!”
Metro Man: “You can’t trap justice. It’s an idea! A belief!”
37. Roxanne Ritchi: “Uh, could someone stamp my frequent kidnapping card?”
Megamind: “You of all people know we discontinued that promotion.”
Also read: Fantastic Mr. Fox Quotes
More Megamind Quotes That Prove That He’s a Criminal Mastermind
38. “I was destined to be a supervillain, and we were destined to be rivals! The die was cast! And so began an epic enduring lifelong career, and I loved it! Our battles quickly got more elaborate. He would win some. I would almost win others! He took the name: ‘Metro Man,’ defender of ‘Metrocity.’ I decided to pick something a little more humble: ‘Megamind!’ Incredibly handsome criminal genius and master of all villainy!” – Megamind
39. “I’m so tired of running rampant through the streets. What’s the point of being bad when there’s no good to try and stop you? I had so many evil plans in the works—the illiteracy beam, typhoon cheese, robo-sheep—battles we will now never have. You know, we never had the chance to say goodbye, so it’s good we have this time now. You know, before I destroy the place. Nothing personal, it’s just, brings back too many painful memories.” – Megamind
40. Metro Man: “We all know how this ends: with you behind bars!”
Megamind: “Oh, I’m shaking in my custom, baby seal leather boots! You will leave Metrocity! Or this will be the last you ever hear of Roxanne Ritchi!”
Did These Megamind Quotes Change Your Perspective About Fate and Love?
Childhood experiences are vital to the development of people as they turn into adults. This is why Megamind believed his purpose was to cast evil and be a villain. His memories of being left out and bullied negatively affected his beliefs and self-image.
Some of us can relate to Megamind’s experiences; sometimes, society cannot accept people who are different, and we are shamed for being who we are. However, this doesn’t mean that the world is all bad and no one will accept us. Megamind is a reminder that there will always be people who will love us if we look at things more positively and act more kindly.
We can never control how people think, so don’t be ashamed of the real you. Just do good toward others and yourself, and you’ll find that you’re living a happier and more fulfilled life.
Which Megamind quote is your favorite? Did you learn a lot from these quotes? Comment your answers below!