Read these top 25 Moana quotes if you’re someone who’s constantly doubting their path in life!
While most Disney movies have many lessons to live by, Moana’s no doubt one of the first things we must watch if we want a guide to help us navigate life. This is precise because Moana’s tribe is a group of wayfinders, and the main lesson from the movie is learning to be who you’re meant to be.
So, if you’re curious about how this beloved Disney movie can help you, make sure you read through to the end. At the same time, if you’re already a fan, then you’ll love this list we’ve created out of its most iconic lines!
Let’s start here.
Best Moana Quotes
1. “Be who you are on the inside.” – Moana
2. “There comes a day when you’re gonna look around and realize happiness is where you are.” – Chief Tui
3. “The past shouldn’t be feared for it guides our future.” – Moana
4. “There is nowhere you could go that I won’t be with you.” – Gramma Tala
5. “Sometimes our strengths lie beneath the surface—far beneath, in some cases.” – Moana
6. “The gods aren’t the ones who make you Maui; you are.” – Moana
7. “Bonding is not measured by the time you spend together, but by the comfort you find when you realize you have each other.” – Moana
8. “You will do great things, but first you must learn who you are meant to be.” – Moana
Iconic Moana Quotes That You Ought to Treasure
9. “I am Moana of Motunui. You will board my boat, sail across the sea, and restore the heart of Te Fiti.” – Moana
10. “There’s more beyond the reef.” – Moana
11. “I’ve got your back, Chosen One. Go save the world.” – Maui
12. Gramma Tala: “When I die, I’m going to come back as one of these. Or I chose the wrong tattoo!”
Moana: “Why are you acting weird?”
Gramma Tala: “I’m the village crazy lady. That’s my job.”
13. “I appreciate what you did down there; took guts.” – Maui
14. “If I were the ocean, I think I’d be looking for a curly-haired non-princess to start that again.” – Maui
15. “In the beginning, there was only ocean until the Mother Island emerged—Te Fiti. Her heart held the greatest power ever known. It could create life itself. And Te Fiti shared it with the world. But in time, some began to seek Te Fiti’s heart. They believed if they could possess it, the great power of creation would be theirs. And one day, the most daring of them all voyaged across the vast ocean to take it. He was a demi-god of the wind and sea. He was a warrior. A trickster. A shapeshifter who could change form with the power of his magical fishhook. And his name was Maui. But without her heart, Te Fiti began to crumble, giving birth to a terrible darkness. Maui tried to escape but was confronted by another who sought the heart—Te Ka! A demon of earth and fire. Maui was struck from the sky, never to be seen again. And his magical fishhook and the Heart of Te Fiti were lost to the sea. Where, even now, a thousand years later, Te Ka and the demons of the deep still hunt for the heart. Hiding in a darkness that will continue to spread, chasing away our fish, draining life from island after island until every one of us is devoured by the bloodthirsty jaws of inescapable death! But one day, the heart will be found by someone who will journey beyond our reef, find Maui, deliver him across the great ocean to restore Te Fiti’s Heart and save us all.” – Gramma Tala
Moana Quotes to Empower You
16. “Go inside, bang the drum, and find out.” – Gramma Tala
17. “Now I know why you always told me to be strong. Because you knew—you knew that one day I would need the strength to bear your loss.” – Moana
18. “Sometimes, who we wish we were, what we wish we could do, it’s just not meant to be.” – Sina
19. “See that line where the sky meets the sea, it calls me, and no one knows how far it goes.” – Moana
20. “If I go, there is just no telling how far I will go.” – Moana
21. “The call isn’t out there at all; it’s inside me.” – Moana
More Moana Quotes for a Better Understanding of the Characters
22. Moana: “Teach me to sail. My job is to deliver Maui across the great ocean. I should—I should be sailing.”
Maui: “It’s called wayfinding, Princess. It’s not just sails and knots. It’s seeing where you’re going in your mind. Knowing where you are, by knowing where you’ve been.”
23. “Hero of men. It’s actually ‘Maui, shapeshifter, Demigod of the Wind and Sea, Hero of Men.’ I interrupted, from the top—hero of men. Go.” – Maui
24. Moana: “Okay, first, I am not a princess. I’m the daughter of the chief.”
Maui: “Same difference.”
Maui: “If you wear a dress, and have an animal sidekick, you’re a princess.”
25. “Are you just trying to get me to talk about myself? Because if you are, I will gladly do so—in song form!” – Tamatoa
What Path Are You Planning to Take?
Life is a series of never-ending questions and decisions. So, it’s pretty normal to be unsure of what path you want to take. The future’s uncertain, and no matter what we choose now, we can’t be 100% sure if it’ll be the same tomorrow.
The only way to be more confident of your choices is to ensure that whatever you choose is aligned with who you are. Like Moana said, “You will do great things, but first, you must learn who you are meant to be.” Without knowing who you truly are, how would you be certain that what you’re doing now will lead to a better and brighter tomorrow?
Sadly, it’s not that easy to be honest with ourselves. As in the movie, people around us—even our family members—will try to dictate what to do, what to say, and how to act. However, if we know in our hearts that their wishes are going against ours, we should take a step back and reflect on whether we should push through.
Everything ahead of us is scary because we’re not 100% about how things will turn out. So, to not regret anything, make sure that everything you do is based on what you truly feel and want to do. Believe in yourself, and never be restricted by others’ opinions!
Don’t be afraid to take risks and break the status quo. Remember, there will always be something beyond what you already know! Whenever you need a reminder or some words of encouragement, make sure you visit this collection again.