Reading these negativity quotes will instantly turn your mood around!
Naysayers will always be there to put us down. But, the question is: should we let ourselves succumb to the negativity they emulate?
Simply put, we shouldn’t let anyone get in the way of our happiness. Remember, positivity begets positivity, and negativity begets negativity. If you want to live a full and meaningful life, you should focus only on the good things.
To help you improve your mindset regarding these things, read through our list of negativity quotes!
By reading through to the end, we’re positive you’ll gain some meaningful lessons to help you conquer any adverse circumstances ahead!
Let’s begin here.
And don’t forget to check out these blame quotes and chaos quotes.
Best Negativity Quotes
1. “Negativity, in general, is one of the things that holds people back, and you have to see what’s holding you back to get away from it.” – Lucy Dacus
2. “Negative words are powerful boomerangs, so be careful what you say about people and yourself.” – Mary J. Blige
3. “Life is too short to spend in negativity. So I have made a conscious effort not to be where I don’t want to be.” – Hugh Dillon
4. “Negativity is cannibalistic. The more you feed it, the bigger and stronger it grows.” – Bobby Darnell
5. “Negativity is a real downer, and the more you engage in it, the more you will dampen your vitality.” – Byron Pulsifer
6. “Never let the negativity get to you. There are gonna be a lot of people you have to plow through, but as long you believe in yourself, that’s all that matters.” – Becky G
Inspiring Negativity Quotes to Overcome Bad Thoughts
7. “There are so many great things in life; why dwell on negativity?” – Zendaya
8. “Just think of any negativity that comes at you as a raindrop falling into the ocean of your bliss.” – Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
9. “Negativity may knock at your door, but that doesn’t mean you have to let it in.” – Anonymous
10. “No one can create negativity or stress within you. Only you can do that by virtue of how you process your world.” – Wayne Dyer
11. “If you find yourself plagued by a recurrent worry, train yourself to think of something else. Your conscious mind can concentrate on only one thought at a time, and driving the negativity away will free you up to move forward again.” – Harvey Mackay
12. “You don’t want to have any negativity in your life. Continue to push. Continue to be patient. And when your time comes, then you’ve got to do everything you can, that’s all.” – Stefon Diggs
13. “Don’t let the negativity given to you by the world disempower you. Instead, give to yourself that which empowers you.” – Les Brown
Negativity Quotes to Encourage a Better Mindset
14. “It is better to dwell on the beautiful things in life than the negative.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
15. “There is too much negativity in the world. Do your best to make sure you aren’t contributing to it.” – Germany Kent
16. “I’ll always use the negativity as more motivation to work even harder and become even stronger.” – Tim Tebow
17. “If we give something positive to others, it will return to us. If we give negative, that negativity will be returned.” – Allu Arjun
18. “I think we manifest the very thing we put out. If you’re putting out negativity, then you’re going to retrieve that same sentiment. If you emanate joy, it comes back to you.” – Robin Wright
19. “If you attach to the negative behavior of others, it brings you down to their level.” – Guru Singh
Short Negativity Quotes That’ll Open Your Eyes to Reality
20. “Negativity doesn’t get you anywhere.” – Peter W. Murphy
21. “The best way of removing negativity is to laugh and be joyous.” – David Icke
22. “Negativity is the enemy of creativity.” – David Lynch
23. “Negativity will kill you faster than any disease.” – Anonymous
24. “Don’t let negative thoughts of the past or the future ruin your today.” – Avina Celeste
25. “I do believe in bad energy and not wanting to be around negativity.” – Kyle Richards
26. “Dwelling on the negative simply contributes to its power.” – Shirley MacLaine
27. “Let negative people live their negative lives with their negative minds.” – Moosa Rahat
Negativity Quotes to Make You Mentally Strong
28. “It’s hard to let go of all that negativity, which will seriously drain your motivation, but you got to let it go.” – Oscar Auliq-Ice
29. “An entire sea of water can’t sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship. Similarly, the negativity of the world can’t put you down unless you allow it to get inside you.” – Goi Nasu
30. “Having the strength to tune out negativity and remain focused on what I want gives me the will and confidence to achieve my goals.” – Gisele Bundchen
31. “It would be easy to become a victim of our circumstances and continue feeling sad, scared, or angry; or instead, we could choose to deal with injustice humanely and break the chains of negative thoughts and energies and not let ourselves sink into it.” – Erin Gruwell
32. “A lot of negativity in anyone’s life can inhibit people from attempting to reach their full potential in life, but there is more to life than what people say.” – Mary M Hall-Rayford
33. “To all the other dreamers out there, don’t ever stop or let the world’s negativity disenchant you or your spirit. If you surround yourself with love and the right people, anything is possible.” – Adam Green
Negativity Quotes That Will Reset Your Way of Thinking
34. “Adopting the right attitude can convert negative stress into a positive one.” – Dr. Hans Selye
35. “Some people are in such utter darkness that they will burn you just to see a light. Try not to take it personally.” – Kamand Kojouri
36. “If I could teach people to be grateful, we could have an amazing world where negativity could not grow and foster, and children would have a smile on their faces.” – Catriona Gray
37. “Those who pray for your downfall are concentrating negative thoughts towards you, without taking cognizance of the slippery ground in which they are standing, which could lead to their downfall.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
38. “When we choose to spread negativity, bad vibes or focus too much on spreading rumors and gossiping about the other person, it doesn’t show who that other person is, but it shows who we are to the world.” – Jyoti Patel
39. “You cannot be positive and move forward with life if you struggle with negative thinking. There are great ways to keep those motivational words in front of you, which will have a positive impact on your thinking.” – Catherine Pulsifer
Negativity Quotes You Can Relate To
40. “If there’s anyone who makes you feel badly about yourself or anything that’s bringing you down, you don’t need it in your life. Negativity begets negativity, but positivity begets positivity.” – Stephanie McMahon
41. “The amount of negativity I hear on a daily basis is unbelievable. But that’s the kind of stuff you have to tune out, focus, stick with your vision and keep plugging every day.” – Dana White
42. “People who project negativity typically have low self-esteem. They feel badly about themselves, and their negativity is simply a reflection of those feelings.” – Hendrie Weisinger
43. “Good things can come out of negative emotions—they can make you notice things that are wrong and need to be changed or fixed.” – Vanessa Allen
44. “That’s my gift. I let that negativity roll off me like water off a duck’s back. If it’s not positive, I didn’t hear it. If you can overcome that, fights are easy.” – George Foreman
Profound Negativity Quotes That’ll Keep Your Brain Busy
45. “All negativity is an illusion created by the limited mind to protect and defend itself.” – Ambika Wauters
46. “Negativity is an addiction to the bleak shadow that lingers around every human form, and you can transfigure negativity by turning it toward the light of your soul.” – John O’Donohue
47. “Every day, you must unlearn the ways that hold you back. You must rid yourself of negativity, so you can learn to fly.” – Leon Brown
48. “We can either work on the negative things and turn them into positive things, or we can accept that the negative is negative and leave it at that.” – Jennifer N. Smith
49. “There is a magnificent, beautiful, wonderful painting in front of you! It is an intricate, detailed, and painstaking labor of devotion and love! The colors are like no other; they swim and leap, they trickle and embellish! And yet you choose to fixate your eyes on the small fly which has landed on it! Why do you do such a thing?” – C. JoyBell C.
Negativity Quotes for People Who Need Advice
50. “Time is your most precious gift, not to be dwindled away in idleness or negativity.” – Les Brown
51. “Negative people can only infest you with discouragements when they find you around. Just get lost and be saved.” – Israelmore Ayivor
52. “‘Determination over negativity’ is a belief that anything is possible no matter who you are or where you come from.” – Donovan Mitchell
53. “Letting go of negative people doesn’t mean you hate them. It just means that you love yourself.” – Anonymous
54. “People will try to pull you down, but you need to fight the negativity in your life. It’s always good to stay positive and think positive.” – Vivek Oberoi
55. “The sad truth is that we live in a negative world. As a result, positive words become even more important.” – Eric J. Aronson
More Quotes About Negativity
56. “Negativity and complaining are like a virus. It only takes a little bit of exposure before you are completely overtaken. Then, the more you feed it, the better the climate for the virus and the worse your attitude becomes.” – Jessica Jones
57. “Life is short. Don’t waste it with negative people who don’t appreciate you. Keep them in your heart but keep them out of your life.” – Anonymous
58. “Try giving up all the thoughts that make you feel bad, or even just some of them, and see how doing that changes your life. You don’t need negative thoughts. All they have ever given you was a false self that suffers. They are all lies.” – Gina Lake
59. “When you have a lot of stress and negativity around you, when you cut that away, you cleanse.” – Lil Jon
60. “Don’t let negativity affect your vision. A lot of people have said harsh things, but I don’t let it affect me. If anything, it gives me more enthusiasm and pushes me to do better in my career so I can prove them wrong.” – Nicole Polizzi
Are You the Type of Person Who Constantly Dwells on Negativity?
Life is a balance of the good and the bad, and negativities are things we cannot escape from. It’s a given that, at least once in our lives, we’ll experience a challenge or trial that will bring us down to our knees. Though that’s the case, we shouldn’t let that negativity hold us prisoner and keep us from living a happy life.
Albeit hard, we must change the way we view trials and hardships. We’ll fail, fall, and find it hard to stand back up again. But, if we look at them as things that would mold us into better and stronger people, then it’ll be much easier for us to move on and forward.
Negativity also comes in many forms—experiences, words, people, and more. No matter what form you come across, just keep in mind that you can rise above each one. Be resilient and firm and keep the faith; you will eventually succeed!
Read through our collection again the next time you face a negative experience. Keep this list of negativity quotes in your bookmarks, so it’s easy to pull out whenever you need encouraging words. Remember, you manifest what you think; keep thinking of positive thoughts instead of negative ones!