We’ve compiled the best people come and go quotes to help you face the reality of life!
As humans, we have multiple seasons in our lives. And, each season, we meet people who will help us along our journey.
However, aside from meeting new friends and partners, we also lose people here and there. It can be painful, but we must all accept that it’s a reality of life.
A saying goes, “quality is better than quantity.” This applies to almost any aspect of a person’s life, but in this scenario, it refers to the people we keep in our lives.
We can have a big group of friends, but who amongst those people could we genuinely rely on when we’re at our lowest points? As we grow older, we’ll soon realize how true the saying above is; happiness lies through building authentic connections with people, not superficial ones.
Read the best people come and go quotes and learn more about this topic. Let the quotes below help you gain the knowledge you need to understand that some people aren’t meant to stay in your life forever.
Best People Come and Go Quotes
1. “People come and go in our lives, but memories stay forever.” – Debasish Mridha
2. “People come and go, in and out of each other’s lives like it’s nothing.” – Lauren Barnholdt
3. “People come and go. Everyone that’s been in your life has been there for a reason, to teach you, to love you, or to experience life with you.” – Anonymous
4. “People come and go, but when they stay, they can either be your hell or heaven guide. You have to always choose between knowing hell and heaven, as lessons are what can keep you ticking.” – Anonymous
5. “Life changes, people come and go, and seasons never last.” – Karen Kingsbury
6. “People come and go, and when they go, it’s because they have made the impact they were meant to make in your life.” – Anonymous
7. “The feathers of life are as frail as life itself. People often form these feathers and come and go as though these chapters are in your dream. Life is short enough to pass by sooner than you realize. Learn to live while it stays.” – Anonymous
8. “People come, people go. They’ll drift in and out of your life, almost like characters in a favorite book. When you finally close the cover, the characters have told their story, and you start up again with another book, complete with new characters and adventures. Then you find yourself focusing on the new ones, not the ones from the past.” – Nicholas Sparks
9. “But in life, people come and go. We don’t always have control over it. But we can control how we respond. We can keep going, and keep living the best we can. We can love the people we have instead of shutting them out. We can do our best to get to know them in the time we have.” – Suzanne LaFleur
10. “The fact that people come and go in life as seasons do must remind you that the only constant in life is the change which you must embrace with open arms.” – Samuel Zulu
Sad Quotes About People Who Come and Go
11. “That’s what life is about: people come and go.” – Cecilia Ahern
12. “According to the laws of nature, everything in this life must come to an end which is the reason people need to come and go in your life when their time expires.” – Anonymous
13. “People come and go in our lives. That’s why we have photographs and memories.” – Anonymous
14. “Like actors on stage, people will come and go in your life when their role in your life comes to an end.” – Anonymous
15. “Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some people move our souls to dance. They awaken us to a new understanding with the passing whisper of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon. They stay in our lives for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.” – Flavia Weedn
People Come and Go Quotes to Learn About Love
16. “People come and go, but love always remains. Sometimes beautiful and sometimes a beautiful ache, but love always remains.” – Jen Storms
17. “Seasons change, so do cities. People come into your life, and people go, but it’s comforting to know—the ones you love are always in your heart and, if you’re very lucky, a plane ride away.” – Michael Patrick King
18. “At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.” – Anonymous
19. “People come and go in and out of your life but remember, that it’s up to you to choose who is worth keeping.” – Casper Smith
20. “People come and go in your life, but the one who remains with you till the end is the one who loves you despite your flaws.” – Sathyavathi
People Come and Go Quotes That’ll Help You Move Forward
21. “I don’t give up. I’m a plodder. People come and go, but I stay the course.” – Kevin Costner
22. “Nobody is worth stressing over. People come and go. Move on and go find yourself; the world is yours. Life goes on.” – Anonymous
23. “People come into your life and go, but you will always have to live with yourself. Make yourself pleasant, positive, and peaceful.” – Akin Olokun
24. “We are here to learn, and more often, we learn the best from those who stay for a shorter span of our lives. Going and coming of a person can teach us more about life than can a classroom.” – Anonymous
25. “People come and go. Pain comes and goes, but so does joy. And if our hearts are closed because we don’t want to suffer, they won’t be open enough to recognize the joy as it flies by.” – Geneen Roth
People Come and Go Quotes for Much-Needed Encouragement
26. “Trees never have the same leaves in their lifetime. In like manner, people need to come and go in our lives when their time is up to give space for new people who will teach us new life lessons we need to grow and reach new heights in life.” – Anonymous
27. “They say people come and go. But the truth is, people never really leave; their roles just change.” – Anonymous
28. “People will come and go. Some will love you, some will test you, some will leave you, and some will bless you. Be patient. Everything happens for a reason.” – Anonymous
29. “All along your life, people come and go. Some hurt you, some make you smile, but each one of them leaves something of theirs with us. The new lessons they teach us, the new aspects of life they show us, making us better equipped to face the world—much stronger.” – Karen Salmansohn
30. “Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few, you should hold on. The older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young.” – Mary Schmich
Did This Collection Help You Realize Anything About the Relationships You’ve Built With People?
Some people will inevitably come and go. It will be painful, but you must understand that it’s completely normal; it’s a fact of life.
People would even say that experiencing this is a rite of passage; in some ways, it’s true. We’ll never truly grow if we never experience losing someone we thought would stay in our lives forever.
Though separation can hurt, remember that it’s also accompanied by growth and improvement. So, learn to move on and move forward; by doing so, you’ll become a better person.
What’s important is that you remain strong and confident. Never let your happiness be dependent on others.
Other people, after all, are just there to help you become the best person you can be. It’s great to have companions who will share your joy, but they should never be the sole reason for your happiness.
We hope this list was able to help you understand the normalcy of people coming and going in your life. Do your best to remain strong, and always move past the pain to become a better and more capable person!