If you’re a fan of adventure, comedy, and one of the most iconic characters ever, you’ll enjoy this list of Pirates of the Caribbean quotes!
There are currently five Pirates of the Caribbean movies as of late, and each one just keeps getting better! However, what’s consistent throughout all movies is their sense of mystery and fantasy, their one-of-a-kind characters, and their memorable lines!
We’d even bet that Captain Jack Sparrow’s presence is enough to keep you coming back for more. That’s just how good he is!
However, apart from that, he and the rest of the characters also give some fantastic pieces of advice on life, albeit some in a comedic way. Pirates of the Caribbean also consists of lots of adventure! It has everything that will keep you entertained for days on end.
If you’re curious about the franchise, don’t miss out on this list of the best Pirates of the Caribbean quotes. We’ve rounded up the most famous ones, so you’ll be in for a treat!
Best Pirates of the Caribbean Quotes
1. “Not all treasure’s silver and gold, mate.” – Captain Jack Sparrow
2. “The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand?” – Captain Jack Sparrow
3. “You better start believing in ghost stories, Miss Turner; you’re in one!” – Hector Barbossa
4. “Better mad with the rest of the world than sane alone.” – Elizabeth Swann
5. “The code is more what you’d call ‘guidelines’ than actual rules.” – Hector Barbossa
6. “This is the day you will always remember as the day you almost caught Captain Jack Sparrow.” – Captain Jack Sparrow
7. “By the sweat of our brow and the strength of our backs and the courage in our hearts! Gentlemen, hoist the colors!” – Elizabeth Swann
8. James Norrington: “You are without doubt the worst pirate I’ve ever heard of.”
Captain Jack Sparrow: “But you have heard of me.”
9. Will Turner: “This is either madness or brilliance.”
Captain Jack Sparrow: “It’s remarkable how often those two traits coincide.”
10. “I’m dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly, it’s the honest ones you want to watch out for because you can never predict when they’re going to do something incredibly stupid.” – Captain Jack Sparrow
Pirates of the Caribbean Quotes That Shaped a Whole Generation
11. “Why fight when you can negotiate?” – Captain Jack Sparrow
12. “Did everyone see that? Because I will not be doing it again.” – Captain Jack Sparrow
13. “If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it.” – Captain Jack Sparrow
14. “Why is the rum always gone? Oh, that’s why.” – Captain Jack Sparrow
15. “You need to find yourself a girl, mate.” – Captain Jack Sparrow
16. “Nobody move! I dropped me brain!” – Captain Jack Sparrow
17. “I’ve got a jar of dirt!” – Captain Jack Sparrow
18. Will Turner: “I told myself, ‘Think like Jack.’”
Captain Jack Sparrow: “And this is what you arrived at? Lead Beckett to Shipwreck Cove, gain his trust to accomplish your own ends? It’s like you don’t know me at all, mate. And how does your dearly beloved feel about this? Ah, you’ve not seen fit to tell her.”
Will Turner: “I’m losing her, Jack. Every step I make to my father is a step away from Elizabeth.”
Captain Jack Sparrow: “Mate, if you choose to lock your heart away, you lose it for certain. If I may lend a machete to your intellectual thicket, avoid the choice altogether. Change the facts. Let someone else dispatch Jones—.”
Will Turner: “Who? You?”
Captain Jack Sparrow: “Death has a way of reshuffling one’s priorities. I slip aboard the Dutchman, find the heart, stab the beating thing, free your father from his debt, and you are free to be with your charming murderess.”
Will Turner: “And you’re willing to cut your heart out? Bind yourself to the Dutchman forever?”
Captain Jack Sparrow: “No, mate. I’m free forever. Free to sail the seas beyond the edges of the map, free from death itself.”
19. “The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do. For instance, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man, or you can’t. But pirate is in your blood, boy, so you’ll have to square with that someday. And me, for example, I can let you drown, but I can’t bring this ship into Tortuga all by me onesies, savvy? So, can you sail under the command of a pirate, or can you not?” – Captain Jack Sparrow
Pirates of the Caribbean Quotes for an Unforgettable Adventure
20. “I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.” – Captain Jack Sparrow
21. Elizabeth Swann: “We’ve come to rescue you.”
Captain Jack Sparrow: “Have you now? That’s very kind of you. But it would seem that as I possess a ship, and you don’t, you’re the ones in need of rescuing, and I’m not sure, as I’m in the mood.”
22. Elizabeth Swann: “This is madness.”
Captain Jack Sparrow: “This is politics.”
23. “Close your eyes and pretend it’s all a bad dream; that’s how I get by.” – Captain Jack Sparrow
24. “One word, love: curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it’s like. One day you won’t be able to resist.” – Captain Jack Sparrow
25. “Dying is the day worth living for.” – Hector Barbossa
Pirates of the Caribbean Quotes to Entertain Johnny Depp Fans
26. “I’m Captain Jack Sparrow. The original. The only!” – Captain Jack Sparrow
27. “No survivors? Then where do the stories come from, I wonder.” – Captain Jack Sparrow
28. “No cause is lost, if there is but one fool left to fight for it.” – Captain Jack Sparrow
29. “Crazy people don’t know they’re crazy. I know I’m crazy. Therefore, I’m not crazy. Isn’t that crazy?” – Captain Jack Sparrow
30. “Captain, I wish to report a mutiny. I can name fingers and point names.” – Captain Jack Sparrow
Which Installment Is Your Favorite Pirates of the Caribbean Movie?
While the Pirates of the Caribbean movie franchise is packed with comedic scenes thanks to the superb Captain Jack Sparrow, don’t be mistaken. Each movie also has some great words to live by, which we can all apply in life.
For one, Jack Sparrow teaches us that actions will always speak louder than words. We can boast all we want, but if we don’t act, there’s nothing we can do to improve or change our situation. Remember his famous words, “The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do.”
Another great lesson can be fished from his quote, “If you were waiting for the opportune moment, that was it.” Out of fear of rejection or failure, we try our hardest to find the perfect timing for everything, but sadly, it doesn’t exist. We just have to jump the gun and take a leap of faith!
These are only snippets of what you can learn from the movies. When you do watch it, make sure you watch out for more lessons you can live by—may they be from Captain Jack Sparrow or the rest of the franchise’s characters!