Follow Tiana and Naveen’s journey by reading these The Princess and the Frog quotes we’ve gathered!
When you were little, we’re sure you had a dream you wanted to accomplish at all costs. It’s the same for Tiana, who aspires to open her restaurant in New Orleans and complete her father’s goals.
But, her plans go awry when she meets Prince Naveen, who’s been turned into a frog. Desperate to turn back into a human, Naveen told Tiana that he’d give her the money she needed to turn her dreams into reality if she kissed him. However, instead of solving their problems, Tiana also turned into a frog!
Together, they went on a journey to make everything right again. Through their adventure, they met new friends, fell in love, and learned many meaningful lessons.
No doubt, The Princess and the Frog teaches us that no shortcut will work when trying to reach our dreams. Read on if you want to know more about what happened in the movie.
Continue to the list below.
And don’t forget to check out these The Little Mermaid quotes and Moana quotes.
Best The Princess and the Frog Quotes
1. “Dreams do come true in New Orleans.” – Tiana
2. James: “You know the thing about good food? It brings folks together from all walks of life. It warms them right up, and it puts little smiles on their faces. And when I open up my own restaurant, I tell you, people are gonna line up for miles around, just to get a taste of my food.”
Tiana: “Our food!”
James: “That’s right, baby. Our food.”
3. “Y’all want to be human, but you’re blind to what you need!” – Mama Odie
4. “All my life, I read about true love and fairytales. And Tia, you found it! I’ll kiss him! For you, honey! No marriage required.” – Charlotte La Bouff
5. “She’s just speaking out of a broken heart. That’s all it is.” – Ray
6. “Travis! When a woman says later, she really means not ever! Now, run along. There are plenty of young fillies dyin’ for you to waltz them into a stupor.” – Charlotte La Bouff
7. “My daddy never did get what he wanted. But he had what he needed. He had love! He never lost sight of what was really important. And neither will I!” – Tiana
8. “All women enjoy the kiss of Prince Naveen. Come, we pucker—that’s new.” – Prince Naveen
9. “Evangeline is nothing but a star, Ray! A big ball of hot air, a million miles from here. Open your eyes now before you get hurt.” – Tiana
Famous The Princess and the Frog Quotes
10. “You must give Tiana all the money she requires for her restaurant. Because Tiana—she is my Evangeline.” – Prince Naveen
11. “There is no way I am kissing a frog and eating a bug on the same day.” – Tiana
12. “Louis, Ray here says you’ve been taking us in the wrong direction.” – Tiana
13. “Why, the Bayou’s the best jazz school in the world.” – Louis
14. “For someone who can’t see his feet, you’re very light on them!” – Prince Naveen
15. Tiana: “Voodoo? You mean to tell me all this happened because you were messing with the Shadow Man?”
Prince Naveen: “He was very charismatic!”
Tiana: “It serves me right for wishing on stars. The only way to get what you want in this world is through hard work.”
The Princess and the Frog Quotes That Will Hit Your Soul
16. “I’m not sure I want to be a prince anymore, ‘cause then we would have to go our separate ways. I don’t want that, I want to stay close to you, no matter what. Because I love you.” – Prince Naveen
17. “The evening star is shinin’ bright. So make a wish and hold on tight. There’s magic in the air tonight, and anything can happen.” – Tiana
18. “If you do your best each and every day, good things are sure to come your way.” – Tiana
19. “The only thing important is what’s under the skin.” – Mama Odie
20. “It serves me right for wishing on stars.” – Tiana
21. “I’m gonna do my best to take my place in the sun.” – Tiana
22. “I was beginning to think wishing on stars was just for babies and crazy people.” – Charlotte La Bouff
23. “My dream wouldn’t be complete without you in it.” – Tiana
24. “When you hear that music playin’, hear what I’m saying, it makes you feel alright.” – Tiana
The Princess and the Frog Quotes for Those Who Believe in Fairy Tales
25. Prince Naveen: “You must kiss me.”
Tiana: “Excuse me?”
26. “There’s been trials and tribulations. You know I’ve had my share. But I’ve climbed the mountain, I’ve crossed the river, and I’m almost there.” – Tiana
27. Tiana: “Charlotte’s fairytale book said if you make a wish on the evening star, it’s sure to come true.”
Eudora: “Hmm, won’t you wish on that star, sweetheart?”
James: “Yes. You wish and you dream with all your little heart. But you remember, Tiana, that old star can only take you part of the way. You got to help him with some hard work of your own. And then—yeah, you can do anything you set your mind to. Just promise your daddy one thing. That you’ll never, ever lose sight of what is really important. Okay?”
28. “Alright, now, princess, you’re gettin’ that dress, but that’s it. No more Mr. Pushover. Now, who wants a puppy?” – Eli La Bouff
29. Ray: “I’m a Cajun, bro. Born and bred in the Bayou! Y’all not from ‘round here, are ya?”
Prince Naveen: “Actually, we are from a place far, far away from this world.”
More The Princess and the Frog Quotes to Keep You Entertained
30. “Lawrence! Glad to see you’re finally getting into the music. Do you get my joke? Because your head is, it’s in the tuba.” – Prince Naveen
31. “A bug gotta do what a bug gotta do!” – Ray
32. Mama Odie: “Good to see you again, Ray. How’s your grandmama?”
Ray: “Oh, she fine. Although she got into a little trouble for flashing the neighbors again.”
Mama Odie: “Ooh! I like that gal!”
33. Lawrence: “Sire! I’ve been looking for you everywhere!”
Prince Naveen: “Oh, what a coincidence, Lawrence! I’ve been avoiding you everywhere!”
34. “This is just a minor setback in a major operation! Soon, as I whip up another spell, we’ll be back in business! I still got that froggy prince locked away! I just need a little more time!” – Dr. Facilier
35. “Think of everything you sacrificed. Think of all those people who doubted you, and don’t forget your poor daddy. Now, that was one hard-working man. Double, sometimes, triple shifts. Never let on how bone-tired beat he really was. Shame all that hard work didn’t amount to much more than a busted-up, old gumbo pot and a dream that never gets off the back porch, but you, you can give.” – Dr. Facilier
Are You Willing to Partake in Voodoo to Reach Your Dreams?
Since we were young, we’ve been taught to work hard for our dreams. However, sometimes, the road to accomplishing them is so hard that we feel like we haven’t made any progress. Perhaps this is why people like Tiana get roped into something like voodoo.
Tiana only wanted to fulfill her and her father’s dreams. But, instead of getting to where she wanted to be, Tiana encountered a setback. Tiana turned into a frog, leaving her with fewer chances to open her own restaurant.
This detour led her to the love of her life and the realizations she later learned to apply in life. Wishing upon a star and remaining hopeful helps, but they will never be the only answer to your problems and goals. Instead, we must endure hardships, work hard, and give our all.
Like Tiana, you may meet the love of your life and friends who will stand by you for a lifetime. Read this list of The Princess and the Frog quotes again whenever you need words of encouragement. Remember, working hard for your goals is the most effective and fulfilling way to reach your dreams!