Gain the courage to follow your dreams and heart’s desires by reading these The Little Mermaid quotes!
Disney’s The Little Mermaid tells the story of Ariel, a 16-year-old sea princess who dreams of exploring the land up above. One day, she saves Prince Eric, a human, and falls in love. But, because her father, King Triton, disapproves of anything related to the human world, Ariel turns to Ursula, a sea witch.
She makes a deal with Ursula that results in her losing her voice. Apart from the challenge she needs to face to make Prince Eric fall in love with her, she’s also made to choose between her family at sea and her true love.
These are, indeed, impactful questions for a 16-year-old girl. Read through our collection to learn more about Ariel’s decisions and their implications!
Best The Little Mermaid Quotes
1. “You got your own style, now let it shine through and remember no matter what, you’ve got to be you.” – Sebastian
2. “Children have got to be free to lead their own lives.” – Sebastian
3. “We got no troubles. Life is the bubbles, under the sea.” – Sebastian
4. “I don’t see how a world that makes such wonderful things could be so bad.” – Ariel
5. “The seaweed is always greener in somebody else’s lake.” – Sebastian
6. “Watch, and you’ll see; someday I’ll be part of your world.” – Ariel
7. “Isn’t this great? The salty sea air, the wind blowing in your face. A perfect day to be at sea!” – Prince Eric
8. “Yes, I’ve had the odd complaint, but on the whole, I’ve been a saint.” – Ursula
9. “Have I ever been wrong? I mean, when it’s important!” – Scuttle
10. King Triton: “Well, I guess there’s one problem left.”
Sebastian: “And what’s that, Your Majesty?”
King Triton: “How much I’m going to miss her.”
The Little Mermaid Quotes for Lines Packed With Lessons for Little Princesses
11. “The human world, it’s a mess.” – Sebastian
12. “Far better than any dream girl is one of flesh and blood. One warm, and caring, and right before your eyes.” – Prince Eric
13. “Ariel, please! Will you get your head out of the clouds and back in the water where it belongs?” – Sebastian
14. “As long as you live under my ocean, you’ll obey my rules.” – King Triton
15. “Teenagers. They think they know everything. You give them an inch, they swim all over you.” – Sebastian
16. “Life’s full of tough choices, isn’t it?” – Ursula
17. “You can’t get something for nothing, you know?” – Ursula
18. “You’re not getting cold fins now, are you?” – Ariel
19. “Life under the sea is better than anything they got up there.” – Sebastian
20. “Don’t underestimate the importance of body language.” – Ursula
The Little Mermaid Quotes to Read Over and Over
21. “So much for true love!” – Ursula
22. “Don’t be such a guppy.” – Ariel
23. “This has got to be, without a doubt, the single most humiliating day of my life.” – Sebastian
24. “Poor unfortunate souls!” – Ursula
25. “It’s a dinglehopper. Humans use these little babies to straighten their hair out.” – Scuttle
More The Little Mermaid Quotes That Every Disney Fan Will Love
26. “I’ve got gadgets and gizmos aplenty. I have whoozits and whatzits galore. You want thingamabobs? I’ve got 20. But who cares? No big deal. I want more.” – Ariel
27. “I consider myself a reasonable merman.” – King Triton
28. “I want to be where the people are.” – Ariel
29. “Well, it’s time Ursula took matters into her own tentacles!” – Ursula
30. “Okay. Yeah, you go. I’ll stay and—what? Sharks? Ariel!” – Flounder
What Would You Do if You Faced the Same Problems as Ariel?
Ariel found it hard to be her true self with her family since everything she loved and adored was not allowed by her father. King Triton was prejudiced against humans and viewed them as violent people who would destroy and hurt his kingdom. Because of his one-sided view of things, he led his daughter, Ariel, to resort to asking for help from Ursula.
While King Triton was not entirely at fault, he was still too harsh on his daughter. On the other hand, Ariel was too emotionally driven, leading her to make countless mistakes. She signed a contract without reading its details, turned her back away from her family, and left home without a word.
Yes, true love is worth fighting for, and it’s alright to choose love as your priority. However, we shouldn’t make decisions rashly. Sometimes, all we need to do is to talk it out with our loved ones; after all, our family will always understand and support us as long as they’re sure we’ll be happy.
Luckily, everything turned out well for Ariel. Her father accepted her decisions, and she indeed found true and everlasting love with Prince Eric.
So, the next time you face a similar situation, make sure you don’t act without thinking. Always reflect on your decisions, as you might be making a grave mistake. Remember, not everyone’s as lucky as Ariel, who got everything to turn out well in the end!