Read these self-image quotes and develop a positive mental picture of yourself!
Self-image is all about one’s thoughts of themselves. It is a collection of our beliefs, expectations, and how everything affects our capabilities.
Our perception of ourselves also includes our views on our morals, values, and goals.
Truly, self-image is something that encompasses all aspects of our life. People with a healthy self-image believe they are capable of achieving their goals.
But, if they lack confidence in themselves, they will not be as motivated to succeed, be as persistent, or be as willing to take risks.
So, it follows that to have self-confidence, one must also have a good self-image. Positively picture yourself and boost your self-esteem!
If you need help with this, feel free to read the whole collection below; it will help you refine your mindset and understand yourself better!
And don’t forget to check out these self-love quotes and self-care quotes.
Best Self-Image Quotes
1. “The self-image is the key to human personality and human behavior. Change your self-image, and you change your personality and your behavior.” – Maxwell Maltz
2. “A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success.” – Joyce Brothers
3. “The past is not simply the past, but a prism through which the subject filters his own changing self-image.” – Doris Kearns Goodwin
4. “Seeing, feeling, thinking, believing—these are the stages of how we change our style on the outside and our self-image on the inside.” – Stacy London
5. “You can’t outperform your self-image. You have the choice to take the cap off and stretch yourself and do what’s both uncommon and uncomfortable.” – Farshad Asl
Inspirational Self-Image Quotes
6. “A true self-image will be based on how much you are living out your values.” – Steve Peters
7. “The person we believe ourselves to be will always act in a manner consistent with our self-image.” – Brian Tracy
8. “We each have the power to construct our own self-image and that the self-image we construct will very likely determine what we become in life.” – Bob Rotella
9. “One of the good things about accomplishing something is that it helps your self-image of yourself.” – Ann Reinking
10. “I had to grow to love my body. I did not have a good self-image at first. Finally, it occurred to me that I’m either going to love me or hate me. And I chose to love myself. Then everything kind of sprung from there. Things that I thought weren’t attractive became sexy. Confidence makes you sexy.” – Queen Latifah
Short Quotes About Self-Image
11. “Relentless, repetitive self-talk is what changes our self-image.” – Denis Waitley
12. “Self-image sets the boundaries of individual accomplishment.” – Maxwell Maltz
13. “The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself.” – Maya Angelou
14. “The most important thing a parent can give a child is a positive self-image.” – Gary Mack
15. “How others see you is not as important as how you see yourself!” – Bohdi Sanders
16. “Even a mirror will not show you yourself if you do not wish to see.” – Roger Zelazny
17. “Energy doesn’t lie; what you attract is who you are.” – Lebo Grand
18. “The same light you see in others is shining within you, too.” – Anonymous
19. “Working on yourself will reveal a new image of yourself.” – Sunday Adelaja
Also read: Short Quotes, Famous Quotes
Self-Image Quotes That’ll Boost Your Self-Esteem
20. “A positive self-image has little relationship to our material circumstances.” – Ezra Taft
21. “Self-image can be improved by gaining new hobbies and skills. The basis of this is: in order to love oneself, one must be someone worth loving.” – Zachariah Renfro
22. “Why should we worry about what others think of us? Do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?” – Brigham Young
23. “If you’re not all that fond of the image in the mirror, don’t get rid of the mirror. Rather, get rid of the people that shaped what you’re seeing in the mirror.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
24. “The next time you find yourself ashamed of your reflection, put on your new lens. Not the lens of the world, but the lens of the Word. The only lens that will reveal your true reflection.” – Tessa Emily Hall
25. “Fear echoes your self-defined limitations, not your actual ones. To change your self-image, you must face what scares you.” – Vironika Tugaleva
Also read: Uniqueness Quotes
Self-Image Quotes to Better Understand Yourself
26. “The more you understand yourself and your emotions, the more you like discovering yourself.” – James Hilton
27. “No matter how I might feel about myself or my self-image, there is still a part of me that wants to fight to the end.” – Willie Aames
28. “Your self-image largely determines your performance on the outside. Your mental picture of yourself has a powerful effect on your behavior.” – Brian Tracy
29. “Your self-image is the result of all you have given your subconscious mind as a database, so regardless of your background, what you are willing to become is the only reality that counts.” – Paul J. Meyer
30. “A diminished self-image causes us to slouch, to avoid looking others in the eye, to be unassertive, to be indecisive. On the other hand, a healthy self-image causes us to carry ourselves well, to speak confidently, and to portray dignity.” – Wu Wei
Self-Image Quotes for People Who Don’t Think Highly of Themselves
31. “People can very quickly have a very poor self-image. It doesn’t take much.” – Paddy Considine
32. “Don’t let your negative self-image obstruct the spectacular view someone else has of you.” – K.J. Redelinghuys
33. “A poor self-image is a magnifying glass that can transform a trivial mistake or an imperfection into an overwhelming symbol of personal defeat.” – David D. Burns
34. “It’s not who you are that holds you back; it’s who you think you’re not.” – Anonymous
35. “A person who is unhappy with life realizes that their construction of a self-image is incompatible with their earthly reality.” – Kilroy J. Oldster
More Self-Image Quotes That Tackle the Concept of Identity
36. “Distortions control my self-image like they do for a lot of us. It’s irrational.” – Ron Perlman
37. “Be in the habit of experimenting with your clothing so that you don’t get stuck for life with a self-image developed over the course of high school.” – Marilyn vos Savant
38. “We don’t realize how much racism has tainted our self-image as human beings.” – Ruby Dee
39. “Perfection—it functions as a form of myopia, a preoccupation with a self-image that can stunt emotional growth.” – Kathleen Norris
40. “A strict self-image demonstrates a predisposition to maintain a rigid explanation and definition of a person. Our self-image becomes self-perpetuating because of the tendency of the mind to exhibit partiality regarding what we attend to and a preference in what we are prepared to accept as true about the world and ourselves.” – Kilroy J. Oldster
Did These Self-Image Quotes Make You Feel Better About Yourself?
Our perception of ourselves can either be positive or negative. Sadly, most people have a negative self-image. This leads them to have low self-esteem and low self-confidence.
To achieve whatever we want out of life, we must first shift our self-image into something more positive. We must do some self-introspection to find the good parts of ourselves. After all, everyone has positive sides to them; we just let them drown in negative thoughts.
We all have weaknesses and flaws, but this does not mean we should devalue ourselves. Remember, these are all things that make us unique. And, in time and with the right amount of effort, they can also turn into advantages.
Boosting your self-esteem and self-confidence won’t be easy. But, as long as you have a positive mental image of who you are, and if you picture yourself in the best way possible, you’ll be one step closer!
We hope these self-image quotes were able to help you improve the way you feel about yourself. Remember that no matter what others think of you, you are unique, powerful, and strong! So, be confident and do what makes you happy!