Read these top 60 be yourself quotes and be inspired to unleash your most genuine and authentic self to the world.
With social media and the internet, being ourselves is daunting. We get so caught up in the seemingly perfect lives presented online that we forget that each person has their own ups and downs.
We become blinded by the illusion of flawlessness. Thus, we think we should always be perfect, too.
But, we must never forget that each one of us is unique. We have different body types, skin colors, cultures, beliefs, talents, and more.
We should never try to be something or somebody we’re not because doing so will lead to insecurity, fear, and failure.
Let’s use our unique characteristics and special talents to make our mark on this world. Don’t be afraid and gain the courage to be yourself by reading this collection we’ve prepared.
And make sure to read these self-love quotes and self-care quotes.
Best Be Yourself Quotes
1. “Don’t worry what people say or what people think. Be yourself.” – Brett Hull
2. “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
3. “Be yourself, don’t take anything from anyone, and never let them take you alive.” – Gerard Way
4. “Always be yourself because once you lose yourself, you lose everything.” – Brendon Thutso
5. “Always be yourself. At the end of the day, that’s all you’ve really got; when you strip everything down, that’s all you’ve got, so always be yourself.” – Al Roker
Famous Be Yourself Quotes
6. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
7. “Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.” – Bruce Lee
8. “Be who you were created to be, and you will set the world on fire.” – St. Catherine of Sienna
9. “Be yourself and set the trend. Don’t follow.” – YG
10. “To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle that any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.” – E.E. Cummings
Be Yourself Quotes That’ll Inspire You to Show Your True Self
11. “There is only one you for all time. Fearlessly be yourself.” – Anthony Rapp
12. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” – Bernard Bach
13. “To shine your brightest light is to be who you truly are.” – Roy T. Bennett
14. “You, being yourself, unknowingly inspire others to be themselves.” – Mooji
15. “About all you can do in life is be who you are. Some people will love you for you. Most will love you for what you can do for them, and some won’t like you at all.” – Rita Mae Brown
Also read: Inspirational Quotes, Positive Quotes
Be Yourself Quotes That Zoom in on Authenticity
16. “In a world where you can be anything, be yourself.” – Anonymous
17. “No other version, no matter how perfect it is, would ever feel better than being your true self.” – Edmond Mbiaka
18. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thích Nhất Hạnh
19. “If you can just be yourself, then you have to be original because there’s no one like you.” – Marc Newsom
20. “Don’t worry about what the people say; be yourself, and say what you want to say with respect.” – Mariano Rivera
Wise Be Yourself Quotes to Live By
21. “Be yourself. That is something you can do better than anyone else. Listen to that inner voice and bravely follow it.” – Anonymous
22. “To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on.” – Dave Pelzer
23. “Just be yourself, let people see the real, imperfect, flawed, quirky, weird, beautiful, and magical person that you are.” – Mandy Hale
24. “Be yourself. Above all, let who you are, what you are, what you believe, shine through every sentence you write, every piece you finish.” – John Jakes
25. “Just be you—be beautiful and be comfortable in your own skin.” – Helen Edwards
Also read: Quotes to Live By, Encouraging Quotes
Short Be Yourself Quotes for Those Who Need Uplifting
26. “Shine bright, be yourself.” – Stephen Richards
27. “Just be yourself; there is no one better.” – Taylor Swift
28. “Don’t try to fit in or stand out—just be yourself.” – Kunal Khemu
29. “Don’t try to impress people. Always be yourself!” – Bella Thorne
30. “Be who you are, not who the world wants you to be.” – Anonymous
31. “I feel that the simplicity of life is just being yourself.” – Bobby Brown
32. “You change the world by being yourself.” – Yoko Ono
33. “Be yourself, but always your better self.” – Karl G. Maeser
34. “Never apologize for being yourself.” – Paolo Coelho
35. “You eliminate competition by being yourself.” – Dan Go
Be Yourself Quotes to Boost Your Confidence
36. “Being different isn’t a bad thing. It means you’re brave enough to be yourself.” – Luna Lovegood
37. “You just have to be yourself and go full with confidence and be courageous.” – Gabby Douglas
38. “Accept right now that you are magnificent. Being your real, true, authentic self is what’s most awesome about you.” – Gabby Bernstein
39. “Being confident is the key to life. Don’t be afraid to be you! I’m super different from a lot of kids my age with style and personality, and I’m okay with it. And if you are okay with it, everyone else will be, too. Just be yourself.” – Leo Howard
40. “Being yourself is all it takes. If you want to impress someone, don’t be someone else. Just be yourself.” – Selena Gomez
41. “It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are.” – E.E. Cummings
42. “Be everything that you are unapologetically; most of you will find out that you are not just one color, you are a rainbow.” – Mridula Singh
Also read: Quotes About Confidence
Positive Be Yourself Quotes to Help You Deal With Life
43. “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” – Shannon L. Alder
44. “The only way you’re going to get through life, happily, is being yourself.” – Nikki Blonsky
45. “Just enjoy every moment—don’t stress. Just be yourself.” – Mabel
46. “Why try to be someone you’re not? Life is hard enough without adding impersonation to the skills required.” – Robert Brault
47. “Don’t chase people. Be yourself, do your own thing, and work hard. The right people—the ones who really belong in your life—will come to you and stay.” – Will Smith
Be Yourself Quotes That Will Change Your Mindset
48. “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” – Lao Tzu
49. “Don’t wish to be normal. Wish to be yourself. To the hilt. Find out what you’re best at, and develop it, and hopscotch your weaknesses. Wish to be great at whatever you are.” – Lois McMaster Bujold
50. “It sounds so simple, but if you just be yourself, you’re different than anyone else.” – Tony Bennett
51. “You can’t think about things you want to change. Just be yourself.” – Ethan Embry
52. “Not everyone will understand you or get your energy. Don’t worry about pleasing everyone; just worry about becoming your best self.” – Anonymous
53. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second-rate version of someone else.” – Judy Garland
Be Yourself Quotes to Help You Reach Success
54. “True success will come when you have the courage to be yourself.” – Marcela Valladolid
55. “Just be yourself. Be honest, work towards a goal, and you’ll achieve it.” – Emraan Hashmi
56. “The secret to success is to be yourself.” – S. Sreesanth
More Be Yourself Quotes for Your Curious Mind
57. “By being yourself, you put something beautiful into the world that was not there before.” – Edwin Elliot
58. “Let go of who you think you need to be and just be who you actually are.” – Anonymous
59. “Some people like you, some people don’t. In the end, you just have to be yourself.” – Andres Iniesta
60. “Don’t let others box you into their idea of what they think you should be. A confined identity is a miserable way to exist. Be you and live free. Trust that in living true to yourself, you will attract people that support and love you, just as you are.” – Jaeda DeWalt
Did These Quotes Help You Recognize the Importance of Being True to Yourself?
We can’t even start counting how many photos and reels we watch daily. We’re bombarded with images of others’ seemingly perfect lives that we tend to forget that most people, like us, only publish the highlights of their lives online.
After all, not everybody’s open to sharing the dark parts of themselves. Because of the lack of rawness, we believe that others live a life free from worries. More than this, in reality, we’re surrounded by people who think they can dictate who we should be.
But, we must remember that we have the power to decide who we are; no one can take that from us. Don’t be afraid of criticism, comments, and the opinions of others. You control how you act, speak, and dress; as long as you don’t harm others, there’s nothing wrong with living life as authentically as possible.
Just be yourself in whatever situation, and you will never regret your actions and decisions. When you let yourself shine, you’re filled with a boost of self-esteem and self-confidence that you can never compare to others.
It’s a scary task to fulfill, but reread these be yourself quotes whenever you need some inspiration. Let this collection motivate you to find and reveal your true self to the world!