There’s nothing better than reading these top 30 Sex and the City quotes whenever you need some words of inspiration and guidance!
If you haven’t heard of Carrie Bradshaw, you’ve probably been living under a rock. She’s the protagonist of the iconic TV series, Sex and the City. Carrie is a writer who talks about the ins and outs of the modern dating scene in Manhattan, New York.
Her quips on life and love are relatable since she draws inspiration from her personal experiences and friends. Though fictional, Carrie Bradshaw gives us a glimpse of everyday happenings that many people can relate to. In fact, Sex and the City has become such an icon and cult classic that it’s being quoted over and over again!
So, if you want to gain some insights from Carrie Bradshaw and her friends, read on! We’ve gathered some of our top picks of Sex and the City quotes!
Let’s start here.
And don’t forget to check out these And Just Like That quotes.
Best Sex and the City Quotes
1. “They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style.” – Carrie Bradshaw
2. “A relationship is like couture; if it doesn’t fit perfectly, it’s a disaster.” – Carrie Bradshaw
3. “Some love stories aren’t epic novels. Some are short stories, but that doesn’t make them any less filled with love.” – Carrie Bradshaw
4. “Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy, and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.” – Carrie Bradshaw
5. “After all, computers crash, people die, relationships fall apart. The best we can do is breathe and reboot.” – Carrie Bradshaw
6. “It wasn’t logic; it was love.” – Carrie Bradshaw
7. “If you love someone and you break up, where does the love go?” – Carrie Bradshaw
8. “There is a good way to break up with someone, and it doesn’t include a Post-It!” – Carrie Bradshaw
9. “It’s hard to find people who will love you no matter what. I was lucky enough to find three of them.” – Carrie Bradshaw
10. “Sometimes, we need to stop analyzing the past, stop planning the future, stop figuring out precisely how we feel, stop deciding exactly what we want, and just see what happens.” – Carrie Bradshaw
Famous Sex and the City Quotes
11. “Don’t forget to fall in love with yourself.” – Carrie Bradshaw
12. “The most exciting, challenging, and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone to love the you, you love, well, that’s just fabulous.” – Carrie Bradshaw
13. “I’m looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous. Inconvenient. Consuming. Can’t-live-without-each-other love.” – Carrie Bradshaw
14. “Maybe some women aren’t meant to be tamed. Maybe they need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with.” – Carrie Bradshaw
15. “I love you so much my heart hurts. Is that what love is supposed to feel like? Like pain?” – Carrie Bradshaw
Sex and the City Quotes to Read Over and Over Again
16. “I like my money where I can see it—hanging in my closet.” – Carrie Bradshaw
17. “After he left, I cried for a week. And then I realized I do have faith. Faith in myself. Faith that I would one day meet someone who would be sure that I was the one.” – Carrie Bradshaw
18. “Maybe we can be each other’s soulmates. And then we can let men be just these great, nice guys to have fun with.” – Charlotte York
19. “F*ck me badly once, shame on you. F*ck me badly twice, shame on me.” – Samantha Jones
20. “I revealed too much too soon. I was emotionally slutty.” – Carrie Bradshaw
Sex and the City Quotes That Shaped a Whole Generation
21. “Relationships are not about playing games. They’re about mature and honest communication.” – Miranda Hobbes
22. “One woman’s trash is another woman’s treasure.” – Charlotte York
23. “I feel the same way about being a bridesmaid as you feel about Botox. Painful and unnecessary.” – Samantha Jones
24. “You know marriage doesn’t guarantee a happy ending, just an ending.” – Samantha Jones
25. “Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives.” – Carrie Bradshaw
More Sex and the City Quotes for Fans of This Iconic Show
26. “The good ones screw you, the bad ones screw you, and the rest don’t know how to screw you.” – Samantha Jones
27. “Maybe the best any of us can do is not to quit, play the hand we’ve been given, and accessorize the outfit we got.” – Carrie Bradshaw
28. “Balls are to men what purses are to women. It’s just a little bag, but we’d feel naked in public without it.” – Carrie Bradshaw
29. “I’m gonna splash some water on my face, and then I’m going home. And I will not be judged by you or society. I will wear whatever, and blow whomever I want, as long as I can breathe and kneel.” – Samantha Jones
30. “If I worried about what every b*tch in New York was saying about me, I’d never leave the house.” – Samantha Jones
What’s Your Go-to Sex and the City Quote?
No one can contest that Sex and the City is one of the most beloved TV series of all time. Its writing, plot, characters, and the very presence of Sarah Jessica Parker are things that make viewers come back for more.
Sarah Jessica Parker’s portrayal of Carrie Bradshaw was just so perfect and on-point that we feel like we were actually one of her best friends. And, through the series, we get a deeper understanding of what goes on in relationships, how love comes into play in life, and more.
Sex and the City and its quotes will undoubtedly take you on a rollercoaster ride of emotions! You can laugh hard at one line and suddenly feel your heart break because of another. Whatever emotion the quotes evoke, one thing is for sure: Sex and the City is a timeless classic that offers a piece of wisdom for everyone.
If you haven’t watched the series yet, it’s not too late! We hope that the quotes we’ve included in this list were able to push you to do just that. And, if you’re already an avid fan, then we hope we were able to help you relive your favorite scenes from the series.
Let’s learn from Carrie Bradshaw, Samantha Jones, Charlotte York, and Miranda Hobbes. Life and love will always be intertwined, so remember to live with all its ups and downs!