When you need words of encouragement to help you fire up your team, read these teamwork quotes we’ve gathered.
As humans, we all want to succeed in what we do. However, at times, we get so caught up in trying to do things by ourselves that we forget there are other people around us to help make things easier.
We can all claim that we can succeed by ourselves. Yet, wouldn’t it be much better if there were like-minded people who would compensate for our shortcomings and complement our strengths?
This is where teamwork comes in. Teamwork is all about trust, commitment, and fueling each other’s desire to achieve great things.
Through it, we can accomplish even greater things—greater than those we could achieve when we’re alone. As Helen Keller said, “Alone, we can do so little; together, we can do so much.”
Set your team up for success by reading these teamwork quotes we’ve compiled. We’re positive each line will be helpful at work or in other aspects of life!
Best Teamwork Quotes
1. “Teamwork begins by building trust. And the only way to do that is to overcome our need for invulnerability.” – Patrick Lencioni
2. “Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.” – Andrew Carnegie
3. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence win championships.” – Michael Jordan
4. “The strength of the team is each individual member. The strength of each member is the team.” – Phil Jackson
5. “Teamwork is a make-or-break situation. Either you help make it, or the lack of it will break you.” – Kris A. Hiatt
6. “Individual commitment to a group effort—that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.” – Vince Lombardi
7. “Teamwork. A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.” – Justin Sewell
8. “The nicest thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side.” – Margaret Carty
9. “Teams are incredible things. No task is too great, no accomplishment too grand, and no dream too far-fetched for a team. It takes teamwork to make the dream work.” – John Maxwell
10. “Teamwork is really a form of trust. It’s what happens when you surrender the mistaken idea that you can go it alone and realize that you won’t achieve your individual goals without the support of your colleagues.” – Pat Summit
Inspirational Teamwork Quotes
11. “Alone, we can do so little; together, we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
12. “The ratio of ‘We’s’ to ‘I’s’ is the best indicator of the development of a team.” – Lewis B. Ergen
13. “One piece of log creates a small fire, adequate to warm you up; add just a few more pieces to blast an immense bonfire, large enough to warm up your entire circle of friends. Needless to say that individuality counts, but teamwork dynamites.” – Jin Kwon
14. “Team spirit is knowing and living the belief that what a group of people can accomplish together is much larger, far greater, and will exceed that which an individual can accomplish alone.” – Diane Arias
15. “It’s better to have a great team than a team of greats.” – Simon Sinek
16. “The main ingredient of stardom is the rest of the team.” – John Wooden
17. “A team is not a group of people who work together, but a team is a group of people who trust each other.” – Simon Sinek
18. “Teamwork is the best ever investment. If I make three and you make five, together we will not make eight. We will make 15. Leaders build active teams.” – Israelmore Ayivor
Motivational Quotes for Teamwork
19. “No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it.” – H.E. Luccock
20. “No matter how brilliant your mind or strategy, if you’re playing a solo game, you’ll always lose out to a team.” – Reid Hoffman
21. “The best teamwork comes from men who are working independently toward one goal in unison.” – James Cash Penney
22. “A group becomes a team when each member is sure enough of himself and his contribution to praise the skills of others.” – Norman Shidle
23. “Individually, we are one drop. Together, we are an ocean.” – Ryunosuke Satoro
24. “In teamwork, silence isn’t golden; it’s deadly.” – Mark Sanborn
25. “A team is more than a collection of people. It is a process of giving and taking.” – Barbara Glacel
26. “Teamwork requires that everyone’s efforts flow in a single direction. Feelings of significance happen when a team’s energy takes on a life of its own.” – Pat Riley
27. “Great teamwork is the only way we create the breakthroughs that define our careers.” – Pat Riley
28. “Teamwork means that you are willing to compromise when it is best for the team to advance to reach their goals.” – Byron Pulsifer
Teamwork Quotes That’ll Set You up for Success
29. “Great things in business are never done by one person; they’re done by a team of people.” – Steve Jobs
30. “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” – Babe Ruth
31. “There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others.” – George Shinn
32. “If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself.” – Henry Ford
33. “Teamwork is the lynchpin in our long-term success.” – Ned Lautenbach
34. “Without teamwork, there is no way that the company is going to experience success. In teams, individuals will work together and accomplish a lot more than what they do by themselves.” – Michael Welton
Wise Teamwork Quotes for Work
35. “A group is a bunch of people in an elevator. A team is a bunch of people in an elevator, but the elevator is broken.” – Bonnie Edelstein
36. “In business, nothing great can be done by one person alone—typically. But, with a team, great things can happen.” – Steven Dunlop
37. “If you take out the team in teamwork, it just works. Now who wants that?” – Matthew Woodring Stover
38. “I invite everyone to choose forgiveness rather than division, teamwork over personal ambition.” – Jean-Francois Cope
39. “There is immense power when a group of people with similar interests gets together to work toward the same goals.” – Idowu Koyenikan
40. “Teamwork is the quintessential contradiction of a society grounded in individual achievement.” – Marvin Weisbord
41. “Not finance. Not a strategy. Not technology. It is teamwork that remains the ultimate competitive advantage—both because it is so powerful and rare.” – Patrick Lencioni
42. “To build a strong team, you must see someone else’s strength as a complement to your weakness and not a threat to your position or authority.” – Christine Caine
43. “When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality.” – Joe Paterno
44. “The combined results of several people working together is often much more effective than could be that of an individual scientist working alone.” – John Bardeen
Teamwork Quotes and Sayings to Guide You Throughout Life
45. “If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” – African Proverb
46. “Teamwork. Simply stated, it is less me and more we.” – Anonymous
47. “None of us is as smart as all of us.” – Ken Blanchard
48. “Many hands make light work.” – John Heywood
49. “Teamwork divides the task and doubles the success.” – Anonymous
50. “Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes
Did These Quotes Change Your Mind About Working on Things Alone?
Humans are naturally selfish beings, and it’s part of our nature to want all the glory and recognition whenever a task is accomplished. But, we must also remember that we are social beings who rely on each other for support.
If we continue wanting to walk the path alone, who knows where we’ll go; we might even get lost! To avoid these things, we need like-minded individuals with a common goal to help us on our journey.
When we work as a team, we get more things done because each of us has different strengths and weaknesses. Everyone on a team complements each other; thus, reaching the goal becomes more feasible.
Apart from that, wouldn’t success be more worthwhile if we had other people to celebrate it with? In teams, we’ll never be alone—be it in the ups of our careers or at our lowest points.
Just this one fact alone makes teamwork worthwhile. So, though it’s great to cultivate your talents, remember that not all things should be done alone; sometimes, working in a team will bring a more worthwhile result!
Let the quotes we’ve gathered above inspire you to add more unity and collaboration in whatever you do. Doing so will set you up for more success and accomplishments!