If you’re having a hard time adjusting to the million things you must do at the office, read these quotes for work we’ve compiled!
Work is necessary for us to reach our goals. However, the amount of work some people face gets too much at times.
We feel like we’re wasting precious hours of our days without seeing any concrete results.
But, we must remember that success doesn’t happen instantly, and it will take time before our effort actually produces the results we want.
So, to keep you inspired while working, make sure you read these quotes we’ve compiled! We’re positive you’ll gain a more positive perspective when it comes to having the right mindset and work ethic.
Best Quotes for Work
1. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.” – Steve Jobs
2. “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” – Abraham Lincoln
3. “Don’t be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves.” – William Patten
4. “You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.” – John C. Maxwell
5. “If you are working on something exciting that you really care about, you don’t have to be pushed. The vision pulls you.” – Steve Jobs
6. “Without ambition, one starts nothing. Without work, one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it.“ – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Inspirational Quotes for Work
7. “The individual who says it is not possible should move out of the way of those doing it.” – Tricia Cunningham
8. “Just don’t give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” – Ella Fitzgerald
9. “Define success on your own terms, achieve it by your own rules, and build a life you’re proud to live.” – Anne Sweeney
10. “Start by doing what’s necessary, then what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” – St. Francis
11. “People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.” – Dale Carnegie
12. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
Encouraging Work Quotes
13. “Talent means nothing, while experience—acquired in humility and with hard work—means everything.” – Patrick Suskind
14. “If I create from the heart, nearly everything works; if from the head, almost nothing.” – Marc Chagall
15. “If you are not where you want to be, do not quit. Instead, reinvent yourself and change your habits.” – Eric Thomas
16. “Don’t be afraid of hard work. Nothing worthwhile comes easily. Don’t let others discourage you or tell you that you can’t do it. In my day I was told women didn’t go into chemistry. I saw no reason why we couldn’t.” – Gertrude B. Elion
17. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison
Short Work Quotes
18. “The more I want to get something done, the less I call it work.” – Richard Bach
19. “Either you run the day or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
20. “Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.” – Dale Carnegie
21. “It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
22. “Always deliver more than expected.” – Larry Page
23. “If you have time to whine, then you have time to find a solution.” – Dee Dee Artner
24. “You are not your resume, you are your work.” – Seth Godin
Also read: Short Quotes
Quotes for Work to Motivate You to Give Your All
25. “Work harder on you than everyone else and you will become unusually successful.” – Dani Johnson
26. “Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those doing it.” – Chinese Proverb
27. “Developing a good work ethic is key. Apply yourself at whatever you do, whether you’re a janitor or taking your first summer job because that work ethic will be reflected in everything you do in life.” – Tyler Perry
28. “Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are it will burn very briefly.” – Stephen R. Covey
29. “Do more than is required. What is the distance between someone who achieves their goals consistently and those who spend their lives and careers merely following? The extra mile.” – Gary Ryan Blair
30. “Whatever you do, do it with all your might. Work at it, early and late, in season and out of season, not leaving a stone unturned, and never deferring for a single hour, which can be done just as well as now.” – Margaret Fuller
Quotes for Work to Help You Concentrate on Your Goals
31. “Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work in hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus.” – Alexander Graham Bell
32. “Plenty of men can do good work for a spurt and with an immediate promotion in mind, but for promotion, you want a man in whom good work has become a habit.” – Henry L. Doherty
33. “By recording your dreams and goals on paper, you set in motion the process of becoming the person you most want to be. Put your future in good hands—your own.” – Mark Victor Hansen
34. “I don’t focus on what I’m up against. I focus on my goals and I try to ignore the rest.” – Venus Williams
35. “One of the best pieces of advice I ever got was from a horse master. He told me to go slow to go fast. I think that applies to everything in life. We live as though there aren’t enough hours in the day but if we do each thing calmly and carefully we will get it done quicker and with much less stress.” – Viggo Mortensen
Quotes for Work to Make You a Better Team Player and Leader
36. “Coming together is a beginning, keeping together is progress, working together is success.” – Henry Ford
37. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams
38. “Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life.” – Amy Poehler
39. “A professional is someone who can do his best work when he doesn’t feel like it.” – Alistair Cook
40. “There is no such thing as a self-made man. You will reach your goals only with the help of others.” – George Shinn
Quotes for Work That Will Lead You to Success
41. “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
42. “Don’t aim for success if you want it, just do what you love and believe in and it will come naturally.” – David Frost
43. “Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal. Nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude.” – Thomas Jefferson
44. “I would visualize things coming to me. It would just make me feel better. Visualization works if you work hard. That’s the thing. You can’t just visualize and go eat a sandwich.” – Jim Carrey
45. “Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.” – Dwayne Johnson
46. “If you work just for money, you’ll never make it. But if you love what you’re doing and you always put the customer first, success will be yours.” – Ray Kroc
Positive Quotes for Work
47. “When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.” – Elon Musk
48. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. Thoughts are things! And powerful things at that—when mixed with definiteness of purpose, and burning desire—can be translated into riches.” – Napoleon Hill
49. “Dreams can come true, but there is a secret. They’re realized through the magic of persistence, determination, commitment, passion, practice, focus, and hard work. They happen a step at a time, manifested over years, not weeks.” – Elbert Hubbard
50. “This is the real secret of life—to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now. And instead of calling it work, realize it is play.” – Alan Wilson Watts
51. “Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can’t buy more hours. Scientists can’t invent new minutes. And you can’t save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you’ve wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow.” – Denis Waitley
Quotes for Work That You Need to Read Today
52. “Don’t lament so much about how your career is going to turn out. You don’t have a career. You have a life.” – Cheryl Strayed
53. “Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, you ought to set up a life you don’t need to escape from.” – Seth Godin
54. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.” – Mark Twain
55. “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.” – Vince Lombardi
More Quotes for Work That’ll Make You Giggle
56. “If plan A doesn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters—204 if you’re in Japan.” – Claire Cook
57. “We have a strategic plan. It’s called doing things.” – Herb Kelleher
58. “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing—that’s why we recommend it daily.” – Zig Ziglar
59. “If you must have motivation, think of your paycheck on Friday.” – Noel Coward
60. “Follow your passion, stay true to yourself, and never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path then, by all means, you should follow that.” – Ellen Degeneres
Do You Think It’s Important to Stay Inspired While Working?
Few are lucky to pursue careers in the arts where everything is ever-changing. Most can get stuck in the mundane routine of corporate work. This leads to demotivation and a lack of drive and passion for what they need to do to succeed.
That’s why it’s important to always find something that inspires you in your workplace. It doesn’t have to be big things like a possible promotion. Something as simple as meeting your colleagues or finishing a task that’s been on your to-do list can give you enough drive and encouragement!
Through the quotes for work we’ve compiled, we hope you were able to see that the little things—every little bit of progress—count for something, too! There will always be something to look forward to at work, as long as you have a good mindset and work ethic. It also helps if you’re doing something you love!
So, never settle for the mundane, ordinary, and routine. Always strive to find something that will give you small bouts of happiness throughout the day. Whenever you need something to push you forward, feel free to reread the quotes in this collection!