Relive your favorite Morticia, Gomez, or Wednesday scenes through this collection of The Addams family quotes!
The franchise started as a cartoon in the late 1930s. However, it was so well-received that it was later adapted into several movies.
The Addamses are anything but what you would call normal, yet they function as an average and happy family. Gomez, Morticia, and Wednesday all have a taste for the dark and dismal, making them seem like a bunch of weirdos.
Even their fashion sense screams Halloween, spooky, and kooky! The Addams Family franchise is so iconic that even decades after the first cartoon series was released, we still flock to our screens to watch its movies, TV series, and other adaptations!
If you love this eccentric family as much as we do, you’ll enjoy this list of The Addams Family quotes we’ve gathered. Read through to the end and find your favorite quotes from the movie franchise!
Best The Addams Family Quotes
1. “And our credo: ‘Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.’ We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words.” – Morticia Addams
2. “Spirits above me, give me a sign. Shall I be joyous or shall I be damned?” – Gomez Addams
3. Wednesday Addams: “Pugsley, sit in the chair.”
Pugsley Addams: “Why?”
Wednesday Addams: “So we can play a game.”
Pugsley Addams: “What game?”
Wednesday Addams: “It’s called, ‘Is There a God?’”
4. “Wednesday, look at all of the other children, their freckles, their bright little eyes, their eager, friendly smiles. Help them.” – Morticia Addams
5. “Don’t torture yourself, Gomez. That’s my job.” – Morticia Addams
6. “Last night, you were unhinged. You were like some desperate, howling demon. You frightened me. Do it again!” – Morticia Addams
7. Wednesday Addams: “Now, one of you will be the drowning victim, and the other one gets to be our lifesaver.”
Amanda Buckman: “I’ll be the victim.”
Wednesday Addams: “All your life.”
The Addams Family Quotes on Love
8. Gomez Addams: “To live without you, only that would be torture.”
Morticia Addams: “A day alone, only that would be death.”
9. “Look at her. I would die for her. I would kill for her. Either way, what bliss.” – Gomez Addams
10. Gomez Addams: “How long has it been since we’ve waltzed?”
Morticia Addams: “Oh, Gomez, hours.”
11. Morticia Addams: “When we first met years ago, it was an evening much like this. Magic in the air. A boy.”
Gomez Addams: “A girl.”
Morticia Addams: “An open grave. It was my first funeral.”
Gomez Addams: “You were so beautiful. Pale and mysterious. No one even looked at the corpse.”
12. “And that all you need in this life of sin is your significant other—and some spooky pumpkins.” – Morticia Addams
Meaningful Quotes From The Addams Family About Family
13. “I’m just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It’s just, I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade.” – Morticia Addams
14. “I hope that someday you’ll know the indescribable joy of having children and of paying someone else to raise them.” – Gomez Addams
15. “They’re not your family; I am. They don’t love you; I do. They’re evil, and corrupt, and degraded. I can give you that!” – Abigail Craven
Funny The Addams Family Quotes That Are Simply Unforgettable
16. “It was just a party. It’s over. It means nothing.” – Uncle Fester Addams
17. Pugsley Addams: “Are they dead?”
Wednesday Addams: “Does it matter?”
18. Morticia Addams: “Wednesday’s at that very special age when a girl has only one thing on her mind.”
Ellen Buckman: “Boys?”
Wednesday Addams: “Homicide.”
19. Joel Glicker: “Wednesday, do you think someday you might want to get married and have kids?”
Wednesday Addams: “No.”
Joel Glicker: “What if you found the right man who worshipped and adored you, who’d do anything for you, who’d be your devoted slave? Then what would you do?”
Wednesday Addams: “I’d pity him.”
20. Girl Scout: “Is this made from real lemons?”
Wednesday Addams: “Yes.”
Girl Scout: “I only like all-natural foods and beverages, organically grown, with no preservatives. Are you sure they’re real lemons?”
Pugsley Addams: “Yes.”
Girl Scout: “Well, I’ll tell you what. I’ll buy a cup if you buy a box of my delicious Girl Scout cookies. Do we have a deal?”
Wednesday Addams: “Are they made from real Girl Scouts?”
The Addams Family Sayings for Your Instagram Captions
21. “Two, ten, eleven. Eyes, fingers, toes!” – Gomez Addams
22. “Smell that air, Fester! Like a tomb.” – Gomez Addams
23. “Thing, you’re a handful.” – Morticia Addams
24. “We don’t hug.” – Wednesday Addams
More The Addams Family Quotes to Revisit Your Favorite Movie Franchise
25. “This is my costume. I’m a homicidal maniac; they look just like everyone else.” – Wednesday Addams
26. Wednesday Addams: “Nobody gets out of the Bermuda Triangle, not even for a vacation. Everyone knows that.”
Dr. Greta Pinder-Schloss: “Oh, my little bundle. So much you don’t understand. The human spirit, it is a hard thing to kill.”
Grandmama: “Even with a chainsaw.”
27. “You have taken the land which is rightfully ours. Years from now, my people will be forced to live in mobile homes on reservations. Your people will wear cardigans and drink highballs. We will sell our bracelets by the roadsides. You will play golf and enjoy warm hors d’oeuvres. My people will have pain and degradation. Your people will have stick shifts. The gods of my tribe have spoken. They have said, ‘Do not trust the pilgrims, especially Sarah Miller.’” – Wednesday Addams
28. Susan Firkins: “Well, Wednesday brought in this picture: Calpurnia Addams.”
Morticia Addams: “Wednesday’s great-aunt Calpurnia. She was burned as a witch in 1706. They said she danced naked in the town square and enslaved the minister.”
Susan Firkins: “Really?”
Morticia Addams: “Oh, yes. But don’t worry. We’ve told Wednesday college first.”
29. Uncle Fester Addams: “Haven’t you ever slaughtered anyone?”
Wednesday Addams: “He’s only a child.”
Uncle Fester Addams: “No excuse! Aim for a major artery. The jugular.”
30. Wednesday Addams: “Pass the salt.”
Morticia Addams: “And what do we say?”
Wednesday Addams: “Now.”
Can You Relate to Any Members of the Addams Family?
When we think of The Addams Family, the top words that come to mind would be spooky, gothic, and sometimes even creepy. All these adjectives accurately describe the family we’ve all come to know and love.
But, beyond that, The Addams Family has some profound lessons we can all reflect on. For example, they teach us about women’s empowerment, keeping love alive, and embracing yourself.
We see how strong and confident Morticia and Wednesday Addams are in the movies. They don’t need a man to make them feel better about themselves because they are empowered and know their worth!
Secondly, we learn much about romance and love through Morticia and Gomez’s relationship. Yes, the Addamses were strange, but these two proved that genuine love is the foundation of a happy and strong family.
Lastly, The Addams Family teaches us how vital embracing and loving ourselves is. We have our quirks, strengths, and weaknesses; by accepting them, we free ourselves from our inhibitions and enjoy life more!
The Addams Family might be kooky and spooky, but they undoubtedly leave us with valuable lessons to keep in our hearts. Save this collection in your bookmarks so you can reflect on it whenever you need a little push in the right direction!