Here are the best Morticia Addams quotes that will charm you with her witty, dark humor and exquisite elegance!
Morticia Addams is the matriarch of The Addams Family, married to Gomez Addams, and a mother of five.
Her expertise in conjuring spells and hexes, and impeccable gothic fashion is the reason behind her rightful position as the head of the family.
She appeared in films, animated series, and musicals featuring the peculiar clan.
Check out the complete list below to know more about her or to revisit her famous lines!
Let’s get started.
Best Morticia Addams Quotes
1. “Black is such a happy color.”
2. “Darling, I always wear black.”
3. “You have enslaved him. You have placed Fester under some strange sexual spell. I respect that. But please, may we see him?”
4. “There’s nothing more romantic than a dark, chill attic in a thunderstorm.”
5. “Hearts are wild creatures; that’s why our ribs are cages.”
6. “Did I just hear a peal of thunder? That’s the most heavenly sound.”
7. “Wednesday’s great-aunt Calpurnia. She was burned as a witch in 1706. They said she danced naked in the town square and enslaved the minister. But don’t worry, we’ve told Wednesday: college first.”
8. “Our lifeless bodies rotting together for all eternity.”
9. “Wednesday, look at all of the other children, their freckles, their bright little eyes, their eager, friendly smiles. Help them.”
10. “You are dearer to me than all the bats in all the caves in the world.”
11. “I’ve been yours since that first day you carved my initials in your leg.”
12. “When we’re together, every night is Halloween.”
13. “An open grave. It was my first funeral.”
14. “And our credo: Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc. ‘We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.’ Not just pretty words.”
15. “My major? Spells and hexes.”
Iconic Morticia Addams Quotes
16. “Life’s not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know.”
17. “Oh Gomez, it’s dark, it’s depressing, it’s desolate. It’s a dream.”
18. “Scream if you need anything.”
19. “Darling, some people have a twisted sense of beauty.”
20. “This morning when I woke up and the sky was all dark and cloudy, I knew right then and there that this was going to be a lovely day.”
21. “In this weather? With all the blue sky and sunshine?”
22. “It’s impossible that blondes have more fun.”
23. “Don’t torture yourself, Gomez. That’s my job.”
24. “Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.”
25. “I’m just like any modern woman trying to have it all. Loving husband, a family. It’s just; I wish I had more time to seek out the dark forces and join their hellish crusade.”
Funny Morticia Addams Quotes
26. “Flora, Fauna, how can I compete? You’re twice the woman I am.”
27. “It’s so sweet. He looks just like a little entrée.”
28. “Wednesday’s at that very special age when a girl has only one thing on her mind.”
29. “You have gone too far. You have married Fester, you have destroyed his spirit, you have taken him from us. All that I could forgive. But Debbie, pastels?”
30. “Marvelous news. I’m going to have a baby. Right now.”
31. “Do you think that when a new baby arrives, one of the other children has to die?”
32. “Children, what are you doing?”
33. “Wednesday, play with your food!”
34. “Last night, you were unhinged. You were like some desperate, howling demon. You frightened me. Do it again!”
35. “Hush, Mama! It’s for charity! Widows and orphans. We need more of them.”
36. “Children, this is Miss Jellinsky, our new nanny. What do we say?”
37. “Our whole family together—at last, three generations—above ground.”
38. “Salt, pepper, or cyanide?”
39. “You’ve had your shots? Measles, mumps, rabies?”
40. “All the important numbers: Police, Fire Department, Morgue.”
41. “Oh, no. He lives.”
42. “To think, a child of mine!”
43. “What glorious evening. Rain.”
44. “How delightfully tragic!”
45. “Thing, you’re a handful.”
Morticia Addams Quotes About Gomez
46. “A day alone, only that would be death.”
47. “When we first met years ago, it was an evening much like this. Magic in the air.”
48. “Gomez, take those out of his mouth.”
49. “About the séance tonight, I wish you’d come. It’s Gomez I’m terribly worried about. He won’t eat, he can’t sleep, he keeps coughing up blood.”
50. “Gomez, why don’t we go for a drive? The whole family.”
51. “My baby is ill, and my husband is dying. Oh, Mama, what shall I do?”
52. “So, you still desire me after all these years? The old ball and chain?”
53. “Adieu, mon cher.”
More Morticia Addams Quotes
54. “It has to be damp.”
55. “One house, three children, so many windows.”
56. “Oh, no. Just you.”
57. “Children, do you think we love the baby more than we love you?”
58. “Why wait?”
59. “No, thank you. But do ask the children.”
60. “But we’re late for the charity auction.”
61. “Uncle Niknak’s winter wardrobe. Uncle Niknak’s summer wardrobe. Uncle Niknak.”
62. “Dead Man’s Curve.”
63. “That ring!”
64. “Well, not like he used to.”
65. “Children, we’re starting. Put down that antenna.”
66. “I know it is wet, and the sun is not sunny. But we can have lots of good fun, that is funny.”
67. “Gomez. Sun. Il me perce comme un poignard.”
68. “Your turn, my ecstasy.”
69. “You’ve done this before.”
70. “There it is. Just what we’ve been searching for. Thank you, Thing.”
Which is Your Favorite Morticia Addams Quote?
Since the publication of The Addams Family in 1964, the fictional cartoon has been adapted in different forms of media. Its release continues to be influential and serves as an inspiration in gothic culture. One of its most unforgettable and powerful characters is Morticia Addams, an elegant, aloof, and well-mannered witch that is protective of her family.
Morticia Addams honors her family’s unique lifestyle, managing to take care of her children while being a lovely wife. Her love for her family is endless, embracing even the darkest aspects of their beings that make us feel like true love exists in this world.
She teaches us the importance of loyalty and devotion to our loved ones and inspires us to reach our authentic goth selves. Moreover, no matter how hard life gets, she reminds us to pursue our dreams and remain faithful to ourselves.
So, if these quote collections inspired you and made you smile, please let us know in the comment section below.