If you are a fan of the Addams family, you will surely love their daughter’s unique and strange personality in this collection of Wednesday Addams quotes.
Wednesday Addams is an iconic character from the famed Addams family.
She is the unica hija of the family’s patriarch, Gomez, and his witch-like wife, Morticia.
Her obsession with death and all things dark, literally and figuratively, are what sets her apart from all the children her age.
She is also most interested in spiders and the Bermuda Triangle.
This unconventional behavior created rather deep and sarcastic humor that fascinated a lot of viewers.
Get to know more about this lady’s unorthodox lifestyle by reading these quotes. You, too, will surely enjoy her savage and straightforward attitude.
Start reading here.
Best Wednesday Addams Quotes
1. “Nobody gets out of the Bermuda Triangle, not even for a vacation. Everyone knows that.”
2. “Everyone knows it. When you have a new baby, one of the other children has to die.”
3. “This is my costume. I’m a homicidal maniac. They look just like everyone else.”
4. “We don’t hug.”
5. “No one torments my family but me.”
6. “What’s so great about being yourself, when you can be like everyone else?”
7. “You might find a nice girl to be miserable with.”
8. “I’ll clean my room in exchange for your immortal soul.”
9. “I’m not perky.”
10. “How all occasions do inform against me and spur my dull revenge. O, from this time forth, my thoughts are bloody or nothing worth it. If I must strike you dead, I will.”
11. “I am not in a bad mood, this is just me.”
12. “Don’t be a baby. I know what I’m doing.”
13. “It’s getting dark in this little heart of mine.”
14. “How I wish something would lighten up this already tedious day.”
Famous Wednesday Addams Quotes
15. “Be afraid. Be very afraid.”
16. “Now I understand. This is a children’s prison.”
17. “If I wanted to kill my husband, I’d do it, and I wouldn’t get caught.”
18. “So I’ll have to prove my power!”
19. “I’m going to electrocute him.”
20. “It is called, ‘Is There a God?’”
21. “Pugsley, the baby weighs ten pounds, the cannonball weighs twenty pounds. Which will hit the stone wall first?”
22. “Your work is puerile and under-dramatized. You lack any sense of structure, character, and the Aristotelian unities.”
23. “I don’t want to be in the pageant.”
24. “O proud Death, what feast is toward in thine eternal cell? Sweet Oblivion, open your arms.”
25. “You have taken the land which is rightfully ours. Years from now, my people will be forced to live in mobile homes on reservations—your people will wear cardigans and drink highballs. We will sell our bracelets by the roadside—you will play golf and enjoy hot hors d’oeuvres. My people will have pain and degradation—your people will have stick-shifts. The gods of my tribe have spoken. They have said, ‘Do not trust the Pilgrims, especially Sarah Miller.’”
26. “Living under this roof is all the torment you’ll need. Besides, our parents have made it clear that the only way to be accepted in this family is to be exactly like them. I can’t play by those rules anymore.”
27. “Farewell, brother Pugsley. Tomorrow, you’ll become a man, and I’ll be a fugitive. Farewell, Pugsley.”
28. “You severely underestimate my apathy.”
29. “Popularity is fleeting. I prefer to set my sights on something challenging — the establishment.”
Wednesday Addams Quotes That Show Her Dark Personality
30. Girl Scout: “I’ll buy a cup if you buy a box of my delicious Girl Scout cookies.”
Wednesday Addams: “Are they made from real Girl Scouts?”
31. Morticia Addams: “Wednesday’s at that very special age when a girl has only one thing on her mind.”
Wednesday Addams: “Homicide.”
32. Pugsley Addams: “Are they dead?”
Wednesday Addams: “Does it matter?”
33. Joel: “But what if you met the right man, who worshipped and adored you? Who’d do anything for you? Who’d be your devoted slave? Then what would you do?”
Wednesday: “I’d pity him.”
34. Wednesday Addams: “It has to warm up.”
Pugsley Addams: “Why?”
Wednesday Addams: “So it can kill you.”
35. “This day is becoming most wonderfully disruptive.”
36. “Then I can run away and still be around to see them suffer.”
37. “And for all these reasons I have decided to scalp you and burn your village to the ground.”
38. Wednesday Addams: “Pass the salt.”
Morticia Addams: “And what do we say?”
Wednesday Addams: “Now!”
39. “I’ll stop wearing black when they make a darker color.”
40. “Remember, Bethany. I’m not locked here with you, you’re locked in here with me.”
41. “They never tell us anything interesting, like how many heads they chopped off in the French revolution.”
42. “I hate everything.”
43. “Come, sorrow, we welcome thee. Let us join in grief, rejoice in despair, and honour the fortunate dead.”
44. “Bring forward the evil one. You have betrayed the people of France. You are evil incarnate. How do you plead? Guilty, by her own admission. The sentence is death. Executioner, place her on the block.”
Funny Wednesday Addams Quotes
45. “Nice knife! Can I play autopsy with it?”
46. “I may not have a cell phone, but you don’t have a crossbow, and I thought everybody did.”
47. “They had sex.”
48. “Is that your overbite?”
49. “This is the worst thing that has ever happened in the history of human events. Uncle Fester’s getting married.”
Other Wednesday Addams Quotes
50. “Woe to the Republic.”
51. “All your life.”
52. “A spider’s a girl’s best friend.”
53. “I knew it! You are a fake!”
54. “We’re contagious.”
55. “There must be something. We never go anywhere. Who knows the untold horrors we’re missing out on.”
56. “If you learn how to dance well, she’ll think you’re boss.”
57. “I believe the word is psychotic.”
58. “I think that woman is deranged. Her face reminds me of a death mask.”
59. “Oh, villain, villain, smiling damn villain.”
60. “Do you believe in evil?”
Were You Captivated by Wednesday’s Unusual Charm?
In the 1938 original version of the cartoon that Charles Addams, the creator of the Addams Family published, the children of the Addamses have no names. Later on, in the 1964 TV series adaptation, the name “Wednesday” was born. It was based on a line from the popular nursery rhyme, Monday’s Child.
Her character varied from adaptation to adaptation. In the earlier versions, she was a sweet little girl, while in the latter, she became a lot darker and more bitter. She is typically depicted as a pale-faced, braided, and dark-fashioned young lady.
Her sadistic nature and sarcastic humor added a lot of value to the already interesting plot of the Addams Family. Her character teaches us to be strong and independent in our own unique but beautiful way.
Did we miss any of your favorite Wednesday Addams quotes? Which of her lines is your favorite? We’d love to know, hit us up in the comments section below.