You’ll undoubtedly find these Albus Dumbledore quotes helpful if you need advice about anything!
Albus Dumbledore is one of the greatest wizards who ever lived, and as proof, he is the wielder of the Elder Wand. He’s also the Headmaster of the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and someone who stood as one of Harry Potter’s wisest mentors in life and school.
He’s wise beyond his years, never proud or vain, and is always focused on working toward the greater good. Dumbledore might not have given Harry Potter and his friends all the answers to their questions at first glance. But he was there to guide them closer to the answer each time.
Aside from being Harry’s mentor, Dumbledore was also his protector. He knew all about the darkness of the history surrounding Harry Potter and vowed to be one of his strongest confidants and defenders.
Know more about his outstanding qualities through this list of Albus Dumbledore quotes we’ve compiled. Don’t miss out, and read through to the end of this list!
Best Albus Dumbledore Quotes
1. “The truth: it is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with caution.”
2. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”
3. “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times—if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
4. “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
5. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”
6. “You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be!”
7. “Do not pity the dead, Harry; pity the living. And above all, those who live without love.”
8. “It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it. Those who, like you, have leadership thrust upon them, and take up the mantle because they must, and find to their own surprise that they wear it well.”
9. “It is important to fight and fight again, and keep fighting, for only then can evil be kept at bay though never quite eradicated.”
10. “You think the dead we loved truly ever leave us? You think we don’t recall them more clearly in times of great trouble?”
Albus Dumbledore Quotes Packed With Wisdom
11. “Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.”
12. “It’s the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.”
13. “Dark times lie ahead of us, and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right.”
14. “Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.”
15. “We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.”
Eye-Opening Albus Dumbledore Quotes to Learn From
16. “The best of us sometimes eat our words.”
17. “Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.”
18. “After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”
19. “The consequences of our actions are always so complicated, so diverse, that predicting the future is a very difficult business indeed.”
20. “People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.”
21. “Killing is not so easy as the innocent believe.”
22. “Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic—capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.”
23. “Have you any idea how much tyrants fear the people they oppress? All of them realize that one day, amongst their many victims, there is sure to be one that rises against them and strikes back!”
24. “Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike.”
Albus Dumbledore Quotes to Guide You in Life
25. “Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
26. “It is my belief that the truth is generally preferable to lies.”
27. “This pain is part of being human. The fact that you can feel pain like this is your greatest strength.”
28. “We must try not to sink beneath our anguish but battle on.”
29. “While we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one.”
30. “For in dreams, we enter a world that is entirely our own. Let them swim in the deepest ocean or glide over the highest cloud.”
31. “As much money and life as you could want! The two things most human beings would choose above all. The trouble is, humans do have a knack for choosing precisely those things that are worst for them.”
32. “Of course, it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”
33. “Youth can not know how age thinks and feels, but old men are guilty if they forget what it is to be young.”
34. “Curiosity is not a sin, but we should exercise caution with our curiosity.”
35. “Call him ‘Voldemort,’ Harry. Always use the proper name for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.”
More Albus Dumbledore Quotes That You Can’t Help but Adore
36. “Let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.”
37. “I sometimes find, and I am sure you know the feeling, that I simply have too many thoughts and memories crammed into my mind.”
38. “Music—a magic beyond all we do here!”
39. “Or perhaps, to confess that you yourself are worried and frightened? You need your friends, Harry. As you so rightly said, Sirius would not have wanted you to shut yourself away.”
40. “One can never have enough socks.”
Which Do You Think Is the Wisest and Most Helpful Albus Dumbledore Quote?
Albus Dumbledore has some timeless wisdom we can all take to heart. And, as fans of Harry Potter, we could certainly see the appeal of looking to him as our father-like figure.
One thing Dumbledore lives by is living in the present. A famous quote of his goes, “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” Through this line, he reminds us not to get too caught up in external factors.
Dreams are great, but we should not solely focus on the future. If we do, who will look after our present, which, further down the line, would lead to the fruition of our goals?
In the same way, we should never allow ourselves to wallow in the troubles and pains of our past. Remembering and looking back on where you came from is essential to succeed. However, the past is not something we should hold onto; instead, we must only view it as a stepping stone to success.
So, as we’ve learned from Dumbledore, live for the present and never let a moment pass you by. Grab your opportunities when they present themselves, and do your best till the very end!