In this collection, we’ve gathered our favorite wise, but at the same time, quirky quotes from the movie, “Harry Potter.”
Her character is so unique and different from everyone else, and these quotes are sure to make your day a little bit brighter.
Luna Lovegood appeared in different segments of the Harry Potter franchise.
And while she’s not part of the main characters, she definitely made an impact on the audience and readers of the story.
Learn more about her quirks and pieces of wisdom through the collection below.
Start reading here.
Best Luna Lovegood Quotes
1. “Don’t worry, you are just as sane as I am.”
2. “Being different isn’t a bad thing. It means that you are brave enough to be yourself.”
3. “Wit beyond measure is a man’s greatest treasure.”
4. “They’ll show up sometime—even when you least expect it.”
5. “You have to wait for somebody who gets it right. That way, you learn. You see?”
6. “There are plenty of eyewitness accounts. Just because you’re so narrow-minded, you need to have everything shoved under your nose before you.”
7. “Always be yourself because if you’re not yourself, who are you? Someone else? Therefore, not being you at all.”
8. “That’s right, Harry. Come on, think of something happy.”
9. “Oh, it’s all good fun. But as this is the last night, I really do need them back.”
Famous Luna Lovegood Quotes
10. “I think the answer is that a circle has no beginning.”
11. “I enjoyed the meetings, too. It was like having friends.”
12. “I’ve interrupted a deep thought, haven’t I? I can see it growing smaller in your eyes.”
13. “I’ve never stunned anyone except in our D.A. lessons. That was noisier than I thought it would be.”
14. “I don’t think you should be an Auror, Harry. The Aurors are part of the Rotfang Conspiracy. I thought everyone knew that. They’re working to bring down the Ministry of Magic from within using a mixture of dark magic and gum disease.”
15. “You can laugh! But people used to believe there were no such things as the Blibbering Humdinger, or the Crumple-Horned Snorkack!”
16. “They think I’m a bit odd, you know. Some people call me ‘Loony Lovegood’, actually.”.
17. “My mum always said, ‘Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end—if not always in the way we expect.’”
18. “She didn’t enjoy it very much. She doesn’t think you treated her very well because you wouldn’t dance with her. I don’t think I’d have minded. I don’t like dancing very much.”
19. “There are other ways of flying than with broomsticks.”
Luna Lovegood Quotes on Death and Losing Things
20. “The only people who can see them are those who’ve seen death.”
21. “And anyway, it’s not as though I’ll never see Mum again, is it?”
22. “We should close his eyes, don’t you think? There—now he could be sleeping.”
23. “Thank you so much, Dobby—for rescuing me from that cellar. It’s so unfair that you had to die when you were so good and brave. I’ll always remember what you did for us. I hope you’re happy now.”
24. “They’ll come back—they always do in the end.”
25. “You won’t find it where you’re going. You’re wasting your time.”
26. “Harry Potter! You listen to me right now! Don’t you remember what Cho said about Rowena Ravenclaw’s diadem? There’s not a person alive who’s seen it. It’s obvious, isn’t it? You have to talk to someone who’s dead.”
27. “My mum. She was quite an extraordinary witch, but she did like to experiment. And one day, one of her spells went badly wrong. I was nine.”
28. “Yes, it was rather horrible. I still feel very sad about it sometimes. But I’ve still got Dad.”
29. “I’ve lost all my possessions. Apparently, people have been hiding them.”
Funny Luna Lovegood Quotes
30. “Oooh, look! A Blibbering Humdinger!”
31. “I think I’ll just go down and have some pudding and wait for it all to turn up—it always does in the end.”
32. “I’m supporting Gryffindor. Look what it does. It’s good, isn’t it? I wanted to have it chewing up a serpent to represent Slytherin, you know, but there wasn’t time. Anyway, good luck Ronald!”.
33. “He’s lovely! They’ve been known to sing on Boxing Day, you know. Quibbler?”
34. “Come, daddy. Harry doesn’t want to talk to us right now. He’s just too polite to say it.”
35. “A Wrackspurt—they’re invisible. They float in through your ears, and make your brain go fuzzy. I thought I felt one zooming around in here.”
36. “Daddy, look! One of the gnomes actually bit me!”
37. “I’ve never been to this part of the castle. At least, not while awake—I sleepwalk, you see. That’s why I wear shoes to bed.”
38. “We fly, of course.”
39. “Wrackspurts. Your head’s full of them.”
40. “Muggles think this keeps away evil—but they’re wrong.”
41. “When you say ‘Sirius,’ are you talking about Stubby Boardman?”
42. “Would you like me to fix it for you? Personally, I think you look a little more devil-may-care this way, but it’s up to you.”
43. “Exceptionally ordinary.”
44. “They’re called Thestrals. They’re quite gentle really, but people avoid them because they’re a bit.”
Luna Lovegood Quotes About Nargles and Friends
45. “Mistletoe, good thinking. It’s often infested with Nargles.”
46. “All my shoes have mysteriously disappeared. I suspect the Nargles are behind it.”
47. “It’s a charm, actually. It keeps away the Nargles.”
48. “That’s all right. It’s like being with a friend.”
49. “Oh, no! I’d love to go with you as friends! Nobody’s ever asked me to a party before—as a friend! Is that why you dyed your eyebrow—for the party? Should I do mine too?”
Inspirational Luna Lovegood Quotes
50. “We’re all still here—we’re still fighting. Come on, now.”
51. “Well, if I were You-Know-Who, I’d want you to feel cut off from everyone else. Because if it’s just you alone, you’re not as much of a threat.”
52. “I’d want some peace and quiet, if it were me.”
53. “You look smart. I told Daddy most people wear dress robes. But he believes you ought to wear sun colours to a wedding—for luck, you know.”
More Luna Lovegood Quotes
54 “Well, my father is very supportive of any anti-Ministry action!”
55. “You’re being rather rude, you know.”
56. “Oh, come on. You heard them just behind the veil, didn’t you? They were just lurking out of sight, that’s all. You heard them.”
57. “Is it true you can produce a patronus charm?”
58. “Ron can laugh. But my father has done a lot of research on Gernumbli magic.”
59. “Very well. I was bitten by a garden gnome only moments ago.”
60. “I believe He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named is back. And I believe you fought him and escaped from him.”
Which of These Quotes Brought a Smile to Your Face?
When we are scared, in sorrow, sadness, grief, or having a heartache, we probably find it very hard to smile. But, if someone is always there to cheer us up, we might forget our problems and sorrows for a while.
In the film, Luna Lovegood has a happy-go-lucky attitude and a quirky personality. After her initial appearance in “Order of the Phoenix,” Luna became a fan favourite character. She ranked as the 12th and 10th best Harry Potter character based on IGN and Empire Magazine, respectively.
Luna Lovegood taught us that in whatever situation that we are facing, if we have our family and friends around us, it’s still possible to be happy and cheer ourselves up. We hope these Luna Lovegood quotes make you smile today. And together, let’s strive to be more like her toward the people we care for.
Do you have some funny quotes of Luna Lovegood to add? Which quotes from the list above are your favorites? Please add it in the comment section!