These profound Harry Potter quotes will make you feel like you’re part of the Wizarding World!
When J.K. Rowling’s books were adapted into a movie franchise, it instantly birthed new stars through the main characters: Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley. These three friends are the main driving force behind this fantastic piece that follows Harry Potter’s life story.
What’s more, we also have other unique characters like Albus Dumbledore, Rubeus Hagrid, Sirius Black, and Severus Snape. Some are allies; some are enemies. Yet, they all make us reflect and reconsider our actions.
For every kid who grew up with Harry Potter, there’s no denying their influence on how we perceive the world. They teach us how to love, the importance of friends, and why we should never give up despite the odds.
So, travel back to Hogwarts through these Harry Potter quotes. We’ve included the best ones in this list. Don’t miss out!
Best Harry Potter Quotes
1. “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but a great deal more to stand up to your friends.” – Albus Dumbledore
2. “Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living and, above all, those who live without love.” – Albus Dumbledore
3. “It is the quality of one’s convictions that determines success, not the number of followers.” – Remus Lupin
4. “We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.” – Sirius Black
5. “It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” – Albus Dumbledore
6. “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times—if one only remembers to turn on the light.” – Albus Dumbledore
7. “Of course, it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” – Albus Dumbledore
8. “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” – Sirius Black
9. “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – Albus Dumbledore
10. “We can’t choose our fate, but we can choose others. Be careful in knowing that.” – Albus Dumbledore
Harry Potter Quotes to Inspire You
11. “If there is one thing Voldemort cannot understand, it is love. He didn’t realize that love as powerful as your mother’s for you leaves its own mark. Not a scar, no visible sign—to have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever. It is in your very own skin.” – Albus Dumbledore
12. “The ones that love us never really leave us. You can always find them in here.” – Sirius Black
13. “We’re all human, aren’t we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving.” – Kingsley Shacklebolt
14. “Call him Voldemort, Harry. Always use the proper name for things. Fear of a name increases fear of the thing itself.” – Albus Dumbledore
15. “After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” – Albus Dumbledore
16. “My mum always said things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end.” – Luna Lovegood
17. “You think the dead we loved ever truly leave us? You think that we don’t recall them more clearly than ever in times of great trouble?” – Albus Dumbledore
18. “It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it. Those who, like you, have leadership thrust upon them, and take up the mantle because they must, and find to their own surprise that they wear it well.” – Albus Dumbledore
Harry Potter Quotes That Will Give You Courage
19. “Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” – Ginny Weasley
20. “We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.” – Albus Dumbledore
21. “It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.” – Albus Dumbledore
22. “Dumbledore says people find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.” – Hermione Granger
23. “You are protected, in short, by your ability to love!” – Albus Dumbledore
24. “It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness—nothing more.” – Albus Dumbledore
25. “Books! And cleverness! There are more important things: friendship and bravery.” – Hermione Granger
Harry Potter Quotes That’ll Fill Your Life With Magic
26. “For in dreams, we enter a world that is entirely our own.” – Albus Dumbledore
27. “Yer a wizard, Harry.” – Rubeus Hagrid
28. “Words are, in my not-so-humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic―capable of both inflicting injury, and remedying it.” – Albus Dumbledore
29. “Curiosity is not a sin. But we should exercise caution with our curiosity.” – Albus Dumbledore
30. “The happiest man on earth would be able to use the Mirror of Erised like a normal mirror, that is, he would look into it and see himself exactly as he is.” – Albus Dumbledore
Harry Potter Quotes to Keep In Your Memory
31. “Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy.” – Albus Dumbledore
32. “Age is foolish and forgetful when it underestimates youth.” – Albus Dumbledore
33. “Wit beyond measure is man’s greatest treasure.” – Luna Lovegood
34. “What’s comin’ will come, and we’ll meet it when it does.” – Rubeus Hagrid
35. “The truth: it is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.” – Albus Dumbledore
More Harry Potter Quotes to Revisit Your Favorite Scenes
36. “I solemnly swear I am up to no good.” – Harry Potter
37. “I hope you’re pleased with yourselves. We could all have been killed—or worse, expelled. Now, if you don’t mind, I’m going to bed.” – Hermione Granger
38. “I am what I am, and I’m not ashamed.” – Rubeus Hagrid
39. “Fame is a fickle friend, Harry. Celebrity is as celebrity does. Remember that.” – Gilderoy Lockhart
40. “I mean, it’s sort of exciting, isn’t it, breaking the rules?” – Hermione Granger
How Old Were You When You First Watched or Read Harry Potter?
Harry Potter is an institution, and the world wouldn’t be the same without it. It does not just have a unique storyline; it’s also something that’ll guide us through the arduous journey we call life.
As we all know, navigating the world is hard. Without anyone guiding us through our life’s endless roads, there’s a high chance we’ll get lost, fail, and even give up. However, through Harry Potter, we learn that we can conquer our challenges even when everything seems to be against us.
Power is great to have, but more than that, what would truly help you succeed are your faith, friends, and persistence. Harry Potter might have had a tragic childhood, but he found comrades in his friends, classmates, and mentors. He didn’t give up and instead braved all the threats that plagued his life.
There are seven books and eight movies in the Harry Potter franchise, and we’re sure each chapter and scene will provide you with loads of lessons to keep in your heart. With that, we hope this list of the franchise’s best quotes was able to give you a sneak peek of what the rest has to offer. Keep this list in your bookmarks, and look back on it whenever you need inspiration!