For fans of Batman, these Bane quotes are great wake-up calls in life!
As one of the most famous villains known in the world, you’re sure to pick up some lessons—intentional or not—from this collection of quotes that focus on topics like revenge, life, and identity.
So, if you’re in need of some encouragement or inspiration, then this collection might just be perfect for you; it can serve as a form of entertainment, too!
Start reminiscing your childhood through the quotes below.
Start reading them here.
Best Bane Quotes
1. “Do you feel in charge?”
2. “Theatricality and deception are powerful agents to the uninitiated.”
3. “The fire rises.”
4. “The bomb is armed. The bomb is mobile. The identity of the triggermen is a mystery.”
5. “You think darkness is your ally, but you merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it.”
6. “The powerful will be ripped from their decadent nests, and cast out into the cold world that we know and endure.”
7. “We both know I have to kill you now. You’ll just have to imagine the fire.”
8. “As I terrorize Gotham, I will feed its people hope to poison their souls.”
9. “Speak of the devil and he shall appear.”
10. “Peace has cost you your strength. Victory has defeated you.”
11. “No one cared who I was ‘til I put on the mask.”
12. “Time to go mobile.”
13. “So you came back to die with your city?”
14. “We come here not as conquerors but as liberators, to return control of this city to the people.”
15. “Calm down, doctor. Now is not the time for fear. That comes later.”
16. “It would be extremely painful for you.”
17. “I am not a joke. I am not a riddle! I am Bane!”
18. “We will destroy Gotham, then when it is done and Gotham is ashes, then you have my permission to die.”
19. “I am Bane, and I could kill you. But death would only end your agony and silence your shame. Instead, I will simply break you!”
Bane Quotes on Violence and Revenge
20. “Oh yes, I was wondering what would break first—your spirit or your body?”
21. “You don’t fear death, you welcome it. Your punishment must be more severe.”
22. “I’d kill for anything. I’d kill to silence a grating voice, to darken the light in the eyes that dared look at me.”
23. “I didn’t see the light until I was already a man. By then, to me, it was only blinding.”
24. “None shall interfere. Do as you please. Start by storming Blackgate and freeing the oppressed! Step forward those who would serve, for an army will be raised.”
25. “I will let them believe they can survive so that you can watch them clamouring over each other to stay in the sun.”
26. “You can watch me torture an entire city, and when you have truly understood the depth of your failure, we will fulfill Ra’s al Ghul’s destiny.”
27. “The shadows betray you because they belong to me.”
28. “The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him, study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be mine!”
29. “I am not some rich boy playing dress-up! I am Bane!”
Bane Quotes on Life and State
30. “I broke you. How have you come back?”
31. “I learned here that there can be no true despair without hope.”
32. “There is no such thing as childhood. It’s a myth.”
33. “So easy. So simple. And like shipwrecked men turning to sea water from uncontrollable thirst, many have died trying.”
34. “Courts will be convened. Spoils will be enjoyed. Blood will be shed. The police will survive as they learn to serve true justice.”
35. “There’s a reason why this prison is the worst hell on earth—hope.”
36. “What, sir, is the use of a militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army—the bane of liberty.”
37. “Whenever governments mean to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia in order to raise an army upon their ruins.”
38. “I’m Gotham’s reckoning, here to end the borrowed time you’ve all been living on.”
39. “This great city, it will endure. Gotham will survive.”
Bane Quotes on Identity and Character
40. “Let’s not stand on ceremony here, Mr. Wayne.”
41. “I’m a necessary evil.”
42. “May you find the peace in death that you did not find in life.”
43. “It doesn’t matter who we are, what matters is our plan.”
44. “When you finish your vegetables. You have my permission to play.”
45. “They say time heals all wounds, but that presumes the source of the grief is finite.”
46. “Home—where I learned the truth about despair, as will you.”
47. “The world is my prison. I will rule it or die.”
48. “You will know my name one day; and on that day, you will beg for mercy.”
49. “Only when I’m dead do I intend to rest.”
50. “Stars can’t shine without darkness.”
Have These Bane Quotes Given You a Whole New Perspective?
Usually, villains are thought of as just bad guys where one can only pick up negative things from. However, there are some characters who have a more complex background, and some even have some lessons embedded deep inside their character’s DNA. And that’s exactly what Bane is—he’s a reminder that we can learn something useful even from the most evil bunch of characters. He was willing to do what others weren’t. And if we’re looking to be the best, we should be willing to act and sacrifice too—within reason—in order to stand out from the rest.
Which of his quotes struck you the most? Which ones were your favorites? Comment them down below.