You’ll love these Bloodborne quotes if you’re a fan of The Doll, Micolash, Gehrman, and more!
Bloodborne is a game designed for the PS4 system. Here, players are hunters, and it’s all about facing one’s fears as they traverse through the city of Yharnam.
As the game’s title implies, the city’s people are cursed with a blood-borne disease that turns them into horrific monsters. The only way for a player to survive—and succeed—in this world is to discover the city and its people’s darkest secrets.
Also, the gameplay encourages death and blood, as it is through combating their enemies that players can crush their obstacles and level up. Given this, we can learn how to deal with frustration, anger, and one’s doubts while playing the game.
Whether you’re a newbie or an avid fan, these Bloodborne quotes we’ve compiled will complete your day! Read on to discover what this game is all about.
And don’t forget to check out these Dark Souls quotes and Liberty Prime quotes.
Best Bloodborne Quotes
1. “We are born of the blood, made men by the blood, undone by the blood. Our eyes have yet to open. Fear the Old Blood.” – Provost Willem
2. “Yharnam is the home of blood ministration. You need only unravel its mystery.” – The Blood Minister
3. “Vermin writhe within filth and are the root of man’s impurity. Crush all vermin without hesitation.” – The Caryll Runes’ Item Description
4. “Perhaps there is some mercy in the madness. Those who wish to see vermin can, and those who choose to are provided with boundless purpose.” – Narrator
5. “Curse the fiends. Their children too. And their children, forever, true.” – Narrator
6. “A hunter should hunt beasts. Leave the hunting of hunters to me.” – Eileen the Crow
7. “This town is cursed. Whatever your reasons might be, you should plan a swift exit. Whatever can be gained from this place, it will do more harm than good.” – Gilbert
8. “Ah, sweet child of Kos, returned to the ocean. A bottomless curse, a bottomless sea. Accepting of all that there is, and can be.” – The Fishing Hamlet Priest
9. “The night brims with defiled scum and is permeated by their rotten stench. Just think. Now you’re all set to hunt and kill to your heart’s content. Hunt in cooperation with your fellows, your League confederates.” – Valtr
Bloodborne Quotes That Players Will Love
10. “A single hole allows one to peek out with a single eye, which is probably all that its original owner had.” – One-Eyed Iron Helm’s Item Description
11. “Now, let’s begin the transfusion. Oh, don’t you worry. Whatever happens, you may think it all a mere bad dream.” – The Blood Minister
12. “Lady Maria, I’m a robin. Will I ever curl up and become an egg? Lady Maria? Lady Maria, say something—anything!” – Enlarged Head
13. “Yes, I suppose I should not force your will. But you are a hunter and will see soon enough. That on a night of the hunt—no, on any night—nothing out there deserves to live.” – Valtr
14. “You are unbroken; you have the eyes of a hunter. You have blessed the League with your presence.” – Valtr
15. “A hunter’s grudge is an awful thing. You must find your own way on this hunt. As I have mine.” – Alfred
Bloodborne Quotes for Fans of The Doll
16. “Good hunter. This may sound strange, but have I somehow changed? Moments ago, from some place, perhaps deep within, I sensed a liberation from heavy shackles. Not that I would know, how passing strange.” – The Doll
17. “Farewell, Good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.” – The Doll
18. “Hunters have told me about the church. About the gods, and their love. But do the gods love their creations? I am a doll, created by you humans. Would you ever think to love me? Of course, I do love you. Isn’t that how you made me?” – The Doll
19. “Hello, Good Hunter. I am a doll, here in this dream to look after you. Honorable hunter, pursue the echoes of blood, and I will channel them into your strength. You will hunt beasts, and I will be here for you, to embolden your sickly spirit.” – The Doll
More Bloodborne Quotes From Gehrman, Micolash, and More to Lock Inside Your Memory
20. “Time is a cruel, cruel thing. Haven’t you noticed?” – Gehrman
21. “Ah, majestic. A hunter is a hunter, even in a dream.” – Micolash
22. “Just go out and kill a few beasts; it’s just what hunters do.” – Micolash
23. “Oh, Laurence, Master Willem—somebody help me. Unshackle me, please. Anybody. I’ve had enough of this dream. The night blocks all sight. Oh, somebody, please.” – Gehrman
24. “Oh, you, I’m afraid I’ve made a botch of things. I can hear the bell now. The beast assassin, he’s after me. Again and again, it never ends. Please, I need you to do something. This village is the true secret—testament to the old sins. It feeds this hunter’s nightmare. Please, bring an end to the horror. So our forefathers sinned? We, hunters, can’t bear their weight forever. It isn’t fair. It just isn’t fair.” – Simon
25. “Seek the Old Blood. Let us pray; let us wish. To partake in communion. Let us partake in communion and feast upon the Old Blood. Our thirst for blood satiates us, soothes our fears. Seek the old blood. But beware the frailty of men. Their wills are weak, minds young. The foul beasts will dangle nectar, and lure the meek into the depths. Remain wary of the frailty of men. Their wills are weak, minds young. Were it not for fear, death would go unlamented.” – Vicar Amelia
Which Character From Bloodborne Would You Like to Play?
In Bloodborne, players don’t get to advance if they don’t master their skills, defeat the game’s bosses, and in some way, lose their consciousness to madness. Each level of the game will send chills down your spine, but this is precisely what players love.
Bloodborne will provide you with the adrenaline you seek, especially when you encounter and defeat a boss. However, before you do, you’ll first face frustration, anger, and lots of doubt.
Like any other game, bosses are hard to defeat—especially if you’ve just started. The game pushes you and leaves you no choice but to conquer each stage, with or without bosses, yet you would first be defeated and sometimes even die before you clear it.
You’ll get frustrated and have a lot of doubts about yourself; you’d maybe even ask if you have the ability to succeed at your level. But, you shouldn’t let your anger and stress get to you.
More than that, Bloodborne also teaches us about humanity and how evil can root itself in our innermost core and consciousness. Before it does, we should be able to identify it and remove it from our system!
Bloodborne’s storyline and setting are exciting, and just these two things make it worth playing. So, we hope that the quotes above and their lessons were able to give you another reason to try it out!