If you’re a fan of Inside or Egghead, you’ll no doubt enjoy these 40 Bo Burnham quotes we’ve rounded up!
Bo Burnham is one of the world’s most unique and creative comedians. Unlike your usual stand-up comedians, he mixes music and composing into his humor and creative works.
Everything started in 2006 when he only posted his own videos on YouTube. Bo Burnham’s talent in creating musical comedy skits led him to become an internet sensation, which paved the way to the success he’s garnering today.
People keep coming back to his works, like Inside and Egghead. They are, after all, such timeless pieces that will make the audience laugh while making them reflect on their worldview.
So, if you want to experience the same thing, don’t miss out on the collection below. Read through to the end to experience Bo Burnham’s creative prowess for yourself!
Best Bo Burnham Quotes
1. “What’s important is that you stay true to yourself. Because when you enter the real world, the most valuable thing you can bring is all your you-ness. The world doesn’t need any more hot chicks or tough guys or smooth talkers—the world needs more you. And don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.”
2. “Laughter is the best medicine, y’know, besides medicine.”
3. “You got to take a deep breath and give up. The system is rigged against you.”
4. “I would say don’t take advice from people like me who have gotten very lucky.”
5. “Uncharted territory is a good place to be in.”
6. “Maybe life on Earth could be Heaven; doesn’t just the thought of it make it worth a try?”
7. “Being famous is complete luck, and that’s something you can’t bank on.”
8. “I’m grateful for every stupid mistake and dumb joke I tried to make.”
9. “Quotes are for dumb people who can’t think of something intelligent to say on their own.”
10. “No one entertains the thought that maybe God does not believe in you.”
Funny Bo Burnham Quotes to Make You Happy
11. “I stopped, and I thought, ‘What would Jesus do?’ So I didn’t exist.”
12. “If Jesus can walk on water, can he swim on land?”
13. “When I tried to hit puberty, I swung, and I missed.”
14. “Was Einstein’s theory good? Relatively.”
15. “When life gives you lemons, you probably just found lemons.”
16. “What’s a pirate minus the ship? Just a creative homeless guy.”
17. “When life gets you down, make a comforter!”
18. “If I had a dime for every time a homeless guy asked me for change, I’d still say no.”
Bo Burnham Quotes for Fans of Inside
19. “I think that, ‘Oh, if I’m self-aware about being a douchebag, it’ll somehow make me less of a douchebag.’ But it—but it doesn’t.”
20. “The question is no longer, ‘Do you want to buy wheat thins?’ for example. The question is now, ‘Will you support wheat thins in the fight against Lyme disease?’”
21. “How we feelin’ out there tonight? Ha ha ha, yeah, I am not feeling good.”
22. “Some random quote from Lord of the Rings incorrectly attributed to Martin Luther King.”
23. “Systematic oppression, income inequality—the other stuff. And, there’s only one thing that I can do about it while being paid and being the center of attention.”
24. “When I find a pirate’s map, it’s always tea-stained, and the edges are burnt. And it’s like, if you’re a pirate, alright—and you’re gonna make this map and expect me to carry it around the globe as I search for your treasure, then laminate it!”
Iconic Bo Burnham Quotes From Egghead
25. “Roses are gray, violets are a different shade of gray; let’s go chase cars!”
26. “Writing poetry is effortless.”
27. “I love you just the way you are, but you don’t see you like I do. You shouldn’t try so hard to be perfect. Trust me, perfect should try to be you.”
28. “Read this to yourself. Read it silently. Don’t move your lips. Don’t make a sound. Listen to yourself. Listen without hearing anything. What a wonderfully weird thing, huh?”
29. “Why do poets always talk about the ocean’s waves, about their single file march to shore, and yet never talk about my grandmother’s farts, which arrive in time, one after the other, with equal regularity?”
30. “Imagination. They say adults have no imagination. Not true. Just instead of dinosaurs and spaceships, they imagine silence and the new babysitter bent over the coffee table.”
Bo Burnham Quotes That Are Deeper Than They Seem
31. “For me, if you distill comedy down, it is surprise and the unexpected. That has to be it on its most base level, in any form.”
32. “Once a week, I like to slip into a deep existential depression where I lose all my sense of oneness and self-worth.”
33. “Humor is often linked to shared experience. Like, a guy gets up and says, ‘Have you noticed public restrooms have really inefficient hand dryers?’ Oh my God, yes, I have, ha ha ha. Really good point; they should fix that. It’s good to know that somebody finally gets me!”
34. “Postmodern comedy doesn’t work well with very old audiences, because it’s making fun of the comedy they enjoy.”
35. “Women are like puzzles because prior to 1920, neither had the right to vote. Puzzles still don’t.”
Bo Burnham Quotes for All His Admirers
36. “There’s a certain line between jokes and music and poetry that’s a bit blurred in my mind.”
37. “I misdirect the audience, so they have no idea where they are or who they’re listening to.”
38. “I do weird things, and people watch.”
39. “Your hard work and talent will not pay off.”
40. “Comedy is very strange to me, and I don’t fully understand its purpose or function.”
What Do You Love the Most About Bo Burnham and His Works?
Comedy and making people laugh at your jokes require immense talent and confidence. Without these, it’d seem like your jokes would only pass through one person’s ear and then come out the other.
But, Bo Burnham went beyond your typical comedic stunts and ventured into musical comedy instead. It’s so unique and captivating that he gained a following even when his only platform was YouTube.
Even so, Bo Burnham did not stop improving and furthering his career. He released a 2021 movie, Inside, which zoomed in on songs and sketches of his day-to-day life and realizations while being stuck in isolation.
Through this piece, Bo Burnham tackled topics ranging from one’s ordinary life, bouts of depression, the power of the internet, social movements, and more. Inside is a comedic piece, but it’s much more than that.
Yes, the audience gets to laugh out loud with the help of Bo Burnham, Inside, and his other works. But, aside from that, we get to think, reflect, and try to change our habits for the better, too!
We hope this list of quotes was able to open your eyes to Bo Burnham’s contributions beyond all the laughs. Let the quotes above leave you with inspiring words of wisdom to guide you in your everyday life!